What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SEC undermines NCAA process on Bruce Pearl

77buff

What happens now that Bruce Pearl has been suspended for 8 games by the SEC? Does his punishment end their? The sleeze ball has already admitted he lied to the NCAA. Does his admission of guilt and apology after the fact, along with his suspension for only 8 games make it no longer possible for the NCAA to impose further punishment? He should have been suspended for the entire year. He can now coach in the tournament - which is a reward for a job well done - not for lying and cheating.

Pearl's a cheat and he comes off like a used car salesman. I hope the NCAA steps up.

Pearl's a cheat and he comes off like a used car salesman. I hope the NCAA steps up.

You know, I really like Pearl. He has a lot of charisma and enthusiasm for the game and his university - he seems like a great guy. I'm not a big fan of how his teams play sometimes, but I do like him as a coach. I really like that he and Cal don't like each other.

However, this new scandal does make me wonder if he's really just innocently making mistakes or tries to make them. I am too young to remember him, but I think about Valvano with Pearl. Valvano in his highlights and interviews seems like such a great guy, but he ran one of the worst programs in the nation. Valvano cheated like none other in my opinion, and only his unfortunate death has caused the media to forget about his teams' turmoil. I hope Pearl isn't just another Valvano - great guy on the surface, but horrible cheat. I do think Pearl was just complacently following the rules, because he was just too busy having a good time.

Back