What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one Tumpkin DV allegation thread - fed judge dismisses lawsuit against CU

DexBuffsteen

Mitchell Byars at the DC just tweeted that Tumpkin was named in a domestic violence complaint. Uh oh.....

If true, I think we can absolutely chalk up this "delay" in hiring a DC to sorting this situation out and potentially having to find a 3rd coach to bring in

If there's any truth to this, I don's see how Tumpkin can remain on staff. He certainly can't be given a promotion.

We had a similar situation with Wristen on GB's staff, IIRC.

Very unfortunate. It does shed some light on the current situation, though.

Sigh. It's going to be a long off season, I think.

Wow. If the stuff mentioned in the article is legit, then he's gone, and if he's not, I'll be pissed. With each vacancy or potential vacancy, the chance of Bernardi remaining on staff seems to grow exponentially.

Well, Clark, Leavitt, and possibly Tumpkin gone, Jeffcoat would be the only defensive coach left. Why not throw a basket of cash at Diaco and/or DeRuyter and tell them they can build their own D staff?

Well hopefully it's nothing. If true, then he's out. The article reads in an awkward manner as things became bigger and bigger. So easy to just throw accusations out there.

200.gif

No way Joe stays with the Buffs....we don't need any negative PR while putting together a good recruiting class.

Waiting this out seems like it would severely limit our options for a replacement. Worst possible time.

Shouldn't coaches be held to a higher standard than players?
Absolutely. You can't teach discipline if you don't practice what you preach.
Let's just hope it turns out to be false. But if true, he needs to go. Can't have it.

His girlfriend's account is a little too detailed for me to believe it's hearsay.

What did MM and RG know and when?

I recall MM saying in Howell article this week that Tumokin was in contention.

The complaint alleges that Tumpkin was intoxicated the evening before the WSU game. Wouldn't any head coach NOT want an assistant coach intoxicated the evening before a big game?

Domestic violence and being intoxicated before any football game as a coach is unacceptable. I'm for RG & HCMM firing Tumpkin right away.

Back