What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor has it -- Calhoun

good lord, anything but calhoun. Anything. Please god, if we get calhoun it is 100% CERTAIN that the buffs will never win another game.

That's a little harsh. He generally seems to be able to beat CSU...

good lord, anything but calhoun. Anything. Please god, if we get calhoun it is 100% CERTAIN that the buffs will never win another game against any team not as ****ty as CSU.

better?

not enough doom.

Here you go.

doom.gif

BINGO !!!

I don't need AZ to convince me I don't want Calhoun as CU's next coach.
We all know that he's a quality Xs & Os coach but the fact that he has no proven recruiting ability and
his assistants are a big ?
Plus- yes his teams tend to beat teams they are supposed to but he really hasn't had too many 'quality' wins unless you
think Houston or a 3-9 Notre Dame squad qualifies.
Watch or listen to Calhoun in an interview. He seems like a nice guy but IMHO doesn't have a personality that's going to
grab the attention of a 17-18 yrs old.

So we wont find any of what you and Slade just posted verbatim on his site?

As for concerns -- I am concerned about his recruiting ability. He has coached and recruited for OHIO, WAKE FOREST, and AIR FORCE. He has absolutely no experience recruiting against the likes of USC, UCLA, California, Oregon, etc. I don't know if he has any recruiting ties whatsoever to ANYONE in California or Texas. He certainly has never shown that he has such ties.

This is arguably the biggest question mark regarding Calhoun and is also my main concern with him.

This is arguably the biggest question mark regarding Calhoun and is also my main concern with him.

My concern would be with dealing with a less regimented structure than the AFA. CAn he manage all of the extra inputs that overwhelmed Hawk. I'd ask him to profile those issues and solve them as part of the interview process.

My concern would be with dealing with a less regimented structure than the AFA. CAn he manage all of the extra inputs that overwhelmed Hawk. I'd ask him to profile those issues and solve them as part of the interview process.

Well, that's a good point also. All the off-field stuff aside (which itself is no small deal), but the players at the academies must be very easy to coach.

so if calhoun doesnt get named head coach...it will be thanks to az cause we all know he will take credit for it... ****in doooooooooooosh

I said it before I think he and his proxies are doing a Huge dis-service to EB. He's been at war with the AD for a while and now somehow thinks they are going to do what he wants? That is about as good a theory as the "Phil Knight wants Mike belotti at CU to increase nike's reach" even though he thinks Knight tried to "force" Belotti out at the last school.

I said it before I think he and his proxies are doing a Huge dis-service to EB. He's been at war with the AD for a while and now somehow thinks they are going to do what he wants? That is about as good a theory as the "Phil Knight wants Mike belotti at CU to increase nike's reach" even though he thinks Knight tried to "force" Belotti out at the last school.

AZ is pushing Bellotti, now. I think he has come to terms that it is unlikely that either Embree or Bienemy will become CU's next head coach. I have hardly seen him pimp any former CU players/coaches this year.

I think there would be a minor **** storm now if Bohn goes with Calhoun after meeting with the players and expressing their concern about hiring somebody with CU ties.

Back