What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Seems Cameron Swartz is transferring

Wow. Don’t know what to say. Looked like she was working her way into more playing time. She appears to have the makings of a good player on both ends.

Very disappointing to me. I really like her game and how she was working her way back into the rotation following her surgery at the start of the season. I was looking forward to her being the needed sharp-shooter, especially from the three point line.

You have to wonder if the tachycardia and subsequent heart surgery didn’t make parents and daughter a little homesick for each other. It was certainly a tough start to her college career. I really enjoyed her dad’s enthusiasm and positive support for his girl on Twitter. Best of luck to Cam.

Well this blows...I saw her as the next leader of this team when Kennedy graduates. .......****. Best wishes to her and her health.

Cam seemed to have found her sea legs and was really coming on. Obviously a huge loss for next year as she was poised to take over the roll that Kennedy currently plays on the team, but also a giant loss for the PAC12 conference schedule as CU was going to be highly dependent on Cam coming in and taking up minutes.

Finally, coach has to be crushed as this makes it very tough for her to show any progress at all. She really needs to hit a full court shot and land a super recruit to replace Cam for next year or she could be looking for a new job.

Cam seemed to have found her sea legs and was really coming on. Obviously a huge loss for next year as she was poised to take over the roll that Kennedy currently plays on the team, but also a giant loss for the PAC12 conference schedule as CU was going to be highly dependent on Cam coming in and taking up minutes.

Finally, coach has to be crushed as this makes it very tough for her to show any progress at all. She really needs to hit a full court shot and land a super recruit to replace Cam for next year or she could be looking for a new job.

Last edited:
You have to wonder if the tachycardia and subsequent heart surgery didn’t make parents and daughter a little homesick for each other. It was certainly a tough start to her college career. I really enjoyed her dad’s enthusiasm and positive support for his girl on Twitter. Best of luck to Cam.
Seems the timing gives your assertion credibility as she is just returning from break.

A bit over the top I think. While a disappointing lose, you never want to lose a player. She was the 4th or 5th player off the bench and was an SG so would have battled for Lexs minutes next year. JR is fine, no need to start that stuff.
Isn't Lexi a senior? I believe we lose both Robinson and Kennedy at the end of this season.

At this point most of next year's recruits (assuming by "next year" you mean the 2019 freshman class), especially the "super" ones, have already signed with their college team. Signing was back in November. Perhaps they can find another good shooter to bring in but I'm not optimistic about that. More likely imo they will be working hard with Emma Clarke since she has shown some good moments when she has been in and hoping that Aubrey's shoulder surgery has gone as well as first reports indicate so that she can be back as a full competitor.

Perhaps they can find another good shooter to bring in but I'm not optimistic about that. More likely imo they will be working hard with Emma Clarke since she has shown some good moments when she has been in and hoping that Aubrey's shoulder surgery has gone as well as first reports indicate so that she can be back as a full competitor.
If CU is going to find a high level shooter for the class of '19 it most likely will be from overseas. As for Clarke and Knight, I perceive both to be "scorers" rather than "shooters." I am not sure either will be the shooter from the perimeter that Cam looked to be.

I wonder if going from small private school in the southeast to CU and the heart issue may have been too much culture change for her and her family. I know the football team has had issues with kids from the south east staying. 1 dude stayed one day and left. This is a huge loss for CU imo. She was just getting into the flow and the last game or so looked pretty good. I do not how many shooter they have in the recruiting class but they lose their best two and probably the top 3 on the team now that Swartz is gone. Really disappointing especially after CU found the issue and fixed her heart.

Tremendously disappointing. If it just turned out to be a cultural mismatch (easy to understand in Boulder) or a case of homesickness, I wish her well. Hopefully it's not a case of "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

I'm disappointed and don't claim to understand how kids think.

Commitments mean nothing--to either your teammates, your coach or your school.

When you made this comment, I thought it was a bit harsh, but now I'm annoyed (not at you obviously)... ...but have no idea who should be the target of my annoyance and how much is founded. I was really looking forward to Cam at CU... ....c'est la vie I guess...

I am at a total loss for words. That may be a good thing.

Every time I see this thread get a bump, a slight swell of annoyance on the topic comes up. So let me spew some words at random on your behalf. I just don't get it...if she went home; fine. I can sympathize with a kid wanting to be closer to parents after a scare like her surgery. But to transfer in the middle of the season to a place not close to home... ...wtf?! Like you said, does commitment to your coaches, team, and program mean that little? Or, is something that toxic going on in her life at CU that she had to leave? If the former, I don't get why Coach Payne allowed the transfer. If I'm a coach, and my top recruit comes to me telling me she's done, I try to calm her down and tell her to wait out the year. Maybe I'm coaching her wrong and I need to change (flashback to Kate Fagan telling Coach Barry she wanted out, and Coach Barry telling her to give her three weeks and she'd been coaching her wrong). Maybe Cam was just being like many teenagers and feeling homesick...doesn't mean you act on the initial impulse. Wait out the year - show some patience...

I really hope it's not the latter.... ...I like Coach Payne, but losing Cam in this fashion is not good. I fully admit to double/sexist standards in my life, where I'll be more sympathetic to women. In the arena of college sports though, I'm really annoyed at this. If Tad lost his top recruit in the middle of his freshman year...I'd be psst! .........I just don't get it.... .....I want to wish Cam all the best, but... ...ugh...if Kin left the team right now after the Diamond tournament...I'd be furious and enraged....she didn't go back to GA or the South....why leave now to Boston.......

Given some of the thoughts that have been expressed here about the situation with Cam, I feel I do need to tell you what I have heard even tho it's something I would not normally do. Please keep in mind that the following is via totally unsubstantiated rumor. But what I have heard is that Cam left because she was not getting the amount of playing time that she thought she should have been getting. And that she did this without discussing her concerns with any of her coaches. TIFWIW.

With the new rules on transfers, I believe a player can add their name to the transfer database without having to get any approval from their current coach. Therefore it can be done without the knowledge of the current coach.

Given some of the thoughts that have been expressed here about the situation with Cam, I feel I do need to tell you what I have heard even tho it's something I would not normally do. Please keep in mind that the following is via totally unsubstantiated rumor. But what I have heard is that Cam left because she was not getting the amount of playing time that she thought she should have been getting. And that she did this without discussing her concerns with any of her coaches. TIFWIW.

With the new rules on transfers, I believe a player can add their name to the transfer database without having to get any approval from their current coach. Therefore it can be done without the knowledge of the current coach.
That would make sense if true. Hard to comment on rumor so I’ll stop here.

That would make sense if true. Hard to comment on rumor so I’ll stop here.
I agree with @WarBuff that this would make sense. If it is true it would imply that JR may not have as close of a relationship with her players as I had previously thought. The fact that Cam wasn't getting a ton of playing time bothered me all year, but I chalked it up to her health issues and then maybe being a little out of shape as she recovered from those issues. When Cam got playing time in her last two games she showed she belonged. If her playing time wasn't limited due to her health issues, then it makes me question why JR wouldn't have had Cam on the floor more. Guess we will never know.

From my short conversations after home games with Cam about how she was progressing physically after her surgery and then how she was doing in regaining her conditioning, it seemed to me that JR was bringing Cam's playing time along at an appropriate pace for her health. I agree that Cam's contribution in her last 2 games showed that she has the game to be playing at this level. In my opinion it's unfortunate that she is no longer part of our team.

Back