What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

This. It's more than likely not a fact, but if it were, as of right now, if I were a penn st. fan, I would be absolutely terrified of sandusky testifying, and bringing all the skeletons out of paterno's closet. It's not a huge stretch to imagine sandusky's mindset as being: "**** it. If I'm going down I'm taking every last mother****ing one of you ****ers with me."
Sandusky has an idiot for a lawyer. I wouldn't be surprised if he does testify.

Heck no. Reading the Cliff notes from the trial is stomach turning enough.:puke:

Agreed ... but I would like to see Jerry squirm and try to defend what he did ... or try to deny he did it altogether. That would be entertaining.

Bizarre cannot begin to describe what is going on.

Why did the authorities look the other way for so long?

Was it just PSU football or is there more to it?

The obvious is what you are being led to believe, I'm not doubting guilt in any way shape or form.

Isnt there a missing DA in this story some where?

Yeah. He's mentioned in TBD's link. Although I am not sure what the connection is between him and this stuff. It made it sound like he was investigating a drug ring and then disappeared.

Agreed ... but I would like to see Jerry squirm and try to defend what he did ... or try to deny he did it altogether. That would be entertaining.

I had a completely innapropriate comment to make here but thought better of it.

When this is all over Sandusky is going to have a very miserable rest of his life, as he should. It will be even more difficult because I think that he and his lawyer truly believe that he didn't do anything wrong.

I wonder if after the conviction the prosecutors turn the screws on him for information about the school administrators and others involved. He has to already be getting an idea that his prison time could get very ugly. If the prosecution mentions that they may be able to influence where he does his time he may consider giving them whatever they want. He is looking at the difference between being in general pop in a jail full of violent felons or going someplace with protective supervision and a sex offender program where he is likely to keep his teeth.

That choice should be pretty clear to him. On the other side what has he got to lose. He is going to be spending the rest of his life behind bars no matter what he does so there isn't a big cost to him to open up and talk. The only question is where he will spend the his time. The people he is going to be giving up arent the types to have a network of prisoners who can get revenge on him.

This. It's more than likely not a fact, but if it were, as of right now, if I were a penn st. fan, I would be absolutely terrified of sandusky testifying, and bringing all the skeletons out of paterno's closet. It's not a huge stretch to imagine sandusky's mindset as being: "**** it. If I'm going down I'm taking every last mother****ing one of you ****ers with me."

I would personally LOVE to see that.

I had a completely innapropriate comment to make here but thought better of it.

When this is all over Sandusky is going to have a very miserable rest of his life, as he should. It will be even more difficult because I think that he and his lawyer truly believe that he didn't do anything wrong.

I wonder if after the conviction the prosecutors turn the screws on him for information about the school administrators and others involved. He has to already be getting an idea that his prison time could get very ugly. If the prosecution mentions that they may be able to influence where he does his time he may consider giving them whatever they want. He is looking at the difference between being in general pop in a jail full of violent felons or going someplace with protective supervision and a sex offender program where he is likely to keep his teeth.

That choice should be pretty clear to him. On the other side what has he got to lose. He is going to be spending the rest of his life behind bars no matter what he does so there isn't a big cost to him to open up and talk. The only question is where he will spend the his time. The people he is going to be giving up arent the types to have a network of prisoners who can get revenge on him.

Sandusky's going to be convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison. You know it, I know it, his lawyer knows it, Sandusky may even know it. His options were to go to trial, stay at home on bail until the jury comes back and then go to prison or plead guilty and go directly to prison. He made the rational choice.

The Pennsylvania prison system isn't going to risk Sandusky getting murdered in prison. He'll be segregated from general population; it's likely he'll be in the equivalent of solitary confinement. Most prisoners would rather be in population than in solitary, even with the danger of violence. Sandusky would be at risk even in a minimum security prison and I'm sure the length of his sentence will preclude such a designation.

The DA has nothing to bargain with to get Sandusky to cooperate. I doubt the DA in State College is looking to take this case up the ladder, anyway. How many votes does he win by convicting coaches/administrators of the district's largest employer. I know there are charges pending against two administrators, but after those facts came out in the media, I think the DA was forced to move.

Sandusky's going to be convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison. You know it, I know it, his lawyer knows it, Sandusky may even know it. His options were to go to trial, stay at home on bail until the jury comes back and then go to prison or plead guilty and go directly to prison. He made the rational choice.

The Pennsylvania prison system isn't going to risk Sandusky getting murdered in prison. He'll be segregated from general population; it's likely he'll be in the equivalent of solitary confinement. Most prisoners would rather be in population than in solitary, even with the danger of violence. Sandusky would be at risk even in a minimum security prison and I'm sure the length of his sentence will preclude such a designation.

The DA has nothing to bargain with to get Sandusky to cooperate. I doubt the DA in State College is looking to take this case up the ladder, anyway. How many votes does he win by convicting coaches/administrators of the district's largest employer. I know there are charges pending against two administrators, but after those facts came out in the media, I think the DA was forced to move.

And this is why I sometimes ****ing hate lawyers and politicians. Who gives a **** about votes and popularity? That is the same enabling attitude that allowed this mess to get to this point! You want popularity? Get to the bottom of this cesspool and expose it all! . DO THE RIGHT ****ING THING!!! :bang:

And this is why I sometimes ****ing hate lawyers and politicians. Who gives a **** about votes and popularity? That is the same enabling attitude that allowed this mess to get to this point! You want popularity? Get to the bottom of this cesspool and expose it all! . DO THE RIGHT ****ING THING!!! :bang:
:sad1:

sometimes?

Sorry. Not trying to stereotype all lawyers with broad strokes. But reading something like that, and knowing that it is probably true is very sad.

Boy ... Sandusky's lawyer really is an idiot:

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky's defense attorney compared the former Penn State assistant coach's high-profile child sex-abuse trial to a soap opera on Tuesday, telling reporters to "stay tuned" to find out if Sandusky would take the stand in his own defense.

Asked what soap opera he'd compare the trial to, defense attorney Joe Amendola initially said "General Hospital," then "All My Children."

:wow:

And then there's this:

Anderson said he did not know Sandusky had been barred by university administrators from taking children onto campus after the 2001 incident was reported by McQueary, although that was disclosed in court documents and has been widely and repeatedly reported since Sandusky's arrest.

When lead prosecutor Joe McGettigan asked him if that fact would surprise him, Anderson said yes.

Helluva knowledgeable witness ya got there, Joe. :rolling_eyes:

My only fear is that Jerry will win an appeal based on inadequate counsel. :bang:

Last edited:
Found the car abondoned near a river with the laptop in it. He had done prior searches on a different computer on how to scramble a hard drive. Sounds like he wanted to disappear.

I wonder why? The people in Happy Valley are perfectly rational and would never dare go after someone who was threatening to take down JoePa and the football program, right?

The thought that has scared me the most through all of this is the potential that Sandusky was a procurer through his charity for high-placed boosters and politicians. I pray that's just me being a conspiracy nut.

The thought that has scared me the most through all of this is the potential that Sandusky was a procurer through his charity for high-placed boosters and politicians. I pray that's just me being a conspiracy nut.
You aren't a nut, for my money, that is why he was out there as long as he was. It happens more than you or I would be comfortable with....

You aren't a nut, for my money, that is why he was out there as long as he was. It happens more than you or I would be comfortable with....

+1

you'd think that might come out in testimony but who knows who else is lurking that hasn't come forward and what did the DA gone missing know?

Back