What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

That's still the old scoreboard that's up in the photo, right? It looks the same.

Repped as well. I have to say I am amazed that the deconstruction is taking as long as it is. I would have thought they would have anchored the top of the scoreboard to the crane and chopped it off like the guy with the chainsaw in Die Hard. Is there a goodwill of scoreboards? Are they keeping this as intact as possible to throw it up on Craigslist?

http://omaha.craigslist.org/spo/2990383520.html - If that thing is going for $500, imagine what we could get for a video board with just a few black sections????

I don't care how much we could get, I am absolutely against any kind of segregated seating....

[Redacted]?

fify...

BTW if anyone hasn't been to campus in a few years things have really been built up. Their is a new art building (I think) the C4C. They are completly remodeling regent, and there is the new huge building going up by the East campus. Lots of money is being spent on non-athletics.
That is the new Biotechnology building that was just built on the East Campus. They are going to build and identical building next to it which will house the new Molecular Biology building. This should start in the next few years.

Also, you guys forgot to mention Anschutz Medical. Although not on campus and technically CU-Denver, it may be the biggest that was recently completed and it's still expanding.
The new University of Colorado Inpatient hospital tower and Critical Care wing is $400 million.

That is the new Biotechnology building that was just built on the East Campus. They are going to build and identical building next to it which will house the new Molecular Biology building. This should start in the next few years.

Are you sure about that? I work in MCDB and I've heard nothing about that. They are going to build a new Geosciences building out there sometime soon but there's no new building coming for MCDB on its own any time soon. There are MCDB faculty in the new building though.

Are you sure about that? I work in MCDB and I've heard nothing about that. They are going to build a new Geosciences building out there sometime soon but there's no new building coming for MCDB on its own any time soon. There are MCDB faculty in the new building though.
Maybe I got things mixed up. They are definitely building another one just west of the new building pretty soon.

This is bull****, golden has all this time for science but cant take a picture

Apologies for the late update. I had a meeting today and a lot of work to do. At any rate though, there's not a whole lot of change to report at the moment. The last two signs (both Pepsi ads) have been removed and although it might not be easily visible, they are removing things inside the framework for the previous board. We might be able to expect big things soon though. Among other things, Ringo said in his chat today that the new boards were scheduled to go in on or about the 20th.

I have a second picture too and while it's not the scoreboard itself, the other photo shows a large roll of cable two guys were messing with earlier. It might be something football camp related but I'm more inclined to think they're running some new cable for the coming install. They have to connect it up to BuffVision somehow...

day4.jpg

day4-2.jpg

One last note: Updates will be coming a bit later from here on out. As someone suggested (I can't remember who but they were right), I will be doing all photography after noon. Not shooting into the sun makes a big difference, even when you're not shooting through a window. If I see something interesting happening though, I'll take a picture no matter where the sun is.

I have managed to swing by and take a picture of the all new state of the art scoreboard.. :thumbsup:

That may be the worst fark in the history of AllBuffs.

Congrats, gn, as the bar was set very high for this. :lol:

Apologies for the late update. I had a meeting today and a lot of work to do. At any rate though, there's not a whole lot of change to report at the moment. The last two signs (both Pepsi ads) have been removed and although it might not be easily visible, they are removing things inside the framework for the previous board. We might be able to expect big things soon though. Among other things, Ringo said in his chat today that the new boards were scheduled to go in on or about the 20th.

I have a second picture too and while it's not the scoreboard itself, the other photo shows a large roll of cable two guys were messing with earlier. It might be something football camp related but I'm more inclined to think they're running some new cable for the coming install. They have to connect it up to BuffVision somehow...

View attachment 9462

View attachment 9463

One last note: Updates will be coming a bit later from here on out. As someone suggested (I can't remember who but they were right), I will be doing all photography after noon. Not shooting into the sun makes a big difference, even when you're not shooting through a window. If I see something interesting happening though, I'll take a picture no matter where the sun is.

Feel free to send rep for my allsome photo tips! The value really comes through on the shot of the spool! Good work GB - update rep sent.

Thanks for the rep. I'm just worried the new scoreboard might not get good reception for highlights from around the conference without a ****load of aluminum foil.

Saw on Rivals last week that the scoreboards will be roughy the same size as LSU's are, fine by me.

Back