What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday games thread

UDub is impressing me so far. Really seem to be taking Boise out of their game.

Big stop by Wilcox and his defense.

TCU has some serious team speed.
That they do man and my brother told me their coach was a dick but he definitely knew his stuff. He's been to I think 3 of his clinics and called him a guru lol, I believe him tho, he wasn't kidding.

CFB has come full circle. Programs have been made with the spread offenses and some innovative offensive concepts.

But when you see Sark and Kiesau putting those concepts to work and running Boise State silly, I think the world has caught up and caught on.

Boise State's run is over imo. Chris Peterson is no longer smarter than everyone else.

CFB has come full circle. Programs have been made with the spread offenses and some innovative offensive concepts.

But when you see Sark and Kiesau putting those concepts to work and running Boise State silly, I think the world has caught up and caught on.

Boise State's run is over imo. Chris Peterson is no longer smarter than everyone else.

A little premature IMO. This is a Boise squad that lost an awful lot from last year, playing a Really experienced Husky team that may be taking the next step.

We have a friend on the Wyoming team, and I can't wait to get a download. I talked to the Mom right before she was leaving for Lincoln and she said that Wyoming was going to Lincoln to win, not just compete. Wyoming was worried about their own D, but they knew that Nebraska is not good, and would give up points.

Most enjoyable is that my Husker friends all think they are going to win the Big 10, well, as of this morning. Not sure now.

Put Pelini on my list of coaches who are on the hot seat soon, right next to Lane Kiffen.

Last edited:

Possible but I wouldn't count on it. Boise still has their talent pipeline and the weak schedule that allows them to develop that talent. That same schedule and their talent means that they only have to focus on a few games a year. The rest of the time they can put their efforts into preparing for the few good teams they do play.

Boise has lost a few games in prior years and have always bounced back. They even managed to sustain success when Hawkins was the coach.

When does Mark Richt get back on the hotseat? I think I saw he's 1-10 in his the last 11 meetings against top 15 teams.

I get your point. The "innovations" are now entrenched in the big boy programs. That's probably going to be the end of Boise State as a perennial Top 10 team. They're still good, though.

But with the growth in population resulting in so many more guys playing HS football along with the scholarship limit still at only 85, there's so much talent that slips past the first tier. For that reason, I think college football is starting to resemble college basketball. You have your elite programs that rarely lose and are better than people even think they are. But below those super-elites, good teams from smaller conferences or even the best of the FCS will knock off Big 5 conference programs pretty often.

We have a friend on the Wyoming team, and I can't wait to get a download. I talked to the Mom right before she was leaving for Lincoln and she said that Wyoming was going to Lincoln to win, not just compete. Wyoming was worried about their own D, but they knew that Nebraska is not good, and would give up points.

Put Pelini on my list of coaches who are on the hot seat soon, right next to Lane Kiffen.

Nebraska is the toughest job in Nebraska

Turning into a rout. Washington scores again and makes it look easy. Washington is going to be good this year, Boise is going to have to do a lot of work to recover in the rankings.

I get your point. The "innovations" are now entrenched in the big boy programs. That's probably going to be the end of Boise State as a perennial Top 10 team. They're still good, though.

But with the growth in population resulting in so many more guys playing HS football along with the scholarship limit still at only 85, there's so much talent that slips past the first tier. For that reason, I think college football is starting to resemble college basketball. You have your elite programs that rarely lose and are better than people even think they are. But below those super-elites, good teams from smaller conferences or even the best of the FCS will knock off Big 5 conference programs pretty often.

I disagree on two points.

1. Boise isn't still good. They are done.

2. There's a ton of great players slipping thru. Watching EWU beat Oregon State today proved it to me. THe EWU QB was shook up and left and the 2nd string guy came in and was damn good as well. I thought "when has CU had 1 QB that was better than those two guys"? Plus they had good skill athletes and a lot of them. They were very solid.

Husky Stadium looks pretty sweet.

I would never want Folsom to look the way that stadium looks, but I would be excited to see what it could look like with that infusion of cash.

Looking at their schedule, BSu is going to have a tough time overcoming this game and regaining their ranking. Tough, but certainly not impossible. The only reason I'm interested in their falling from grace is that we might get an edge with Ballage. Washington looks sharp.

When does Mark Richt get back on the hotseat? I think I saw he's 1-10 in his the last 11 meetings against top 15 teams.

He's probably just about back on it right now in the minds of most UGA fans. OOC losses are the worst type of loss when you're SEC. They play South Carolina next week at home, needs that. Georgia does have a very favorable SEC slate though: South Carolina and LSU at home. Don't face Alabama or Texas A&M.

For this year Boise might as well be done already for major bowl aspirations. Their remainding out of conference games are Tennessee Martin, Southern Miss, and at BYU, not exactly the kind of opponents that will give them major jumps in the rankings. Add to that their toughest conference game might be Fresno and that is on the road where they could lose as well.

Back