What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say it ain't so, Sipili

I hardly see how Mike is done, not like he was telling Sipili to go rape this girl. Terrible move by Sipili though, he'll get his own in jail though.

I think he meant "Mike" as in "Michael Sipili". I suppose I could be wrong, though.

I think he meant "Mike" as in "Michael Sipili". I suppose I could be wrong, though.
Good point. If he meant Bohn though I don't see this as his fault as he shouldn't have to police a bunch of 22-23 year olds.

Disgusting. If true, and these things almost always are, he deserves a long prison sentence.

Who were the "others" supposedly in the room? I hope this isn't going where I'm afraid it will......

Yeah, it sounds like the friend is in line for some charges as well. It was consensual at first, it sounds, but his method of gagging (if true) and his assistance for Sipili should absolutely be categorized as sexual assault.

Yeah, it sounds like the friend is in line for some charges as well. It was consensual at first, it sounds, but his method of gagging (if true) and his assistance for Sipili should absolutely be categorized as sexual assault.

Absolutely it should be. If there is one sexual assault here, it sounds like there are two. And I'm afraid it could well turn out to be another player. IF this is true, and I always prefer to wait for the trial, it is completely repulsive... :sad1:

As a side note, who knew that gruenler and DJBattlebot are such great experts on life "on the inside"? Had I known they were such experienced hardasses, I might have gone easier on them. Winter is a scary time because so many folks keep their neck tats covered by sweaters or coats. Makes it hard to know who's who...

Absolutely it should be. If there is one sexual assault here, it sounds like there are two. And I'm afraid it could well turn out to be another player. IF this is true, and I always prefer to wait for the trial, it is completely repulsive... :sad1:

As a side note, who knew that gruenler and DJBattlebot are such great experts on life "on the inside"? Had I known they were such experienced hardasses, I might have gone easier on them. Winter is a scary time because so many folks keep their neck tats covered by sweaters or coats. Makes it hard to know who's who...

Sweaters don't cover the teardrop, Junc. Just sayin'...

FWIW: both guys can be charged w/ 1st degree sex assault. forced penetration into vagina, mouth or anus results in the same charge. penalty is up to life in prison.a person only gets out if the prison people certify he is "cured" of his sex problems. very few get paroled and, w/ the current shortage of money, treating convicted rapists is not a high budget priority.

If this is true, we are turning into the 7th Floor Crew minus the wins. Ex-scholarship athletes who are now part of the very general public who can no longer recognize them will find out very quickly that the above the law mentality doesn't work anymore. Hopefully he can rehab and live a productive life after football. Sh*tty story to read about today.

Any popular school athelete is going to be a target. But at this point, I'm guessing somehow alcohol was also involved. Not good.

This whole story makes me sad. I feel for the victim, I feel for our school, I feel for our football team....I don't feel for the suspect, if in fact this all proves to be true.

I know a lot of people's knee jerk reaction to a story like this is to feel that the victim is lying. I have seen some evidence in this thread. Up until the "scandal", my knee jerk reaction was to believe the victim. My reactions have changed since the "scandal", but I still lean toward believing the victim.

First - he was charged after a month investigation. Based on the story, it appears she went to the doctor to get a rape kit. Does anyone know what a rape kit entails? It means a sex assault victim goes to the hospital to be violated yet again. She has to put her feet in the stirrups so that a doctor can get any evidence of rape. That is yet another humiliation on top of the humiliation that is rape.

Second - she has to press charges. Pressing charges, while not being named in the press, puts her in a position where every single action of hers is studied, interrogated, and dissected. And that is even before cross-examination.

Third - this is all before she even gets a chance to heal. Sexual assault is a violent crime. It takes a very long time for a person to feel safe after a violent crime. Putting it all out there before a woman gets a chance to even begin healing is a risk.

I have never gone through something like this. I don't know anyone personally who has. I know women who have been raped and never said a word. I have watched rape victims on the stand confront their rapists.

The entire thing is ugly. When someone names the attacker, gets medical attention (and thus forensic evidence) and moves on into the legal system, I lean toward believing the victim.

I am all for fair trials, and I believe Sipili can get one in Boulder if he chooses to go to trial.

The press in the scandal was horrific. But we have to remember that NO CHARGES were ever brought. After investigation, there was not enough probable cause to charge anyone with sexual assault. The DA will bring everything to the table in this one assuming they have the evidence. And they should. That is the job of the district attorney.

Just my two cents.

Who were the "others" supposedly in the room? I hope this isn't going where I'm afraid it will......

Yeah, it sounds like the friend is in line for some charges as well. ...

Crap. I just saw this.

The Camera is not naming the friend, a sophomore football player, because authorities have not named him as a suspect...

... Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said he couldn't discuss why charges weren't filed against the other player.

"We look very closely at the facts and the evidence," he said. "We investigate every case very carefully to see what charges are appropriate."

If it's true, it's horrible. If it's not true, it's horrible. Nobody wins.

This whole story makes me sad. I feel for the victim, I feel for our school, I feel for our football team....I don't feel for the suspect, if in fact this all proves to be true.

I know a lot of people's knee jerk reaction to a story like this is to feel that the victim is lying. I have seen some evidence in this thread. Up until the "scandal", my knee jerk reaction was to believe the victim. My reactions have changed since the "scandal", but I still lean toward believing the victim.

First - he was charged after a month investigation. Based on the story, it appears she went to the doctor to get a rape kit. Does anyone know what a rape kit entails? It means a sex assault victim goes to the hospital to be violated yet again. She has to put her feet in the stirrups so that a doctor can get any evidence of rape. That is yet another humiliation on top of the humiliation that is rape.

Second - she has to press charges. Pressing charges, while not being named in the press, puts her in a position where every single action of hers is studied, interrogated, and dissected. And that is even before cross-examination.

Third - this is all before she even gets a chance to heal. Sexual assault is a violent crime. It takes a very long time for a person to feel safe after a violent crime. Putting it all out there before a woman gets a chance to even begin healing is a risk.

I have never gone through something like this. I don't know anyone personally who has. I know women who have been raped and never said a word. I have watched rape victims on the stand confront their rapists.

The entire thing is ugly. When someone names the attacker, gets medical attention (and thus forensic evidence) and moves on into the legal system, I lean toward believing the victim.

I am all for fair trials, and I believe Sipili can get one in Boulder if he chooses to go to trial.

The press in the scandal was horrific. But we have to remember that NO CHARGES were ever brought. After investigation, there was not enough probable cause to charge anyone with sexual assault. The DA will bring everything to the table in this one assuming they have the evidence. And they should. That is the job of the district attorney.

Just my two cents.

Excellent post. I've known three women who've been sexually assaulted in college, and none of them had the courage at the time to file charges. It's incredibly humiliating for the reasons listed above, and especially difficult when the assailant is a (presumably) popular student athlete. Adjudication of offenders is difficult because of what's required by a DA to thoroughly investigate the crime and present evidence (including testimony) in court. Even more so when alcohol was involved by victim and assailant. Sex assault cases rarely go to trial because of these factors, and are plead down to lesser charges. As a result that category of offense has a shockingly short incarceration length. The good news is that, when convicted, the community supervision standards (probation/parole) are extremely strict. So even if he doesn't serve a long sentence, he's going to have a rough existence post-incarceration. Restricted from contact with children, alcohol and drug testing, offender therapy, plethesmographs, and a host of other invasive correctional interventions. Straight time in prison might be more preferable to some of these guys.

FWIW I was a probation officer for five years and supervised sex offenders. My personal credo was that I couldn't wait to find some reason to have their probation revoked in order to have them sent to a locked facility. Not a lick of pity for those ****ers.

This is about the worst thing that could happened to us right now.

A big part of the reason nobody believed Katie Hnida was because she wouldn't identify her attacker. She cast a shadow over the entire team and as a result couldn't be taken seriously. That's not the case here. The attacker has been identified. It's much harder, impossible in my opinion, to dismiss the accusation. This isn't some kid working the media for attention. This is a bad situation.

A)Rapists arent held with poor regard in prison

B)This guy is hard as nails, no one in prison is going to touch him

Clearly you have never met anyone that has done time. Mike's new name will be 2 Packs. Not because of his resemblence to the late Rapper but due to his trade value on the 2nd tier..2 packs of cigs.

I worked graveyard at a 24hr restaurant with a dude straight outta the Can when I was in College. Got 2 bits of useful info from him. One, how to disassemble a Bic Lighter, heat the filament and flashburn someone(as is done to the newbies). Two, and this one caused an uncomfortable silence for a bit, EVERYONE gets IT at least once, no matter how many they have to bring.

Clearly you have never met anyone that has done time. Mike's new name will be 2 Packs. Not because of his resemblence to the late Rapper but due to his trade value on the 2nd tier..2 packs of cigs.

I worked graveyard at a 24hr restaurant with a dude straight outta the Can when I was in College. Got 2 bits of useful info from him. One, how to disassemble a Bic Lighter, heat the filament and flashburn someone(as is done to the newbies). Two, and this one caused an uncomfortable silence for a bit, EVERYONE gets IT at least once, no matter how many they have to bring.

Did you work with TG?

Proof that CU football has fallen off the map: this story didn't even make espn.com.

And that is the only good thing about this. Another good thing is that this wasn't something the PROGRAM did, it was something an EX PLAYER did.

Back