What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scheduling a 16 team conference

Bone Buff

Club Member
Club Member
Personally, I don't want to be stuck playing the same 7 teams every year, I'd like some variety.

I would like to see 4-4 team divisions that would always play together. (for example, all the california schools would be in one group)

Each year, each division (i'll name them A, B, C and D for now) would change which division they're paired with. In other words, one year one division would be groups A and B, C and D are the other divisions, but the next year (or every two years, if you want to do a home and home then rotate) one division would be AC and BD. Top team in each division plays the title game.

Thoughts? I figure, this way, we get to play all the teams at some point outside of a conference championship game, but the existing rivalries remain yearly.

It is basically the pod system, and it was done by the WAC in the last 2 years before the MWC defections. It makes sense, but I'm not sure I like having to be in a pod with U of A, ASU, and Tex Tech. HArd to get too fired up about playing those three every year.

Back