What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo health update

Again, much of last season he was playing with a recovering separated shoulder. It definitely effected him much of the season. Which is one big reason we need depth at QB. I'm not sure he should have been on the field after the CSU game.

Should have definitely rested him a half against UMass (pre injury, but still)
Should have sat him the entire game against Nicholls.

if I am remembering correctly, Sefo had a tendency to through them high. Causing quite a few to bounce off a receivers hands to a DB, or just sail over a WR and get caught by the defense.
My memory is that he failed to see the OLB, who would step in front of it. Regardless, I give BL credit for recognizing that the slant pass was a risky pass for Sefo.

My memory is that he failed to see the OLB, who would step in front of it. Regardless, I give BL credit for recognizing that the slant pass was a risky pass for Sefo.

Either way, when he would lock on to spruce the moment he broke into his route, it wasn't hard for the LB/DB to see what was happening. Have to fix that.

No, I would just suggest everyone be a little more gentle with their judgement of the unknown, and have a lot more HOPE. It will make the journey back to the top much more enjoyable. #GOBuffs

Unknown? Game performance is not unknown. What the heck goes on inside Lindgren's head is unknown.

Thanks Confucius. Since my past years, now, greatly exceed my future ones, I prefer to live for the present.

Living in the here and now is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Wasn't it Master Uguay who said that in "Kung Fu Panda"?

Roger that, Sackman.

Master Oogway: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present".

Panda: there is no charge for awesomness ... or attractiveness.

Realistically, I think your QB needs to win you a couple games year without much help. Otherwise, you have the wrong guy.
I probably am not understanding the context of your comment. I do not believe any QB can win games without help. I have never liked the description of "game manager" for a QB - I am never sure exactly what that is suppose to be (to me it means an average guy who does not screw up too much). If you are a "game manager" then you better have a great team around you.

I do believe the QB position is by its nature a leadership position for the offense and that is why the position is so important. At the pro level guys like Elway, Brady, Unitas, (and many others) get their teammates to buy in to the fact they are going to lead them to victory - that is why guys like Cutler can have all the talent in the world but cannot accomplish anything - their teammates don't believe. And you see it all the time on the collegiate level also. I think the best comparison for Sefo would be Joel Klatt, Klatt was not an overly talented QB but I know he was a leader on the field that his teammates believed in and would go into battle with. I know that won some games for CU (KSU in 2004). To me those types of games are missing for Sefo - when the game is on the line getting the teams to rally around you for a victory. Now the haters can take their shots at Klatt.

Back