What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday 10/4 Game Thread

What bugs me about Ole Miss & Miss. State fans, is maybe they had some random trophies in the 60's, but they've never been good in modern football. So, why the fixation? As bad as Colorado's been, at least we've won some stuff in the last quarter century.

Goes back to what I heard at a seminar I went to, 80% of Mississippi residents were born in Mississippi. And I would add to that, they go back generations. It's an old, rural state, and their roots are deep. Other SEC schools probably have some of the same stuff, but I've never seen generational fandom like what goes on here, because like I said, they've been sh*tty at sports for a lot of their history, but they'll talk about it all day.

No pro teams. It's what they've got. I live in a state with no pro teams and the fans of a certain university become insufferable at times, but at the end of the day I'll take it over a state like Colorado's Bronco problem.

What bugs me about Ole Miss & Miss. State fans, is maybe they had some random trophies in the 60's, but they've never been good in modern football. So, why the fixation? As bad as Colorado's been, at least we've won some stuff in the last quarter century.

Goes back to what I heard at a seminar I went to, 80% of Mississippi residents were born in Mississippi. And I would add to that, they go back generations. It's an old, rural state, and their roots are deep. Other SEC schools probably have some of the same stuff, but I've never seen generational fandom like what goes on here, because like I said, they've been sh*tty at sports for a lot of their history, but they'll talk about it all day.

I'd rather have that than a disinterested population who'd rather stay home and watch the team from their home state than go support the team from their adopted home.

EDIT: not that I'd trade anything from Mississippi for Colorado.

No pro teams. It's what they've got. I live in a state with no pro teams and the fans of a certain university become insufferable at times, but at the end of the day I'll take it over a state like Colorado's Bronco problem.

I don't blame the Broncos entirely. I see more stickers from other schools than CU. Or CSU, for that matter. We live in a transient state.

I don't blame the Broncos entirely. I see more stickers from other schools than CU. Or CSU, for that matter. We live in a transient state.

It's a transient state AND an NFL state. Double whammy. Even with transients, there would be a massive CU following if you took even a portion of Broncos fans and made them Buff fans.

Look at it this way, your IQ is in the top 1% of the State of Mississippi. You are like Gulliver and the Lilliputians.

It's a transient state AND an NFL state. Double whammy. Even with transients, there would be a massive CU following if you took even a portion of Broncos fans and made them Buff fans.

And I've seen more shirts, hats, and vehicles supporting the Raiders in Denver than I have CU.

I'd be surprised if it was only 80% unless you're counting military stationed in MS.

Never understood why the Bronco fans love lining Bowlen and Manning's pockets with cash. The people raking in money from the Broncos, players included, couldn't give less a **** about Colorado and its people.

I just don't see it with Driskell, skilled positions aside. He's just not very good. Good athlete but idk about qb.

Don't agree with this line of whining. You root for your college team on Saturday, and your pro team on Sunday. Why is it an either/or thing?

Don't agree with this line of whining. You root for your college team on Saturday, and your pro team on Sunday. Why is it an either/or thing?

It's not my problem, nor do I make the rules. Colorado is a poor college athletics atmosphere. Deal with it.

Did ABC really think Ohio State/Maryland would be a good game?

WTF are we having to suffer through it?

Basic economics broham. Finite demand with multiple competing suppliers.

Wouldn't mind seeing MacIntyre throw some money at Brian Stewart (Maryland DC) this offseason.

It just is what it is.

Most people in CO don't care about the Buffs (or the Rams or Falcons either).

We can debate the reasons all day long, but at the end of the day, those are the facts.

It's 72 percent as of 2012.

And I remember looking that up, and Mississippi wasn't that different from other rural states. But from experience, I would say everyone is barely 1 person away from knowing someone else. It's amazing to watch in conversation--oh you're from vicksburg--my cousin's from vicksburg--oh I went to high school with your cousin then, etc. And the amount of people that are in power that were in the same frat at Ole Miss or Miss. State is kind of shocking. You've never seen a good ol' boy system at work like Mississippi has.

Anyways, bringing it back to CFB, Ole Miss and Miss. State are like the local high school teams for a state that really is a big small town. That's how they have fan dedication that defies logic.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind seeing MacIntyre throw some money at Brian Stewart (Maryland DC) this offseason.

Stewart: $417,560
Baer: $452,500

So we set the bar high with Baer, the issue would be do we have the $ to remove another coach and bring Stewart in for some co-DC/linebackers deal or do we buy out Baer from his remaining contract year to bring in Stewart?

Back