What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rule on penalty and starting the clock when in kicking formation

MSBuff

:wow:Early this morning I was running through the threads and saw one where the original post stated that when I penalty is called on a team in a kicking formation the clock will start not on the official placing the ball in play but on the snap of the ball.

Anyone else see it? I can not find it now. :confused:

I read the same thing when I read the 2007 NCAA rule book today, I was pissed, but I did not see the game and I was told they snapped the ball on the whistle, but there is potential that the retards actually made the right call.

Even if they did make the right call, we wouldn't be talking about it if they could spot the damn ball in 15 seconds.

I read the same thing when I read the 2007 NCAA rule book today, I was pissed, but I did not see the game and I was told they snapped the ball on the whistle, but there is potential that the retards actually made the right call.

Thanks. Do you happen to remember just where that rule is? I was going to start looking when I had time. I am not sure why, but for some reason the post I saw was quickly eliminated. I when back in about an hour to find it and could not find it. Took to long to get the coffee on I guess.

Page FR-68, Rule 3-2-5-a-4.

If the game clock was stopped to complete a penalty, then it will be started at the ready for play. The only exception is after a delay foul by Team A in scrimmage-kick formation.

If the penalty was delay of game, then it looks like by rule the clock should have re-started on the snap, not the ready.

Page FR-68, Rule 3-2-5-a-4.

If the game clock was stopped to complete a penalty, then it will be started at the ready for play. The only exception is after a delay foul by Team A in scrimmage-kick formation.

If the penalty was delay of game, then it looks like by rule the clock should have re-started on the snap, not the ready.

This makes sense. When the whistle is blown for the ready a ref is standing right next to the ball. If the snap must happen immediately after the whistle he would get crushed by the rush so the refs would want, in that situation, for players to have the time to wait for him to exit the line of scrimmage before they have to snap the ball. Hence, the clock should start on the snap.

Back