What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

Here's today's south scoreboard progress report. There are ironworkers doing their thing inside and on top of the framework. While it's not visible in the pictures, there's been quite a bit of welding going on this morning/afternoon. I would imagine they're working on reinforcing the old support structure to accommodate the new hotness. Also, as expected, the new vertical support I mentioned yesterday now has a partner on the east side. I don't have a picture of it but I spotted it on the bus as I was coming in this morning. It also looks like they're going to remove the centermost flagpoles. I would imagine they'll be reattached later though.

day 6.jpg

Drove by and they had some big steel frames laying down by the South endzone.

I'm going to go for a walk later and take a look. I'm also going to see if I get a peek at the north end.

This looks shooped.

If by shopped you mean "still taken by crappy camera phone because I can't find the cable for my actual digital camera so I can upload the pictures at work and post quickly to avoid angry lynch mobs" then yes. Definitely shopped.

If by shopped you mean "still taken by crappy camera phone because I can't find the cable for my actual digital camera so I can upload the pictures at work and post quickly to avoid angry lynch mobs" then yes. Definitely shopped.
you better have zoomed in with that good camera!!!

if your camera is like mine, then you can just use any ole micro USB cable

I don't think audio is part of this project. I lifted this from the project description in the bid paperwork:

Based on this, I think that audio will be happening later. I can't say I understand why though. I feel like dropping in some new speakers would be a lot cheaper to do than new HD videoboards but what do I know?
I heard a few months ago that they have not decided exactly how to address the audio issue. This is still being worked on but the good news is the HD video boards are being installed.

I heard a few months ago that they have not decided exactly how to address the audio issue. This is still being worked on but the good news is the HD video boards are being installed.

I think they should wait on the audio and make it part of the big stadium improvement project. They're making structural changes and they should work the audio/acoustics into that. When I visited Stanford, the audio was very integrated with the physical structure of the stadium. Overdone there, but well done and not a bad template for it.

I think they should wait on the audio and make it part of the big stadium improvement project. They're making structural changes and they should work the audio/acoustics into that. When I visited Stanford, the audio was very integrated with the physical structure of the stadium. Overdone there, but well done and not a bad template for it.

I'm very envious of Stanford's facility. Gorgeous. About a gazillion times better than the old stadium.

Here's my update for the day. As you may have seen in the camera article, a large support piece got lifted in today for the south board. As you can see in my first picture, this piece looks like it will be the bottom support for the new video display. The guys that are working on it are welding it into place.

day7.jpg

I also took a little walk over to check out the north side. A lot has happened there since I last visited. The old video board, the light bulb screen (I'm not really sure what to call it), and some signage is gone. In the picture, you can see that they are lifting something out. It looks like speakers but I can't be 100% sure of that. I finally got around to bringing my for real digital camera but I can't post those pics until I get home because I apparently lost my cable and I can't plug the SD card into the mac I'm forced to use at work.

day7N.jpg

EDIT: I messed up and posted the wrong south end picture. It's all good now.

Last edited:
Reactions: dio
If that support is the actual width of the new scoreboard, I think that's pretty much the perfect size for Folsom. A scoreboard should enhance the game and stadium environment, not dominate it. Like with the LSU board pictured earlier, this seems to be the right balance.

Looks like the south board isn't gonna be much bigger, but that north board... :thumbsup:

If that support is the actual width of the new scoreboard, I think that's pretty much the perfect size for Folsom. A scoreboard should enhance the game and stadium environment, not dominate it. Like with the LSU board pictured earlier, this seems to be the right balance.

:nod: friends of mine who have been o jerryworld say that stadium is amazing but that the screen is too big! They keep finding themselves watching the screen instead of the game

:nod: friends of mine who have been o jerryworld say that stadium is amazing but that the screen is too big! They keep finding themselves watching the screen instead of the game

Get off the ****ter.

and that is a huge deal. i have read on this board about how much the video board at the texas stadium has taken out of the atmosphere of the stadium. that is the last thing we want. a ton of commercials and crap like that. just a good vid board for some replays and pre-game hype. not to take over the stadium and atmosphere.

as you said, there has to be a balance and i would rather we error on the less side with the vid boards. CU has great fans. let them steal the show. not the vid boards. they are boring if they are the focus. used properly, they can be great!

I'm really liking how these are shaping up size-wise. I was expecting bigger initially and I was kind of disappointed but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's actually going to end up being a perfect balance. Here's a little bit of insight on the planned dimensions that I found in the design/build criteria:

displays.jpg

north mockup.jpg

south mockup.jpg

I combined the CAD with the picture and matched them as best I could so that you can get a real-world sense of the dimensions.

Also, I have better quality pictures that I took today that I was finally able to get off of my camera.

IMG_0001.jpg

Here's a better quality wide shot of the current state of the south board.

IMG_0002.JPG

These ironworkers are welding the bottom support bracket into place.

IMG_0006.jpg

I thought it was interesting to get a closer look behind the board. How many chances do you get to see a view like this? Short of getting back behind it once it was installed, this is as good a look as you can get. Those look like pretty serious electrical boxes.

IMG_0007.jpg

Here's a close-in look at how things are going on the north end. I had to shoot through the fence but it's the best view of the north side I've gotten so far.

I'm going to try to post higher quality pictures like this every once in a while but to make sure that all of you can get your fix BEFORE you leave work, I'm going to keep using the camera phone for the long views of the south side. Unless I magically find my camera cable, that's the only way I can upload pictures from work.

Last edited:
My brother has been a few times and said the same thing exactly about Jerryworld. These boards are gonna look nice once its all done.

The best thing they could do is change their replay policy. Anytime you actually want to see a replay for a hard hit or a controversial call they are always showing some stupid commercial. Even when a play is under review by the refs, the crowd never gets to see what happened, instead we are treated to watch Chip and the gymnasts go to Chipotle. I have a feeling with these new boards they are going to be showing even more ads and less replays... Please prove me wrong CU!

The depiction above looks great but I seriously doubt that the screen will be 100% picture like that. It should be like that but I will have to see it to believe it.

Love that we are getting these new replay boards, but I just hope they use them as REPLAY boards and not advertisements that shows a replay from time to time.

The best thing they could do is change their replay policy. Anytime you actually want to see a replay for a hard hit or a controversial call they are always showing some stupid commercial. Even when a play is under review by the refs, the crowd never gets to see what happened, instead we are treated to watch Chip and the gymnasts go to Chipotle. I have a feeling with these new boards they are going to be showing even more ads and less replays... Please prove me wrong CU!

The depiction above looks great but I seriously doubt that the screen will be 100% picture like that. It should be like that but I will have to see it to believe it.

Love that we are getting these new replay boards, but I just hope they use them as REPLAY boards and not advertisements that shows a replay from time to time.
Pretty sure that's a NCAA rule

My conspiracy theory is that CU doesn't get to decide which replays we show. I think there is a PAC (BIGXII, SEC, etc.) official in the replay booth who determines whether we can show the replay or not because they don't want to throw the on-field refs under the bus for missed calls.

I would love it if those ribbon boards were for down and distance below the video board.

You think a new sound system would allow them to bring concerts back to the field? I saw Dave Matthews there about a decade ago (oh crap - i forgot that he is hated)

You think a new sound system would allow them to bring concerts back to the field? I saw Dave Matthews there about a decade ago (oh crap - i forgot that he is hated)

We better get on it before Gaga books somewhere else.

Back