What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor: Rick George taking Vandy AD job - ****OLD THREAD**** +++NO 2022 NEWS+++

Fair comment, but both my parents went to school at CU 90-94, I get to the games when gates open two hours early for front row, learned the fight song at 5 years old, and watched all of it. I understand people are disappointed in the season and wasn't calling any one person out but have been surprised to see so many people commenting across a variety of threads about giving up on the team just doesn't make sense to me.

I hope your parents don’t know my dad, @Uncle Ken . Otherwise we might be brothers.

‘91-‘96? That’s cool, are you a doctor?
With two in college at the same time - I wish!
Nope, in the Navy for 22 years since graduation, and got lucky to stick around for a few more years. 9/11 GI Bill saving our bacon with the twins in school.
Ended up on the 5 year program because I changed majors too many times. Worked out though since I got another football season out of it.

A FEW years ago ? Try 12 years going on 13 with 1 winning record in that span. ONE. People have a right to be frustrated and disillusioned.

View attachment 28153

It makes it that much worse when you remind me of who we lost to in the 2007 Independence bowl. The direction of each team since then is... well... I'm going back to bed, wake me when something happens.

Why would Rick George want to go to Vanderbilt? Its a perennial also ran that will never, never ever, compete in the SEC. we at least can compete in our conference, with the right coach.

If RG has talked to Vanderbilt, I doubt its to be their AD.

If the money is right everyone leaves.

Would be interesting if he left without ever making a major hire here

Maybe they are looking for someone with his background of operations, management, fund raising and facilities improvements.

Is Vandy an academic school?

Last edited:
Wanting to comment specifically on this tweet from Miami's post :

This sounds like an AD who has built an academic support structure independent of the football coach. Which is exactly the sort of thing in demand football coaches want.

RG is setting us up for success.

And he ain't going nowhere.

keep-calm-and-close-the-thread.jpg

Anonymous sources are the best...

Speaking of, a source close to a source who knows the situation says that Rick George specifically referenced allbuffs when telling Vandy he has unfinished business to take care of. #sourced

Anonymous sources are the best...

Speaking of, a source close to a source who knows the situation says that Rick George specifically referenced allbuffs when telling Vandy he has unfinished business to take care of. #sourced
I can confirm that sources close to me have confirmed that I would be both ecstatic and concerned if RG gave a lick about Allbuffs.

Rick and I took a piss next to each other at The Alamo Bowl. True story.

Let me guess, you have your pants from that day hanging in your closet, unwashed and wrapped in plastic in case you caught a little of his splash.

Back