What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

San Jose Mercury News Blog: CU will announce for Pac on Thursday

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Pac-10 expansion: On Thursday, it becomes the Pac-11
POSTED BY JON WILNER ON JUNE 9TH, 2010 AT 10:51 PM | CATEGORIZED AS COLORADO FOOTBALL, PAC-10 CONFERENCE, PAC-10 EXPANSION, PAC-10 FOOTBALL

Back from vacation and back in the game …

Just got off the phone with a source familiar with the negotiations between the Pac-10 and Big 12 schools, who said:

* Colorado “is likely to formally accept” an invitation to join the Pac-10 on Thursday.

Repeat: Colorado to the Pac-10 on Thursday.

At that moment, it will become the Pac-11.

* Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State are committed to joining the Pac-10 if Nebraska joins the Big Ten … and they might do it even if Nebraska doesn’t join the Big Ten.

“There are a lot of questions as to whether the Big 12 can stay together anyway, with all the dirty laundry that’s been aired,” the source said.

* If the Big 12 somehow stays intact, the Pac-10 will become the Pac-12, with Utah as the 12th member — that means two six-team divisions and a football championship game.

I repeat: The Pac-10 is expanding.

100%. Done. Deal.

Finally a west coast source with connections confirming this.

I sure hope the Pac-10 is willing to help us pay any exit-penalties for being the first domino to fall. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but would be nice to have assurances.

Out standing. I hope, and believe, UT will hold the line and keep the B12 despite all the chatter. C'mon Utah and CU ONLY to the Pac....

This is good news!! The only down side is we won't be getting $20 mil per possibly if it's only us and UTAH, but I still have a feeling that even if UT turns the PAC down some other Big 12 teams (KU, etc) will come with us and maybe its a 14 team league, because they want more teams and markets to drive this TV deal.

Ralphie Report

Just got off the phone with a source familiar with the negotiations between the Pac-10 and Big 12 schools, who said:

* Colorado "is likely to formally accept" an invitation to join the Pac-10 on Thursday.

Repeat: Colorado to the Pac-10 on Thursday.

At that moment, it will become the Pac-11.

Back