What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sacramento State Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Boulder, Saturday, 11/30, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Go Buffs- beat the Hornets!!!

Sacramento State roster for Lookalike suggestions
- http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/roster?view=headshot

No cubuffs.com preview as I write this, but some things re Sac State from the Buffzone.com preview (https://www.buffzone.com/2019/11/29...cu-basketball-debut-against-sacramento-state/) :

"
In Sacramento State, the Buffs perhaps are facing a more formidable foe than expected when the schedule was set. The Hornets bring a 4-0 mark to CU and has posted wins against solid squads from UC Riverside and Pepperdine. And in 6-foot-8 forward Joshua Patton, the Buffs will be challenged to slow down a player that has shot 72 percent while averaging 18.5 points and 5.5 rebounds.

“They’re undefeated, and they went and beat Pepperdine at Pepperdine and scored 49 points in the second half after being down 11. And Pepperdine just gave Arizona all they could handle,” Boyle said. “This team is no slouch. They’re well-coached. This is probably the best team I think coach (Brian) Katz has had since he’s been there, and I coached against these guys at Northern (Colorado) in the Big Sky.

“They’ve got some good low-post players. (Patton) is averaging almost 19 a game and is a good player. We cannot be taking anyone lightly. We’ve got a lot of room for improvement and it’s time for us to start showing some progress on the offensive end, because I think our last three games I’ve not been pleased with what we’ve done.”

KEY PLAYERS: Sacramento State — C Joshua Patton, Sr., 18.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg; G/F Bryce Fowler, Jr., 10.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.5 apg; F Ethan Esposito, Jr., 10.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg. Colorado — F Tyler Bey, Jr., 14.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.6 apg; G/F D’Shawn Schwartz, Jr., 12.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, .500 3-point percentage; G McKinley Wright IV, Jr., 12.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 4.0 apg.

WHAT TO WATCH: The Buffs are playing defense at a marquee level but are trying to execute offensively at the same pace after shooting just .387 (65-for-168) over the past three games. Sacramento State boasts a defensive field goal percentage of .319 and has held its four opponents to a .190 mark on 3-pointers.
"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links -
Game Notes - Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain and National channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2019/11/30/sacramento-state-colorado .

Live Audio - https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=729166945698727450 , or on Radio. Normally, it would be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM, but I'd GUESS with the football game overlapping, it will be on another channel (maybe 760 AM?).

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

Last edited:
In addition to nearly beating AZ, Pepperdine also gave USC all they could handle. So Sac State is no gimme. We can’t play down to our opponent, like we tend to do sometimes.

That was my idea to generate some extra traffic for the hoops forum ahead of games. If people don't like it, we can separate it or not do it. It was an experiment.
I'd prefer them to be separated. Not a huge deal, but my thoughts are the same as expressed in the last game thread. I don't like making fun of the way people look and I sometimes get that vibe from the lookalike thread. I know it's all in good fun for most everyone, but I'd just like to avoid it if I can. Seems separate from the actual game anyway.

I'd prefer them to be separated. Not a huge deal, but my thoughts are the same as expressed in the last game thread. I don't like making fun of the way people look and I sometimes get that vibe from the lookalike thread. I know it's all in good fun for most everyone, but I'd just like to avoid it if I can. Seems separate from the actual game anyway.
I feel this way also. Making fun of people's appearance lost most of it's humor for me around 3rd grade (most, as I definitely made the observation that one of the Plumlee brothers looked just like The Avatar, back in their Duke days).

However,

I like that @Buffnik and @AztecBuff are trying different things to generate traffic. And I acknowledge that I can participate in these to talk hoops, get game info and not join in the look-a-like stuff.

Go CU!!!

It doesn't bother me to have them combined for basketball, since there are relatively fewer "lookalike" posts, and easier to skip past. It would be a nightmare for a football thread.

I don't like the pics either, but skim past. no problem.

this game should be a handful. We need EB out of foul trouble and DW to come to life. We need a strong inside.

masterpiece of scheduling.

I just checked the line: -17 Buffs. If the 1st article in this thread is to be believed, then I'd give the points and hope we win by 5 - 10

GO BUFFS! GO BUFFS!

I like the combined thread. There are bigger problems in the world than saying a guy looks like Ronnie from Jersey Shore. Heck I’d like to be compared to his physical appearance. If you’re afraid of being offended, I’d suggest eliminating all interaction with the outside world.

Tad's been coaching the Buffs for 10 years. This week is the first time I can recall him saying they need to work on offense. I expect a good game from the Buffs this evening.

I feel this way also. Making fun of people's appearance lost most of it's humor for me around 3rd grade (most, as I definitely made the observation that one of the Plumlee brothers looked just like The Avatar, back in their Duke days).

However,

I like that @Buffnik and @AztecBuff are trying different things to generate traffic. And I acknowledge that I can participate in these to talk hoops, get game info and not join in the look-a-like stuff.

Go CU!!!

The lookalike stuff is funny for me-but if you want to keep that out of the individual game threads......I'd be willing to start a combined thread for both the teams we're scheduled to play weekly come conference play.

6-2 Buffs early (~15 minutes left in the 1st), with both teams starting slow offensively (maybe logical since defense is both their "thing").

Wright with all 6 Buff points, one on a jumper and 2 on drives.

Buffs up 15-10 with Bey on the line with 7:12 left in the half. Buffs already with 7 turnovers, but the hornets are close behind with 5. Sac State tied it at 8 when the Buffs had all subs in, but the Buffs have eeked out the 5 point lead as the starters cycled back in.

It's 24-16 at the half. Turnovers (12) continue to be an issue, but the Buffs have held the hornets to 24% from the field while forcing 9 turnovers themselves.

Last edited:
Sloppy-ish game. Hopefully they're shaking off the travel and getting the shanks out of their system.

Who is the broadcast team for this one? Absolutely the worst I've ever heard. And I watch regular season D3 football games on ESPN+.

Back