What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sarkisian: Did he really say this?

You don´t think it means to the conference? You think they did it because they were bored last summer and looking for something to do?

Gate, here´s why it means a lot to the conference.

Expansion to 12 teams = Championship Game = $$$$$$$$

Denver is the 18th biggest TV market in the country, SLC is the 33rd biggest and Colorado (someone correct me if I am wrong) is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Pac 10/12 TV contract is expiring and will have to be renegotiated, the current Pac 10 TV contract sucks. By adding CU and Utah the Pac 12 added 2.4m TV sets to its footprint (combined, roughly the size of the Boston or Bay Area TV markets), which should make the new Pac 12 TV rights a ****load more attractive than the old Pac 10 TV rights = $$$$$$$$$

By adding the SLC and Denver markets the Pac 12 now also has a presence in every TV market worth a **** West of Texas.

Well done Jens. Sadly I've given out too much rep in the last 24.

Sark's comment is kind of like the chubby bald guy explaining why he just bought the convertible Corvette...overcompensating. And by overcompensating I am not suggesting he has a small unit...you'd have to ask Shady Lane that question.

Good bulletin board material for next year's game! Make no mistake, if he really wasn't butt hurt over losing those guys he would not have said it. I'm loving it!!

Yep, you know the last minute defections got to him or he would not have made that comment. I love it!

No...it's good for CU...I don't think it means much for the conference...yet. I just think CU will have to prove themselves is all.

If it didn't mean much for the conference, the invitation would not have been extended. The P10/12 has been after CU since the mid 90s. Clearly they feel CU has something to offer.

Am I the only one here who thinks it is hilarious that the USC fan is warning us she is going to get testy?

Hey, Gate, this is a CU board. We don't give a **** if you're testy. :lol3:

I'm gonna sneak up behind the USC mascot--some body-shaver who's watched too many gladiator movies--and I'm gonna quietly and modestly dangle my ballsack on his shoulder. I fully expect the band to play "fight on" for the occassion.

There's only one team in our new conference I don't like. Just one. **** USC.

I'll bring the step ladder.

This thread is funny. The arguments with Gate aside, I am surprised people are all that worked up about Sarkisian's comments.

This thread is funny. The arguments with Gate aside, I am surprised people are all that worked up about Sarkisian's comments.

Oddly I thought the arguments with Gate were the only funny part about it.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

BTW, aren't you changing your username sometime soon?

Am I the only one here who thinks it is hilarious that the USC fan is warning us she is going to get testy?

Hey, Gate, this is a CU board. We don't give a **** if you're testy. :lol3:

You try being a fan of two competing football programs....it's not easy. With that, I'm done for today.

She is a troll who likes to slum around here pretending to be a fan.

Yeah right. I've been here on ABs since day one.....and a CU fan for 12 years.

Yesterday CU signed how many players? Families and friends become brand new fans. That doesn't mean they forget all the prior 18 years of being a fan of some other program.

A fan doesn't have to be a CU grad...

October 15, 2011, circle that date boys! It's gonna be a fun one in Seattle, they'll get to see how small these guppy buffs are with front row seats!

Back