What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

I despise Pedo State

I still believe they should have gotten the death penalty.

The message needs to be perfectly clear (for schools like Baylor and others to see) that winning football games is not more important than innocent lives and that institutional protection of those who damage the lives of others will not be tolerated.

The thought that they might be in the CFP disgusts me.
I hope reporters ask them questions like "What does it feel like to shower every day in a place where young boys were raped?" With Bailor, "How does it feel working with an athletic department that covered up the rapes of young ladies? What does your mother say to you when you talk about this?" Sure their fans will hate it, but dammit, we need to take a stand where the NCAA is not. I can't believe any aggressive young journalists haven't taken this opportunity to place themselves in the center of it all and make a name for themselves.

Last edited:
This is just sad all the way around. I suspect that this is a cycle of abuse with the adopted son, he lied to defend Jerry, and now a victim has become a victimizer. Horrible, horrible chain of events in this case.

This is just sad all the way around. I suspect that this is a cycle of abuse with the adopted son, he lied to defend Jerry, and now a victim has become a victimizer. Horrible, horrible chain of events in this case.

And the cycle is not broken. Poor kids.

Isn't it true that many child molesters were themselves victims at one point? Would it surprise anyone if that were the case here?

Isn't it true that many child molesters were themselves victims at one point? Would it surprise anyone if that were the case here?
Unfortunately, that is often the case. It would not surprise me a bit to find out he was victimized as a child.

Unfortunately, that is often the case. It would not surprise me a bit to find out he was victimized as a child.

Unfortunately you are correct, Victims tend to become offenders much more often than non-victims. Don't know that we will ever know because I would be shocked if his lawyer doesn't try to use his dad's actions as at least a mitigating circumstance no matter what happened.

Creates a tough problem though. I have empathy for those who were victimized but somehow we have to break the cycle and letting them go because of their past isn't going to break the cycle.

Might again be another area where we have to improve our mental health system. Create mental health options for the victims and let them know that they can get the help they need before they offend and create more victims, and put themselves into the criminal justice system.

Justice?
"The former athletic director at Penn State University has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor child endangerment charge for his role in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation case, more than five years after the scandal broke."

It won't happen but these guys need to do some real time behind bars in a real prison.

Message needs to be sent that the ivory tower doesn't protect you from ignoring harm to others in the name of winning football games.

Doubt it weighs much on the PSU fans in denial on what their program was built on. But seriously, the molester was convicted on dozens of counts of sexual abuse and is essentially in prison for life. And two of the top administrators aware of the situation have plead guilty on the endangerment charges, because they know they would get the hammer with the felony charges. This place could not be more guilty and disgusting.

I like this accountability. This is a big step up to the usual scape-goating we see in these situations. Now can we start holding C-level executives accountable when private corporations break the law?

Back