What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SECSPN

I always laugh when people complain about SEC overexposure. They're pretty clearly the best quality college football with the most serious football fans. Why WOULDN'T ESPN focus on them more?
No, they are not pretty clearly the best quality college football. That's the whole damn point.

No, they are not pretty clearly the best quality college football. That's the whole damn point.
Absolutely. As devil's advocate, as a conference, their fans are the most serious about CFB. But WTF else do you have to do in Alabama and Mississippi anyway.

Absolutely. As devil's advocate, as a conference, their fans are the most serious about CFB. But WTF else do you have to do in Alabama and Mississippi anyway.

Big 10 has some serious fan bases as well along to go with a lot of NFL fans that don't exist in the south.

Pretty sure the SEC is limited to Mississippi and Alabama. The other states are just cling-ons.

I always laugh when people complain about SEC overexposure. They're pretty clearly the best quality college football with the most serious football fans. Why WOULDN'T ESPN focus on them more?
Wait.What? No.

For funnsies, you should watch an SEC team play a Top 25 OOC opponent. Then get back to me.

Top to bottom, it's Pac 12. "We" could make up close to 1/3 of the top 25 by season's end.

I saw one publication ranked Bama as the pre season #1 (which is ridiculous in my mind) and then saw a Tweet shortly thereafter that said Alabama's 5 QBs have a combined 100 career passes and 5 TDs and their returning 4 WRs have 40 career catches and 1 TD. I'm sure they'll be good, as always, but can't see them contending for the NC this year.

In a few years, the B1G could be looked at pretty respectably if Harbaugh is able to get Michigan back to prominence and Reilly does the same for Nebraska. Michigan, Ohio State, Wiscy, MSU and NU would be a formidable conference.

Obviously the Pac12 was the best conference last season

:nod:

Finished #1 in power rankings and dominated the NFL draft this spring.

Generally and normally, I'd give the nod to the SEC. Considering recruiting grounds, it's going to be the SEC most years. But the Pac-12 is a solid #2 that can give the SEC a run for its money. I think most SEC fans see it that way, too, and the Pac-12 is respected. My belief is that's what is benefiting CU in recruiting efforts in GA and FL -- the opportunity to play in the Pac-12 being more valuable than a B1G, Big 12 or ACC offer.

Top to bottom, it's Pac 12. "We" could make up close to 1/3 of the top 25 by season's end.

I saw one publication ranked Bama as the pre season #1 (which is ridiculous in my mind) and then saw a Tweet shortly thereafter that said Alabama's 5 QBs have a combined 100 career passes and 5 TDs and their returning 4 WRs have 40 career catches and 1 TD. I'm sure they'll be good, as always, but can't see them contending for the NC this year.

In a few years, the B1G could be looked at pretty respectably if Harbaugh is able to get Michigan back to prominence and Reilly does the same for Nebraska. Michigan, Ohio State, Wiscy, MSU and NU would be a formidable conference.

They have aver the best running back in the nation, imo.

People are sick of the SEC because they almost always win the NC and the perception, at least, is that they don't play by the same rules as most schools.

It was better for them before the mini-tournament last year. When it was the Alabama invitational, the sec was always going to have a representative in the game. SEC west got exposed in the bowl season last year. SEC east was mediocre all year. I think it says something that Missouri has won their division twice in the four years they've been in the conference. They only won two in the sixteen (?) years they were in the big xii. And they were in the North. It's a great conference, but I think the PAC is gaining on them if not passing them by a neck.

PAC XII football is much more entertaining (to me).

California produces the most NFL players by a large margin over Texas and Florida, btw.

Last edited:
The SEC is an amazing conference especially considering they have two of their top programs down at the moment (Tennessee and Florida) compared to the PAC-12 only having one down program (USC). I have always enjoyed defense but I know I am in the minority which is why a lot of people prefer the offensive style of the Pac. One of my favorite games over the last ten years was the 6-3 (I believe) LSU, Alabama game a couple years ago. I have never seen two defenses fight so hard every single play of the game.

I'd like to see Arkansas take it to the rest of the SEC West this year. I think they've got a shot in Tuscaloosa.

It's amazing that BC90 really hasn't been back since his self imposed ban. Is there a sock I don't know about?

The college football playoff is on line 1 for you.

You own a lot of Apple products don't you?

It's amazing that BC90 really hasn't been back since his self imposed ban. Is there a sock I don't know about?

giphy.gif

:lol:

Figure this, if somebody graduated in 1990, they would be around 21 or 22 years old at the time, right? Do the math.

Back