What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Schadenfreude or Horror story? Texas dreams of the Pac

What does UT's implosion have to do with their conference? They haven't even started conference play yet and I thought the Big12 signed a fairly lucrative tv deal. Not sure why changing conferences would fix anything.

Of course, I don't have time to read the article right now either so maybe they answer that question.

I honestly think the folks at Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and USC agree with us. Larry Scott will have some big time convincing to do to get something like that done.

I'd pay good money to see Larry Scott try to convince the presidents of those schools that Baylor and Kansas State would fit right in the PAC. They'd look at him like he had four heads.

I honestly think the folks at Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and USC agree with us. Larry Scott will have some big time convincing to do to get something like that done. There isn't much appetite for additional expansion.

Let Texas twist in the wind. All this talk about us "needing" them is baloney. We need them like we need a hole in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Those schools are our only hope with Texas. They have the clout to raise the :bs: flag when it comes to what Texas will demand once they are in the conference. Texas will play nice to get in, make no mistake about that but once that fat nose of Bevo is under the tent all bets are off.

Texas will wheel and deal with the power programs like USC, UCLA, Washington and Stanford to get what they want and they will be able to do so being in the east side of the Conference so those other schools will just not care. Colorado will get stuck in some crap assed east division playing crap teams in crap locations and it will be not what we wanted.

Stop this friggin idea now. Texas in the Pac-12 will not end well. Start the emails now to Larry Scott and the PTB in the Pac-12.

Last edited:
I can tell you this, the word in Dallas is that all the big time annual check writers are withholding this years donations unless Coach February is dismissed. There are also some talking Deloss has overstayed his welcome as well. There were rumors that a UT contingent met with Nick Saban in College Station and they are willing to offer him 10 million a season, private plane, and who knows what else. Facts are facts and the Longhorn's greed has destroyed 2 conferences, let them rot as an independent. My wife is a proud UT alum and I would never say this to her face, but I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on UT if they were on fire. Unfortunately Nik is right if they reached out to broker a deal it will be the PAC-16, write it down.

Last edited:
I can tell you this, the word in Dallas is that all the big time annual check writers are withholding this years donations unless Coach February is dismissed. There are also some talking Deloss has overstayed his welcome as well. There were rumors that a UT contingent met with Nick Saban in College Station and they are willing to offer him 10 million a season, private plane, and who knows what else. Facts are facts and the Longhorn's greed has destroyed 2 conferences, let them rot as an independent. My wife is a proud UT alum and I would never say this to her face, but I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on UT if they were on fire. Unfortunately Nik is right if they reached out to broker a deal it will be the PAC-16, write it down.
If the big cigars be angry, change is a coming....but Bama will mortgage every couch on the front porch to keep Saban. I am not sure that will happen.

No it isn't. UT has signed a grant of rights for the next 10-12 years for all TV revenue to belong to the Big 12 (so has OU, TT and OSU). A Pac 16 means only 4 of 10 Big 12 teams are coming, and no chance in hell will the other 6 teams let those 4 leave, release them from the grant of rights, and face BCS conference extinction. That conference, along with the ACC have effectively sealed their conferences together for the time being.

Edit: Oh, and they still have the LHN which ESPN owns. No Pac with the LHN.

Last edited:
Really think mac Brown is gone at the end of the year, maybe after ou game. Art Briles will be at ut next... book it !

No way Saban goes to Texas. He has a low threshold for bull****. I can't imagine him willingly putting in all the time at the luncheons, interviews, and functions that Brown does. He's got a good thing going as king of his own empire at Alabama.

Briles is texas through and through. Grew up and coached in the texas high school system, well liked in the region.

It isn't going to be Briles. There is some serious animosity between Briles and Texas. My money is on someone out of conference.

if they can't get saban, i wouldn't be surprised to see them try to get a really big name nfl coach.

shanahan (who is on the hotseat in washington) springs to mind.

couldn't we just wall off all of texas and let all those assholes just play each other. texasss, it's a whole 'nuther country!

Briles would be perfect for UT.

**** Baylor.
I think that is where ut goes next. Almost scary for the rest of the conference. ut talent pool and Briles coaching them + his eye for talent. He has tons of connections at the high school ranks in texas.

@JR, why UT no like Briles? Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Here's what my UT friend said:

Back in 2008 the Big 12 ended in a 3 way tie between UT, OU, and TT (UT beat OU, OU beat TT, TT beat Texas). The tie breaker rules state that highest BCS ranking got to go to the Big 12 championship game. Well Briles voted UT dead last in the coaches poll which dropped them below the dirt burglars and OU got to go even though UT was higher in the other polls. OU went on to the national championship game and got beat by Florida.

I think that Briles hates Mack Brown and it's not an anti-UT thing on his part.

I don't know you well, so is it inappropriate if I make a joke about peeing on your wife, whether she's on fire or not? No disrespect...I'm just trying to establish some ground rules. Thanks in advance.

No way Saban goes to Texas. He has a low threshold for bull****. I can't imagine him willingly putting in all the time at the luncheons, interviews, and functions that Brown does. He's got a good thing going as king of his own empire at Alabama.

Agree 100%, Saban would not be a good fit in Austin.

But I can sure see him leveraging the interest from the wHorin' supporters into a new and much larger contract at Bama'.

He could play very interested until Bama' shows him the love at which point the UT supporters get jilted and whoever they end up spends the next few years compared to Saban.

Agree 100%, Saban would not be a good fit in Austin.

But I can sure see him leveraging the interest from the wHorin' supporters into a new and much larger contract at Bama'.

He could play very interested until Bama' shows him the love at which point the UT supporters get jilted and whoever they end up spends the next few years compared to Saban.

Is Saban smart enough to leverage a potential UT offer into more money, control, a bigger pitchfork or whatever he wants from Alabama? Yes.

If this actually happened, it would probably be all of the Big 12 to the Pac 20 save Iowa St and WVU - and that would give them the 8 votes they need to blow up the grant of rights. I would bet the original Pac 10 schools would be all for an East division of the new comers and a West division of the original schools.

Do not want, but I also don't believe the scenario presented is completely implausible, either. Bleh.

Not a chance in hell. The PAC 8 schools would never vote to admit schools that far culturally and academically outside of the footprint.

Tejas shat the bed when they blew up the last deal they were offered. I really don't think the Pac 12 schools want anything at all to do with them. If it's an extra $10MM/Year, they'll gladly do without it just to be free of the UT stink. Particularly the folks at Stanford, USC and Oregon, to whom money is something that falls from the sky.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - there's no good reason for the Pac 12 to expand. Texas doesn't add that much, certainly not enough when you consider all the baggage that comes with them.

Briles would be perfect for UT.

**** Baylor.
I've thought that for quite some time. I think he wants either the A&M or UT job, don't think Sumlin is going anywhere. You aren't gonna find many, if any, more connected down there. Plus they wouldn't have any identity problems on O, which they do. He's been running the spread since Stephenville, he's added to it but he knows it well.

Not a chance in hell. The PAC 8 schools would never vote to admit schools that far culturally and academically outside of the footprint.

:nod:

Plus, the original Pac-8 schools would never risk a Pac where the "noobs" could out-vote them. Pac-16 is as high as they'd go and the money would have to be obscene.

No. No. No. No. NO!!!!!!

G---d, ****ing son of a mother ****ing dick eating ass banging, **** eating, jizz drinking, ball gagging, tea bagging, ****ing ****s of all dumb ****s on earth!!!!!! No ****ing Texas!!!!!!

:cry::shot::tini::bawling::argh::pissed3::keule::angry3::angry2:

:sorry:

:yeahthat: :stupid: **** that ****. **** Texass. **** the Big Whatever. **** Bevo. **** OU. **** Stoops. **** Boone Pickens and his band of cheaters. **** Bailer. We left so we wouldn't have to deal with their bull**** anymore. Do NOT want their bull**** following us.

I have a hard time envisioning Texas joining a conference where they are merely competitive athletically and an also-ran academically.

Back