What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SBNation Previews The Buffs

:nod:

Here's the concern here, though. College offenses do their best work attacking the edges (pros focus on the middle of the field). While this defensive strength can help make opponents one dimensional by taking something away, it's not taking away the bread & butter. OLBs and DEs need to step up. CBs need to improve in run support. DTs need to move the LOS backward to bow out the outside runs to allow pursuit to get there more easily. If those things don't happen, our strength up the middle is something that can be fairly easily overcome.

Agreed. Above all else, we need some guys to step up as legit pass rushers. Whether that be some returning guys like Gilbert or newcomers like Hasselbach, someone has to get to the QB or else our talented secondary won't stand a chance.

Not really sure what the key is on offense. Obviously we have to replace PRich, but beyond that everyone just needs to get better. OL can't suck so much (I don't buy that they were actually efficient according to the #s). Someone has to step up as a threat at TE. And hopefully Adkins can stay healthy as he's by far our best back IMO.

Agreed. Above all else, we need some guys to step up as legit pass rushers. Whether that be some returning guys like Gilbert or newcomers like Hasselbach, someone has to get to the QB or else our talented secondary won't stand a chance.

Not really sure what the key is on offense. Obviously we have to replace PRich, but beyond that everyone just needs to get better. OL can't suck so much (I don't buy that they were actually efficient according to the #s). Someone has to step up as a threat at TE. And hopefully Adkins can stay healthy as he's by far our best back IMO.
Hell yes, having a double digit sack man or just somebody that wreaks havoc would be a good thing. I hope Fehoko will be like that wherever he plays. Too bad we won't have him this season.

Hell yes, having a double digit sack man or just somebody that wreaks havoc would be a good thing. I hope Fehoko will be like that wherever he plays. Too bad we won't have him this season.

If you had to choose, would you take a double digit sackman over 12 inches of Snow?

Yep and I'd settle for 12 inches of rain. Remove the sexual overtones there though :lol:. Besides, how do you know Snow has 12 inches?

Last edited:
Informer, ya something something something, ill lick your boom boom down. I wouldn't but yeah heard that one.

Reactions: aik
I can't argue against a single point that he made.

This season is going to be one that will be incredible frustrating for the fans. CU could be dramatically better in all areas and we could still finish 4-8.

If they are even "substantially" better in all areas, I can handle the results. Hopefully CU will be a more difficult team for others to play and trigger some doubt in the minds of our competition. Confidence is just such a big deal in college athletics and we have not had that luxury per FB in recent memory. My wants are modest.

My hopes are building. :thumbsup:

I like the one where what's his butt hisses and the chick trying to bang him is making bird sounds. Not sure what this has to do with a pass rusher but like I should be surprised.

I like our speed at LB heading into the season. Think we have guys who can play in space well. Depth is scary though.

Need our corners to get more INTs. Got better last season, but a big jump in 2014 would hide a lot of deficiencies.

I think our corners are more than cabable of getting the Ints, criticall issue will be pressure up front to force the opportunities for turnovers.

Thanks to SB Nation for a well written article and fair assessment of our challenges. Not often seen these days on any topic, let alone football.

Reasonable preview. I hope his take on the OL is close to reality.

And I'll take a six pack of whatever the hell Luke is drinking!:lol:

When was the last time we seriously caught a few breaks mid-game? Maybe WSU 2 years ago and OU in the Hawkins era? Outside of that, I can't name many. And no, I don't count Noah's Ark level floods cancelling last year's FSU game - I'm talking on the field.

We are overdue for some breaks that could lead a 4-8 type team to a 6-6 record, which would in turn help some end of season recruiting to break our way and the whole college football circle of life to improve.

Here's hoping!

Last edited:
We probably did catch a few breaks in plenty of games we were just so ****ing far behind you didn't notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back