What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

Anyone know if updating the audio is also going to be included with the new scoreboards updates? Assuming to have a good new picture, you probably want quality sound with it?

Damn excited for the new visuals.....but as bad as the old ones were (with the green lines in the middle of the screen & shorting out), the audio system in Folsom is about 10 times worse

Anyone know if updating the audio is also going to be included with the new scoreboards updates? Assuming to have a good new picture, you probably want quality sound with it?

Damn excited for the new visuals.....but as bad as the old ones were (with the green lines in the middle of the screen & shorting out), the audio system in Folsom is about 10 times worse

I'm pretty sure the Geek Squad talked Bohn into the entire home theatre package including sound.

I don't think audio is part of this project. I lifted this from the project description in the bid paperwork:

Remove & dispose of existing video boards and static ad boards at north and south end zones of STAD. New HD video boards and HD ribbon boards will maintain same size as existing, so no new structural support work expected. Install new north & south score boards and static ad boards at STAD with new HD video boards and HD ribbon boards, respectively. Replace existing SE field level score board and advertising panels with new HD ribbon board of similar size. Upgrade existing electrical service and provide new power distribution as required at both north and south locations for new video and ribbon boards as well as future audio system and future HD ribbon board expansion at south end zone. Install new fiber optic backbone between boards, (4) future HD field camera locations, and press box.

Based on this, I think that audio will be happening later. I can't say I understand why though. I feel like dropping in some new speakers would be a lot cheaper to do than new HD videoboards but what do I know?

I took a slightly different route to work this morning (via Broadway rather than 30th) and realized that I had an opportunity to check out what was happening to the north scoreboard. It doesn't seem like they've made nearly as much progress over there. There was a crane and a few guys working on it, but the video board itself and the ads are still in place. I thought for a moment that they had removed one of the speakers underneath the board on the right but I think it's just hidden because of the angle.

day5N.jpg

South Scoreboard update is coming shortly. I'm just double checking that more hasn't been done since I was over there earlier.

Some visible work was done today on the south board. They lifted in a new piece of framing/support this morning and presumably spent the afternoon securing it. It's been a bit windy today though and when I got up just now, I saw that the crane was getting folded up for the day. I'm assuming we'll see a matching piece on the other side sometime this week. The second picture is an alternate angle so that people can actually see what got done today. The new piece is the slivery vertical beam that I've labeled.

day5.jpg

day5-2.jpg

One final note, I took another look at the wrapped crates the other day. The labeling on them doesn't actually match up with section numbers as far as I can tell (some of them begin with 4 and 5). I'll try to get a better look sometime this week and try to figure out what's up.

Last edited:
Some visible work was done today on the south board. They lifted in a new piece of framing/support this morning and presumably spent the afternoon securing it. It's been a bit windy today though and when I got up just now, I saw that the crane was getting folded up for the day. I'm assuming we'll see a matching piece on the other side sometime this week. The second picture is an alternate angle so that people can actually see what got done today. The new piece is the slivery vertical beam that I've labeled.

View attachment 9472

View attachment 9473

One final note, I took another look at the wrapped crates the other day. The labeling on them doesn't actually match up with section numbers as far as I can tell (some of them begin with 4 and 5). I'll try to get a better look sometime this week and try to figure out what's up.
sweet. based on the new frame piece, it looks like the new boards WILL be taking up the width previously occupied by the ads. Excellent.

As the admin perhaps you could lend a hand to us lower creatures? I want my 15 bucks worth out of you so get crackin

I went back in and re-uploaded the pics. If you're still having problems, try refreshing and see what happens. If you still can't see them, then you'll have to wait for Dio to article-ize them.

Success now for me. Rep.

I went back in and re-uploaded the pics. If you're still having problems, try refreshing and see what happens. If you still can't see them, then you'll have to wait for Dio to article-ize them.

Rep on the way Golden... Couldn't see the pictures on my POS computer at work, but my Mac here at home works just fine.

Back