What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scott quote...

canbuff

Of Tuesday's work, Scott said, "I pushed it; I wanted to see what my body would do - see if I still had it. And I've still got it. Never a question; I'm ready to go."

Sounds to me like the coaches have beaten him down soo much and used him soo sparringly that he is second guessing his abilities. Unbelievable!!! Chalk up another f**k up for Hawk.

Hagan is also at fault though...he seems to forget that a big reason for his success and many others of his era was that they were allowed to play the majority of the time and let their athleticism take over as they got into the flow of the game. Our game plan since Hawk has been here hasnt allowed anybody to get in the flow of a game with the constant shuffling of players.

Give this kid the ****ing rock already. The coaches didn't give him a chance all year last year. They didn't give him a chance on Sunday.

Stop playing stupid games and give the kid 20+ carries in a game and see what happens.

Sounds like Darrell Scott is ready to go! Give him the ball and get out of the way!

Seriously. We don't need to be all clever and shift our runners every play. Let D Scott pound the rock at Toledo until he's tired or until the game is over.

There was no reason to abandon it last game, all it did was hurt Scott's confidence and piss off the entire fan base (plus, it sure didn't win us the game either)

IF Scott does not get the ball on Friday, I will literally write Bohn a very calm but serious email in which I'll tell him that I am no longer spending my money, time or effort on Buffs games, Buffs gear, Buffs anything until this joke of a head coach is gone. Stop wasting our talent Talkins! (and if it's your assistants/coordinators who are making the choice to shuffle them, over rule them and do the right thing!)

At the end of the day, I feel for Scott here. Top recruit out of HS where he carried his team(s), then he comes here to be overlooked. The guy is ready to prove himself and has an eagerness to be great, why stifle his abilities? The only thing these coaches are doing to the kid is pushing him toward UCLA/Texas. Get real Hawk, we need him here and will need him here long after you are gone!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a prediction:

If the Buffs don't get DS heavily involved in the offense this season, he's gone. And I would not blame him one bit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a prediction:

If the Buffs don't get DS heavily involved in the offense this season, he's gone. And I would not blame him one bit.

Completely agree; I love the buffs, but he has to do what is good for him. He has the potential to be a first round draft pick after his senior season, but not if this continues. There will come a time that some shady coaches will beging to notice his lack of utilization and start planting some seeds. He has to feel like he got swindled by the silver tongued Talkins.

Completely agree; I love the buffs, but he has to do what is good for him. He has the potential to be a first round draft pick after his senior season, but not if this continues. There will come a time that some shady coaches will beging to notice his lack of utilization and start planting some seeds. He has to feel like he got swindled by the silver tongued Talkins.

It won't be shady coaches in his ear, it will be his nephew out in LA...:sad1:

he needs 15 to 20 carries. Sumler needs to be the odd man out.

I like Sumler in there with this whole personnel grouping system...2 sets of two back sets (DS&Speedy=group 1, Sumler&BLock=group 2). This gives the threat of power inside runs, perimeter/later runs, counters, etc. It would make it difficult for any defense to prepare. Run the Ball 50+ times with the DS/Speedy combination carrying 85% time and use Sumler/B-Lock to spell them. Also need to use Sumler as a Fullback in the I and B-Lock split out at receiver.

what I dont understand is we land a 5 star running back out of Cali......and he gets one carry and one screen pass....wake up Hawk, this kid wants the ball, he wants to carry this team, put the rock in his hand and lets see what he can do.....

Dear Fans

Didn’t you get the groupings speech. You just don’t understand the schemes. In 10 or 15 years you will look back at these postings and laugh.

Your Buddy Dan

****ing things up with Scott could have potential HUGE repercussions in recruiting, too.

Give the kid a chance and we can see how he does.

****ing things up with Scott could have potential HUGE repercussions in recruiting, too.

Give the kid a chance and we can see how he does.

:yeahthat:

It's not unlike an NFL team signing a big time free agent or spending a ton on a first round pick. You have to play the guy. You have too much invested in him not to.

GIVE SCOTT THE ROCK!!!!

Dear Fans

Didn’t you get the groupings speech. You just don’t understand the schemes. In 10 or 15 years you will look back at these postings and laugh.

Your Buddy Dan

**** you Dan! Get your head out of your ass.

And while you're at, get off of our message board and go learn how to be a coach somewhere else. :wow:

I think all of us would like to see DS get 20+ carries in a game. The most he's had was 19 against ISU and ended up with a decent 4.6 average. Last year I semi-bought into the reasons of him being unprepared, out of shape, and nicked up, but this year he should get a real chance (meaning at least a few games of 20+ carries) to show if he's the real deal.

why wouldn't he be pushing it every practice?

I think thats the main issue with our coaches, they play the guys who try the hardest, not the guys who are the best. Still i personally dont like seeing a quote like that from a guy who showed up way out of shape last year.

I think all of us would like to see DS get 20+ carries in a game. The most he's had was 19 against ISU and ended up with a decent 4.6 average. Last year I semi-bought into the reasons of him being unprepared, out of shape, and nicked up, but this year he should get a real chance (meaning at least a few games of 20+ carries) to show if he's the real deal.

just to play devils advocate, why? Speedy's YPC has traditionally been higher.

I would like to see DS and Speedy get about 80-90% of the carries between the two of them. And give Lockridge the other 10-20%. Sumler just isn't the threat the other 3 are.

I think thats the main issue with our coaches, they play the guys who try the hardest, not the guys who are the best. Still i personally dont like seeing a quote like that from a guy who showed up way out of shape last year.

But he's also had multi-20+ carry games, whereas Scott has not been given that chance, other than the once (19 carries). Speedy has proven to be a very nice surprise for someone who was mainly only recruited by MAC schools, but Scott was clearly the better back coming out of high school and hasn't gotten a real chance to show what he can do.

'Rino i am with you, I'd actually like to see D.Scott in on 1st & 2nd downs under normal circumstances and speedy and Sumler in on more traditional passing, and downs taken from the Shotgun.

I have said we need a two back set with DS & RS. Power & speed up the gut, along with corner speed, forces the D to play the whole Line.

But he's also had multi-20+ carry games, whereas Scott has not been given that chance, other than the once (19 carries). Speedy has proven to be a very nice surprise for someone who was mainly only recruited by MAC schools, but Scott was clearly the better back coming out of high school and hasn't gotten a real chance to show what he can do.

regardless, scott is more of a universal threat; Speedy, for the most part, is one dimensional. He has quickness laterally and can sneak through the line, but his size will wear him down and you cannot consistently pound him up the middle. DS is more suited to stay in for a majority of the plays at work the perimeter and the middle...and his is a better overall athlete. Besides, how can we actually make the determination as to who is the better back when DS doesn't even get the ball.

I'm not sure if I am the only one who noticed this, but I think speedy is still a little slowed up on the broken leg last year and the hammy. He has good initial quickness, but he is slowing up in space and getting caught from behind...showed in the spring game, in practices this fall, and Sunday.

Can you imagine if Hawkins had Terrell Davis. I remember it took Davis a couple of quarters of pounding the football for 2-3 yards but then by the third and forth he was breaking off 10 yard runs.

Can you imagine if Hawkins had Terrell Davis. I remember it took Davis a couple of quarters of pounding the football for 2-3 yards but then by the third and forth he was breaking off 10 yard runs.

Love that analogy. Just don't know if it applies, but would love to find out.

And do you happen to remember what happened to TD when he was at Georgia? Nothing. They barely used him. Sound familiar?

regardless, scott is more of a universal threat; Speedy, for the most part, is one dimensional. He has quickness laterally and can sneak through the line, but his size will wear him down and you cannot consistently pound him up the middle.

WVU, FSU , and KjSU games from last year would seem to say he is durable enough to pound it all game.

WVU, FSU , and KjSU games from last year would seem to say he is durable enough to pound it all game.

For 12 games? A husky will run himself to death pulling a sled, but run him in to the ground and ask him to do it day after day...come on. You think Speedy is more versatile than DS. How do you know? last year...no; this year...remains to be seen. But overall he has the tools to be more versatile, and that is my point. Speedy is not going to get it done as the full time back, he is at best, a good split back with DS. We need to have the dual threat back there or DS alone.

For 12 games? A husky will run himself to death pulling a sled, but run him in to the ground and ask him to do it day after day...come on. You think Speedy is more versatile than DS. How do you know? last year...no; this year...remains to be seen. But overall he has the tools to be more versatile, and that is my point. Speedy is not going to get it done as the full time back, he is at best, a good split back with DS. We need to have the dual threat back there or DS alone.

I didnt say more versatile, i just said, he averages more YPC, and has proven against BCS competition he can cary 20+ times a game, i should also add so far in his career he's looked to be the better college player.

I didnt say more versatile, i just said, he averages more YPC, and has proven against BCS competition he can cary 20+ times a game, i should also add so far in his career he's looked to be the better college player.

I wouldn't disagree, he is also a better college player than every other player in the country that doesn't get to play. DS hasn't even really had a solid shot to display his abilities.

Back