What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo Liufau (O/U thread)

Imma take the under, but i don't think that's necessarily a bad indicator. i kinda wish we had a bruising downhill red zone monster run game to account for the (-) but hey! I'm asking Sefo to run the offense, protect the football, be good on 3rd down...and make some plays.

Over, the only way the Buffs get the ball in the end zone is through the air...

If we have any hope of being even slightly below average Sefo needs to be able to get TDs through the air, because they aren't coming on the ground. Not with our OL or stable of RBs.

If we have any hope of being even slightly below average Sefo needs to be able to get TDs through the air, because they aren't coming on the ground. Not with our OL or stable of RBs.
The middle of the OL (LG to RG) should be strong (enough to improve a bit on the rushing numbers last year), and Nembot is good in the running game, but pass blocking is where he struggles. Nik pointed it out yesterday but our RBs went down on first contact way too easily last year, hopefully the emphasis on lower body strength this off season helps that a bit.

Improving on last year is not going to be hard to do. The question is whether the RBs can find the end zone. That talent can be hard to find.

The middle of the OL (LG to RG) should be strong (enough to improve a bit on the rushing numbers last year), and Nembot is good in the running game, but pass blocking is where he struggles. Nik pointed it out yesterday but our RBs went down on first contact way too easily last year, hopefully the emphasis on lower body strength this off season helps that a bit.

Improving on last year is not going to be hard to do. The question is whether the RBs can find the end zone. That talent can be hard to find.

Until we can run with 8 in the box in the RZ I hold fast to what I'm saying. We may see some improvement, but we need stellar line play and RBs that can pound through (hopefully Powell returns to his freshman year form).

Until we can run with 8 in the box in the RZ I hold fast to what I'm saying. We may see some improvement, but we need stellar line play and RBs that can pound through (hopefully Powell returns to his freshman year form).
How many teams can run with 8 in the box while in the RZ? I don't understand the offense compressing when they get in the RZ...spread out the D and the field opens up. When CU goes against 8 in the box in the RZ then they need to spread it out to the TE's and use some PA.

How many teams can run with 8 in the box while in the RZ? I don't understand the offense compressing when they get in the RZ...spread out the D and the field opens up. When CU goes against 8 in the box in the RZ then they need to spread it out to the TE's and use some PA.

NameGAttemptsScoresScore %TDTD %FGFG %
1USC14403792.502767.501025.00
2Stanford14524790.383057.691732.69
3Arizona State14756789.334661.332128.00
4Washington13615488.524675.41813.11
5UCLA13645585.944671.88914.06
6Utah12423583.332764.29819.05
7Arizona13564682.143766.07916.07
8Colorado12322681.251443.751237.50
9Oregon State13685479.414363.241116.18
10Washington State13514078.433262.75815.69
11Oregon13745878.384966.22912.16
12California12433172.092148.841023.26

Very few. It's tough. But last year we only were in the RZ 32 times. Now think about the over.

Sefo needs to show he can find the open guy in the RZ for us to be competitive. Hopefully it'll open up the running game too for Powell.

Hell, I hope we can run it well enough to make teams put 8 in the box quite a bit. That happens our offense is probably doing pretty damn well. I agree on the TE for sure, damn somebody needs to step up there.

So post scrimmage I am going with under because I think the line play will be better and we'll run more.

So post scrimmage I am going with under because I think the line play will be better and we'll run more.

Lindgren's interview with Rivals included him saying that his ideal offense would run the ball 55%-60% of the time to set up play action and big plays from the pass offense. It would make everything so efficient.

So, if we can get where he wants, you're probably right. I hope you are. I don't mind the "under" at all if it happens for a positive reason.

I would love to see us running 55-60% of the time and be effective at it. Makes everything else so much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back