What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sarks Comments about CU

bbads

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...016464635_sark_bites_---_colorado_editio.html

had his presser today. interesting stuff. really compares where washington was in 09 to us now.

some key points from the article. feel free to read the rest from the link above.

"In regards to Colorado, it's been pretty fascinating watching them. Got a chance to watch some TV copies of some of their games, and to me they are eerily similar to who we were a couple years ago. I think they have talent on their football team, I think they are well-coached, I think they play hard and they are trying to find a way to get over the hump and to win some of these tight ball games. You look at the Cal loss in overtime, you look at the loss to Washington State late in the game, and so...they are trying to find a way to win. But I will say I've been impressed with the way they play and the style in which they play. Coach(Jon) Embree's done a really nice job of instilling the type of team that he wants, and it's just a battle. But very similar to who we were two years ago and very impressed with the way they're approaching week-to-week and how they play."

bout speedy:
"He is an excellent football player and they are one of the best screen teams we have seen now in three years of preparing for opponents and part of that is his stature --- he can get caught in there and stuck in there behind offensive linemen and next thing you know they dip the ball out to him and he makes one cut and they are huge plays, and it happened again last week against Stanford. I think he had over a 70-yard completion on a screen, so his stature pays off for him mostly in the screen game because you can't, you don't see him very well and then boom, he's out, and they do a great job of coaching the screen game, so it will be a huge point of emphasis for us this week, without a doubt.

On if he is similar to Jacquizz Rodgers:"Oh yeah, their running style, their quickness. I think they are both quicker maybe than they are fast, their ability to get to top speed in a hurry and to make full-speed cuts, I would say that is a good comparison.''
On Colorado having gotten a lot of sacks: "They play aggressive defense. I think where it shows up the most is in third-and-long. They've got a lot of exotic pressures that there's a real NFL influence to their defense with what they do on third-down situations, but they are aggressive on first and second down as well --- a lot of five-man pressures. And they do a good job of getting after the quarterback. They rush with a purpose, that's for sure, when their guys are coming.''

Reactions: RK
I think they are kind of underrated. Polk is a first rounder, and price is a efficient qb. Jesse Callier is another play maker they have at RB and in the return game. my buddy is a big UW fan, says they throw lots of different looks at you. they can be two tight ends on one play, then on the next go 4 wide with both polk and callier in the back field. said its a lot to prepare for.

That being said. I think we can win this game. i dont believe there defense is a strength, but it starts with stopping polk.

Jesus christ Daaah. He's telling it like it is and like it or now, we are where UW was two years ago.

Did anyone expect him to come out and say CU sucks, and UW is really looking at this game as a bye week and a great opportunity to get young guys reps, and injured people healthy?

Because that is all CU is good for especially on road games.

Guy has been in the business for a long time.

He know how to speak in "Coach speak." Don't say anything to give your opponent a reason to hate you, mention a couple of things you want your own players to keep in mind if they happen to hear or see the interview.

Didn't say anything that everyone didn't already know but made it sound like he was letting them in on his thinking process.

He's giving us the Bill Belichick treatment. Say a bunch of nice things right before you run the score up on us.

**** that condescending ass hole.

Like it or not, we are now officially the doormat. Coaches are going to try to say nice things about how hard we play, great attitude, etc. It's a very sad state of affairs, but that is the reality.

I kinda like seein what other coaches say about us. gonna start reading bout the other coaches pressers prior to them playing us. I do agree we are like they were back in 09

So, he is saying we suck balls, but in a nice way. All we can ask for until we start ****ing people up. Or at least, not being pussies outside of Colorado.

Back