What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday 10/4 Game Thread

yea they took a whole 2 minutes

This week will be Ole Miss & Miss. State's yearly crash back to reality. Living here is pretty annoying for the first part of the season every year, before they realize neither of them is going to win the BCS.

Best lineup of games so far this year. God I love college football.
:nod:

Pretty bad accident on 36 at the bottom of the hill

Had to laugh at the refs almost tossing the wrong player because of A&M's ridiculous unis.

Had to laugh at the refs almost tossing the wrong player because of A&M's ridiculous unis.

People can bitch about Oregon's Nike uni's all day long, but what Adidas does on a weekly basis, in all sports, is just moronic. There's no rhyme or reason, it's like they set their uni designer program on random and trot out whatever it comes up with.

Ohio St. T-boning the Crash Test Dummies. 24-3 with 9 to go in the 2nd.

Why? I hate the aggies.

I live in Mississippi. CFB is all consuming, and when they think they're good, it's even more obnoxious. It's rare that I meet somebody that didn't go to State or Ole Miss. And it dominates so many conversations, business and otherwise. Telling people you went to or are from Colorado--you might as well tell them you're from Mars. So, it's purely personal.

People can bitch about Oregon's Nike uni's all day long, but what Adidas does on a weekly basis, in all sports, is just moronic. There's no rhyme or reason, it's like they set their uni designer program on random and trot out whatever it comes up with.

Don't forget Under Armour. Maryland tends to embarrass themselves weekly.

I live in Mississippi. CFB is all consuming, and when they think they're good, it's even more obnoxious. It's rare that I meet somebody that didn't go to State or Ole Miss. And it dominates so many conversations, business and otherwise. Telling people you went to or are from Colorado--you might as well tell them you're from Mars. So, it's purely personal.
Got it. I see where you're coming from. For me, I'm from Texas and one of my co-workers is an Aggie. He isn't obnoxious about it, but I hate it when we sit down and discuss our respective teams.

Aggie fan: "Our recruiting class is doing great. We are ranked #7 right now."
Me: "Um, we got a 4 star lineman from in state. Our class isn't ranked very well, we are at #81, but we are getting better. I don't buy into star ratings anyway."

:sad2:

Last edited:
Got it. I see where you're coming from. For me, I'm from Texas and one of my co-workers is an Aggie. He isn't obnoxious about it, but I hate it when we sit down and discuss our respective teams.

Aggie fan: "Our recruiting class is doing great. We are ranked #6 right now."
Me: "Um, we got a 4 star lineman from in state. Our class isn't ranked very well, but we are getting better."

Yeah, but in the end, he's an Aggie and you're a Buff.

On anotehr note, Taysom Hill's broken leg just killed the BYU Cougars season.
They were looking very, very good until now. Ranked 18 and climibing, now their backup QB
needs to learn how to play again....poor guy...threw 3 or 4 picks last night on a night when
he was obviously a bit shell shocked at being thrown to the dogs.

Sad to see great players go down and their teams subsequently fall apart.

A&M's defense looks like a tackling sled today. And every other Saturday.

On anotehr note, Taysom Hill's broken leg just killed the BYU Cougars season.
They were looking very, very good until now. Ranked 18 and climibing, now their backup QB
needs to learn how to play again....poor guy...threw 3 or 4 picks last night on a night when
he was obviously a bit shell shocked at being thrown to the dogs.

Sad to see great players go down and their teams subsequently fall apart.

Reminds me of Dennis Dixon's Heisman hopeful 2007. Things went very south for Oregon once he was done.

Yeah, but in the end, he's an Aggie and you're a Buff.
His brother got some kind of lifetime season ticket for 4 for something like $20,000 a few years ago. He never has to pay again and he has great seats. Apparently, the school has been trying to get him to give them up and he has told them, basically, :finger:

BYU was never that great. I don't understand the hype. Beating Houston and Virginia at home by a touchdown isn't exactly a strong implication of playoff. The weirdest part about BYU is the constant taunting after they make a play on defense. I'm not advocating the Pac12 route, but it's just odd that BYU of all schools does that incessantly.

Aggie fan: "Our recruiting class is doing great. We are ranked #7 right now."
Me: "Um, we got a 4 star lineman from in state. Our class isn't ranked very well, we are at #81, but we are getting better. I don't buy into star ratings anyway."

What bugs me about Ole Miss & Miss. State fans, is maybe they had some random trophies in the 60's, but they've never been good in modern football. So, why the fixation? As bad as Colorado's been, at least we've won some stuff in the last quarter century.

Goes back to what I heard at a seminar I went to, 80% of Mississippi residents were born in Mississippi. And I would add to that, they go back generations. It's an old, rural state, and their roots are deep. Other SEC schools probably have some of the same stuff, but I've never seen generational fandom like what goes on here, because like I said, they've been sh*tty at sports for a lot of their history, but they'll talk about it all day.

Marshall is a really good non-p5 team. Sucks they don't play a single power conference opponent. Should make for an intriguing bowl game though: undefeated Marshall vs a p5

Back