What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Search Committee Named***

Here's how I see this process going down:

1. Bohn and crew (Neinas?) spent the last 6 months contacting directly or through back-channels the people they have interest in to see who has mutual interest and what their availability/contract situation may be.

2. Bohn has a long discussion with the committee to outline what he thinks are important questions and qualifications, who he thinks would be a god fit and has expressed some form of mutual interest, and tells them what he thinks it would cost to make a deal.

3. The committee does it's own due diligence and interviews the candidaates identified by Bohn and maybe 1 or 2 others to cover their bases.

4. After interviews are completed, Bohn offers who he would be willing to hire, the committee nominates that coach and Bohn makes the best deal he can with their top guy.

I have no idea if this is accurate, but that's how I imagine this going down.

I hear Neinas isn't involved.

I don't doubt that the search has been on going for quite a while.

I hate Klatt...

Anyway, Clough is a great choice to be on the committee. He is a die hard CU Football fan, and he is extremely intelligent. I had him as a professor for three years at CU. He may not have a football background, but he will do everything to ensure that the committee's nomination is a solid choice overall.

as a side note though, I THINK he was in favor of the Hawk hire, but can you blame him? Many people liked Hawk when he first came.

They had Dr. Clough on 87.7 last night on the way home. To say the least, I was not impressed. They asked him specifically about the lack of football experience on the committee several times. Each time he kind of squirmed his way through the answer. You could almost tell that he was embarrassed and uncomfortable about how no one on the committee had any direct football ties what so ever.

I got the impression from his interview, that this committee is nothing more than a way for the university to cover their butt. They may or may not interview anyone and Bohn is ultimately the final decission maker in this process.

Nothing good has ever come from a commitee. Might as well appoint a football czar so this can get even more ****ed up.

They had Dr. Clough on 87.7 last night on the way home. To say the least, I was not impressed. They asked him specifically about the lack of football experience on the committee several times. Each time he kind of squirmed his way through the answer. You could almost tell that he was embarrassed and uncomfortable about how no one on the committee had any direct football ties what so ever.

I got the impression from his interview, that this committee is nothing more than a way for the university to cover their butt. They may or may not interview anyone and Bohn is ultimately the final decission maker in this process.

You may be right. But I think you've got to cut a little slack here. Clough isn't exactly media trained or used to being on live radio. Odds were that he wasn't going to come off as polished.

As long as we have a big donor or two on the comittee, we will be in great shape. It appears that this is the case. The donors are tied into the football program and will voice the opinions of the football minds. You also need to have professors etc... on the comittee to help bring in CU's top paid employee.

You may be right. But I think you've got to cut a little slack here. Clough isn't exactly media trained or used to being on live radio. Odds were that he wasn't going to come off as polished.

Yeah, but if you know your shi!t, you have an easier time talking about it. He was stumbling, bumbling all over the place.

Yeah, but if you know your shi!t, you have an easier time talking about it. He was stumbling, bumbling all over the place.

...I didn't hear the interview, so I can't defend Clough on specifics of what you may not have liked. However, I can tell you that in general, Clough is usually a well spoken man that has been a staunch supporter of CU athletics his time at CU. I'm not saying that we shouldn't have had any athletic ties on the search committee, but Clough should be on the committee.

He may not have had a great interview on the radio, but I have no doubt that he will provide the committee with some clear thinking. He is extremely intelligent, and willing to call bull****.

Hoover? Are you kidding me? The guy sucks!

Not sure what you have against RDH, but he has always been a good guy when I have talked / give presentations to him. He will no longer be CEO of Ball on Jan 1, and his roll at Ball has been on the decline over the last year. He has a good amount of free time, has had the opportunity oer the past 10 years to meet with many players, coaches, professors administrators, and fans of CU football. He is also a big fan of CU football and will occationally talk about past games with me. He is a fan who wants to see a good product on the field.

He never went to CU, but wears CU gear around the office, and really likes the football program.

Not sure what you have against RDH, but he has always been a good guy when I have talked / give presentations to him. He will no longer be CEO of Ball on Jan 1, and his roll at Ball has been on the decline over the last year. He has a good amount of free time, has had the opportunity oer the past 10 years to meet with many players, coaches, professors administrators, and fans of CU football. He is also a big fan of CU football and will occationally talk about past games with me. He is a fan who wants to see a good product on the field.

He never went to CU, but wears CU gear around the office, and really likes the football program.

Wow.

I took a course from Clough my freshman year. Spent a whole lecture before the CU/NU game on the history of the rivalry.

If we get a 50 million dollar donation, I could give a damn if Pee Wee Herman was on the search. I gave 200 and have never even been to Folsom. We need a name and a good coach, that costs money.

i think di stefano is more involved and that before bohn can make his choice he is going to have to talk to di stefano first.
this search committee was put together by benson and di stefano im guessing to watch over bohn and make sure he talks to
more than a couple of coaches.

People will bitch about anything. First we hear screams of "I don't want Bohn doing the coaching search." Then "keep Neinas out of it since he recommended DH." Now we have an actual committee with people proven to care deeply about CU football and people are still bitching. Un****ing real.

People will bitch about anything. First we hear screams of "I don't want Bohn doing the coaching search." Then "keep Neinas out of it since he recommended DH." Now we have an actual committee with people proven to care deeply about CU football and people are still bitching. Un****ing real.

welcome to the internet.

Back