What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

Why do I get a feeling that as ugly as this whole thing is there is a whole other layer just waiting to be uncovered.

It would be interesting to see who's sweating bullets with this whole deal. Some people are looking at the end of life as they know it, as it should be for them.

What with the president of the university, a senior vice president, and the athletic director, not to mention who else may be implicated at whatever level ...

... I think it's safe to say that Penn State athletics (not just football) will never be the same.

I take no pleasure in that ... what with everything that goes on in the SEC (largely unpunished), at places like USC and OU historically (not to mention SMU and the rest of the old SWC) ... PSU was always an icon to me of how things could be done right and still have some athletic success.

While these allegations (which seem now to be much more than mere allegations) ... as bad as all the transgressions of those other schools/programs may have appeared as to recruiting/improper benefits etc. etc. ... they pale in comparison to the utter depravity of Sandusky's actions and also of those who covered up for him ... including the venerated JoPa.

And that breaks my heart. :huh:

What with the president of the university, a senior vice president, and the athletic director, not to mention who else may be implicated at whatever level ...

... I think it's safe to say that Penn State athletics (not just football) will never be the same.

I take no pleasure in that ... what with everything that goes on in the SEC (largely unpunished), at places like USC and OU historically (not to mention SMU and the rest of the old SWC) ... PSU was always an icon to me of how things could be done right and still have some athletic success.

While these allegations (which seem now to be much more than mere allegations) ... as bad as all the transgressions of those other schools/programs may have appeared as to recruiting/improper benefits etc. etc. ... they pale in comparison to the utter depravity of Sandusky's actions and also of those who covered up for him ... including the venerated JoPa.

And that breaks my heart. :huh:

In addition to providing great entertainment for millions and providing a sense of community and identity to their schools intercollegiate athletics has helped a huge number of individuals to positively change their lives and the lives of their families. Even though this type of thing could have happened in a music department, a theater department (see University of Northern Colorado,) an engineering department or any other department in the school it strikes harder at athletics because of the public nature of athletics and the contact/access to children that comes with athletics.

In this case it isn't about athetics, it's about the failure of the admistration to keep a perspective on the role of athletics and in placing the athletic program and its financial and publicity value ahead of what is right and the lives of the kids who were the victims. Had they acted when they should have it would have been a localized event about Sandusky instead of now turning into a national event dealing with Sandusky but also the entire PSU athletic program and university as a whole.

Sadly their decisions led to additional children being victimized. It will also do unmeasurable damage to to the PSU athletic program, the university as a whole, and have a negative impact on college athletics as a whole.

It would be interesting to see who's sweating bullets with this whole deal. Some people are looking at the end of life as they know it, as it should be for them.

The one who should be sweating the most bullets is the one whose life is already ended.

Goodness. This whole thing makes me sick. I have a son near the age of the victims. I have young boys in my charge as a Little League coach. If I even thought for one second somebody was hurting one of those kids, I'd carve their liver out with a rusty spoon. If there is a hell, and I believe there is, it is hard not to wish that on a predator like sandusky who victimized youmg boys who, by and large, had no father around to stand up for them. I want to go hit something every time I think about this mess.....

Wait, so now Sandusky's defense is calling up other coaches to the stand that also shower with boys? Yikes.

Wait, so now Sandusky's defense is calling up other coaches to the stand that also shower with boys? Yikes.
Seriously? What coach would do that? What coach would admit it? What coach would take the stand to help out Jerry the Molester (allegedly) Sandusky by admitting they shower with boys? I played ball all the way through HS and never once did I see the coaches in the showers. Walk through the lockerroom, sure, but strip down and shower with us? No.

Seriously? What coach would do that? What coach would admit it? What coach would take the stand to help out Jerry the Molester (allegedly) Sandusky by admitting they shower with boys? I played ball all the way through HS and never once did I see the coaches in the showers. Walk through the lockerroom, sure, but strip down and shower with us? No.

Just read it on AP. Brandon Brooks is the coach.

Ugh - I remember once when I was in college I was in the rec center and one of my old High School teachers was in there - butt nekkid. It made me extremely uncomfortable. He wasn't doing anything wrong - just getting dressed after a shower. But I don't think I'll ever get that image out of my head.

sorry for the thread-jack, Lefty's comment just brought that right back - 25 years after the fact.

On cross: "so, you may have showered at the same time as other boys. But you never ****ed them in their asses or made them blow you, correct?" No further questions.
Don't forget to ask about the elaborate basement sex prison.

This is a good find.

What is scary to think about with Sandusky is to consider how much we are now hearing about you have to wonder how many victims we haven't and never will hear about.

This article also leads you to see the how extensive the culture of ignoring and covering up things that could bring bad publicity to PSU and public officials was in that entire area.

This is a good find.

What is scary to think about with Sandusky is to consider how much we are now hearing about you have to wonder how many victims we haven't and never will hear about.

This article also leads you to see the how extensive the culture of ignoring and covering up things that could bring bad publicity to PSU and public officials was in that entire area.

How many damaged humans are walking around b/c of the politics of PSU football?

My son got death threat emails during the scandal year(s) at CU, I'd be curious what kind of emails have been sent to PSU players.

How many damaged humans are walking around b/c of the politics of PSU football?

My son got death threat emails during the scandal year(s) at CU, I'd be curious what kind of emails have been sent to PSU players.

another very good point (you are on a roll today.) It has become more and more clear that one link that is very common among abusers is that they were abused themselves. The Echos of Sandusky will unfortunately probably resonate for decades as his victims, recognized or hidden play out the results of what he did to them.

You also have to wonder how badly this is going to unjustly stain the innocent players from PSU. I know that there were a bunch of very high quality young men at CU during the "scandal" that got painted with a completely unfair brush based on a bunch of sensationalistic media reports pushed by a bitc* assistant DA Mary Keenan who was willing to sacrifice the lives of a group of student athletes for her own political aspirations. May she rot . .

Ugh - I remember once when I was in college I was in the rec center and one of my old High School teachers was in there - butt nekkid. It made me extremely uncomfortable. He wasn't doing anything wrong - just getting dressed after a shower. But I don't think I'll ever get that image out of my head.

sorry for the thread-jack, Lefty's comment just brought that right back - 25 years after the fact.

lefty is here to help. :smile2:

With two other coaches on the penn st. staff admitting to showering with little boys, Mr. Paterno's cloak of deniability is stripped away even further....

With two other coaches on the penn st. staff admitting to showering with little boys, Mr. Paterno's cloak of deniability is stripped away even further....

What were the details? Showering with boys is creepy, but if it was a group of coaches and a team after practice, that's one thing. If it's one coach and one kid alone at night, that's another.

There is a guy in my neighborhood, who, no kidding, wears his PSU gear everywhere. I can only think of a handful of times I haven't seen him in PSU gear. And this includes last week. I desperately want to ask him wtf?, but I don't know him well enough. I just keep a close eye on him....

There is a guy in my neighborhood, who, no kidding, wears his PSU gear everywhere. I can only think of a handful of times I haven't seen him in PSU gear. And this includes last week. I desperately want to ask him wtf?, but I don't know him well enough. I just keep a close eye on him....

Maybe he's been ordered by a court to go door to door to announce his presence?

What were the details? Showering with boys is creepy, but if it was a group of coaches and a team after practice, that's one thing. If it's one coach and one kid alone at night, that's another.

I teach at the HS level and used to coach. Sorry but I cannot imagine any situation where I would find coaches and kids showering together. At the very least PSU had a culture that allowed for this kind of stuff to happen.

As adults we have a responsibility to protect kids from this kind of stuff. That means we don't allow situations where a kid could be harmed happen and we have a responsibility to look at things with a suspicious eye.

I don't image that JoePa was involved in the abuse but he was the one in charge of the program. It was his job to know what was happening and act in an appropriate way to stop it.

I teach at the HS level and used to coach. Sorry but I cannot imagine any situation where I would find coaches and kids showering together. At the very least PSU had a culture that allowed for this kind of stuff to happen.

As adults we have a responsibility to protect kids from this kind of stuff. That means we don't allow situations where a kid could be harmed happen and we have a responsibility to look at things with a suspicious eye.

I don't image that JoePa was involved in the abuse but he was the one in charge of the program. It was his job to know what was happening and act in an appropriate way to stop it.

imagine it.

imagine it.

This. It's more than likely not a fact, but if it were, as of right now, if I were a penn st. fan, I would be absolutely terrified of sandusky testifying, and bringing all the skeletons out of paterno's closet. It's not a huge stretch to imagine sandusky's mindset as being: "**** it. If I'm going down I'm taking every last mother****ing one of you ****ers with me."

Back