What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday Games

There was good news then bad news on that front - the likelihood of a Big 12 team in the playoff went way down today, but then neither Florida State nor Notre Dame were eliminated tonight. As a matter of fact, if ND wins out, they stamped their ticket to the playoff tonight.
My buddy who is a WVU fan told me that 4 teams in the Big 12 only have one conference loss. He said they will definitely have a team in the playoff. I asked how that is different than the Pac 12 or Big 10. Still haven't received an answer.

My buddy who is a WVU fan told me that 4 teams in the Big 12 only have one conference loss. He said they will definitely have a team in the playoff. I asked how that is different than the Pac 12 or Big 10. Still haven't received an answer.

The only difference is that the Pac-12 actually has some decent non-conference wins to its credit. Big 12 has nothing to point to other than some close losses to good teams.

Frankly, the SEC has the best wins in the non-con by a mile. From the ACC, Florida State also has a couple good ones (Okie Lite & Notre Dame). Pollsters really don't like the Pac-12, but the committee will look at it differently. For example, there's no way in hell the committee could justify ranking Michigan State ahead of Oregon.

Jimbo talking about what a great group of high-character guys they are, off the field and in the classroom. He didn't even blink! It was amazing!

Jimbo was basing his comments upon the relativity principle.

Anyone NOT caught masturbating with a plush toy in a local Wal*Mart aisle is respectable, no matter how many crab legs might have been stolen earlier in the year.

Finebaum has four SEC teams in his top five at the moment. He did so with a straight face, per usual (if a penis with ears has a face).

I don't know what Florida is waiting on, Muschamp should be gone now. Nik I pointed it out and I've said it before, some coaches are coordinators period, that's what I think he is.

Missouri scoring:

Opening kickoff return TD.

Driskel fumble, Mizzou takes over at UF 25, TD.

Mizzou actual drive, TD.

Mizzou interception, FG.

Mizzou punt return, TD

Mizzou scoop and score off fumble, TD

Mizzou pick 6, TD

Don't they just need to fire Muschamp on Monday?
Yes. And CU needs to hire him on Tuesday.

Does Mac have a connection with him? Not that it matters.

I hope RG gives him a million reasons to fake a connection. Per year. Get it done if you want CU to be relevant quickly. It's just money, and time for donors to play big boy ball. Baer out, CHamp in this week, and let the D finally get turned around (along with recruiting)

On the rivals MB every elite program's fan base is hoping muschamp is going to be their DC next season.

From phone

Does Mac have a connection with him? Not that it matters.

Don't matter much to me. May have crossed paths in the SEC or NFL. He's a much younger red ass than Baer and wouldn't be expected to be a big recruiter in our footprint aside from evaluating tape of guys we want to offer and maybe visiting linebackers we really want. He has name value as a coach and has many alumni on NFL rosters to tout. Would not be here more than 2-3 years but I say lock him up with that multi and let's see the SEC attitude he gives our defense.

Don't matter much to me. May have crossed paths in the SEC or NFL. He's a much younger red ass than Baer and wouldn't be expected to be a big recruiter in our footprint aside from evaluating tape of guys we want to offer and maybe visiting linebackers we really want. He has name value as a coach and has many alumni on NFL rosters to tout. Would not be here more than 2-3 years but I say lock him up with that multi and let's see the SEC attitude he gives our defense.
True and maybe a few Florida guys would come up. We could use some skill and speed. Troutman was from Naples.

Finebaum has four SEC teams in his top five at the moment. He did so with a straight face, per usual (if a penis with ears has a face).

The SEC worship is sickening. Auburn should have lost to KSU for f***'s sake. KSU pissed that game away with mistakes and missed FGs. Georgia @ #9? They lost to South Carolina who absolutely stinks this year. ESPN and the media have sold their souls to that fanbase.

Some of the Pac12 bias is Larry Scott's fault. No excuse for not being on DirectTV in year three. Marquee teams like Oregon playing late night games on Thursdays and Fridays. Pac12 needs their big games to start in the afternoon in the west to get TVs watching on the east coast. Like it or not, 50% of the media and pollsters are within 100 miles of the Atlantic Ocean, a 10:30 EST kickoff isn't going to garner much interest.

Like the Muschamp as DC discussion - he would raise the bar in schemes and recruiting without a doubt. Unfortunately, feels like the odds of him ending up in Boulder are about the same as the Buffs ending the season with 5 straight W's.

Pretty sure Muschamp is not a realistic target, unfortunately.

Possibly more realistic.. DeWayne Walker? Last I checked he was a DB coach for the Jaguars. I think he also had some off the field issues at NMSU, so that could be a problem. He was a great DC and an amazing recruiter, though.

Interesting call on Walker, WhiteRabbit... he is someone whose name was thrown around years ago as a potential big get. Totally forgot about him.

What was the off the field stuff again? Wasn't he charged with sexual harassment or something? If yes, probably not the best fit with CU's history.

Interesting call on Walker, WhiteRabbit... he is someone whose name was thrown around years ago as a potential big get. Totally forgot about him.

What was the off the field stuff again? Wasn't he charged with sexual harassment or something? If yes, probably not the best fit with CU's history.

I think he also basically quit on his college team to get an NFL assistant gig.

Pretty sure Muschamp is not a realistic target, unfortunately.

Possibly more realistic.. DeWayne Walker? Last I checked he was a DB coach for the Jaguars. I think he also had some off the field issues at NMSU, so that could be a problem. He was a great DC and an amazing recruiter, though.

We need to identify a young DC who is making things happen at a smaller school conference. Just like there have been creative offensive minds developing these fast-paced schemes there are creative defensive minds who are having success against them. No more retreads or NFL guys as our DC.

We need to identify a young DC who is making things happen at a smaller school conference. Just like there have been creative offensive minds developing these fast-paced schemes there are creative defensive minds who are having success against them. No more retreads or NFL guys as our DC.

Ron English, for example, is a guy I think is a really knowledgeable DC. The reasons it wouldn't work here may include a single word he let slip on tape that would get some backlash from CU and Boulder if he was being considered. Also don't know his personality and if that would fit with the MacIntyre staff.

Nik's suggestion of a young DC may be the way to go. Utah State's DC Todd Orlando was getting some talk for open jobs at bigger schools last season, including most famously Oregon after it was announced Aliotti would be retiring, and also Cal if I remember their boards' discussions correctly. That would be where I start the search.

I don't mind that plan, but that won't help much in recruiting. Walker at least gives you a serious LA presence.

Do you have anyone in mind in particular?

You think it needs to be someone with coordinator experience, or could we lure an assistant from an established team by promoting to coordinator? Not sure if he'd be the kind of guy we'd be looking for, but say somebody like Peter Sirmon from SC.

I doubt they fire Baer this year. Nienas for sure and maybe Jeffcoat. I think MM will give Baer another year to make some improvements with an experienced squad. If they still stink in 2015, he gone.

You think it needs to be someone with coordinator experience, or could we lure an assistant from an established team by promoting to coordinator? Not sure if he'd be the kind of guy we'd be looking for, but say somebody like Peter Sirmon from SC.

I don't think we are going to get an experienced coordinator to come here. One look at the talent and we get a big no thanks.

What I would look for is a younger guy who is a position coach but working for one of those HCs who is at heart a teacher. Some coaches seem to have a knack for identifying and developing young coaches. They coach the coaches who then coach the team. Before he burned out Mack Brown was on of those guys. Saban is one of those guys. They are willing to give a certain amount of control and responsibility to their assistants, and not just the coordinators, and provide them with the support and guidance to learn from that responsibility. When Bill McCartney was our coach he was one of those guys.

Back