What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say Hawk gets 4 or 5 wins this year

If we don't make a bowl game, would some new AC's satisfy you for another year?

• Wouldn't even need new AC's, give Hawks' crew another year!

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes, just one more year...

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • No, hes got to go

Votes: 69 77.5%

• Total voters
I think Hawk is back next year if we win 4-5 games. Sadly...I do want him gone, but I think he'll return next year with the understanding that marked improvement better show or he's done. Take it for what it's worth - on the plane back from Austin, someone behind me was telling other people that he heard from a reputable friend: "Bohn told him and other donors to save the money; the money's there to buy Hawk out. It just seems fiscally irresponsible to buy out his contract when there are so many other problems." To be clear, the guy behind me was giving his own opinion about fiscal responsibility.

I think Hawk returns next year, UNLESS we only win one more game this year or lose the last few games by in an embarrassing way. With that said, although I want Hawk gone, replacing assistants would placate me to an extent. Here's who I want gone:

Riddle, Collins, Bandison, Johnson, the old friend of Hawk's that coaches outside LB (just because I don't understand why Cabral isn't doing all of the LBs), Hagan (I know it's sort of blasphemy to let go of a legend, but his backs haven't been nearly as productive as they could have been), and Hawk the WR coach. Keep Ambrose (as an intern, because no way he's learning under Hawk how to coach WRs), Brown, Cabral, and Kiesau. I don't know if he'd like it, but I think Kiesau was promoted too early. He should have stayed as a position coach. Get coordinator help, and a new QB coach. Let Kiesau deal with the WRs.

Back