What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo Liufau

Running form is not going to make him that much faster.

Didn't claim S&C would make him an Olympic sprinter, just more a compact, purposeful runner. If they knock a tenth off his 40 time, so much the better!

Fuskers used to get a lot of mileage out of RS QBs who had a whole year to learn to run the option with a JV team (one of the last to do so). Maturity and experience running it, was the key. Those QBs were rarely sprinters out of HS; they learned to run purposefully.

Sefo's most impressive stat: 7 sacks in 7 games

He is pretty elusive in the pocket. Credit to the OL as well

Elusiveness in the pocket is the main thing here.

Sefo is never going to turn himself into a running QB. But as he develops his strength and gains some good weight, he can be more like a "Big Ben" extending plays by avoiding & breaking tackles while finding a couple first downs by scrambling.

Sefo is never going to turn himself into a running QB. But as he develops his strength and gains some good weight, he can be more like a "Big Ben" extending plays by avoiding & breaking tackles while finding a couple first downs by scrambling.
For a true Freshman, Sefo does an exceptional job of keeping his eyes down the field while he's scrambling. I think that bodes well for his future development.

Yup, it happened last year... but I don't know if it's a standing offer in perpetuity.

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24062957/

"[Manning] said, 'You ought to send one of your quarterbacks. Just call my dad,' " Peyton told the new CU coach. "And it was really nice for Peyton to say we could send a guy, because I had just gotten here, it was late (in the game)."And so, Connor Wood headed down to Louisi-manning.

Last edited:

Yeah. I was surprised by his lack of speed last game. Put on some pounds and he'll be even better.

It all depends on the o-line stepping up. I hope Nembot can take his game to the next level. Hopefully, the juco transfer is a beast. If just two of the lineman can have all PAC 12 seasons, a bowl game is a possibility. I don't think anyone expected Gurode and Rogers to break out over a decade ago.

I'm new to the forums here, but I've lurked for a while and frequent /r/pac12 /r/collegebasketball and /r/cfb (all of who have active buff fans, and actually are overall fairly friendly communities too! If you ever wanna stop by all you have to do is add www.reddit.com before the /r/!) But I have to say there is something about Sefo I really like, and as I'm a student and having met him a few times on campus he carries whatever it is I like about him over to his off field life. He's just very calm and friendly, not anything like the boisterous superstars that play at SEC and other big conference schools. If he can stay healthy and get our OL in shape I think he really can be something special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I was surprised by his lack of speed last game. Put on some pounds and he'll be even better.

I understand he played with lingering leg injury last fall; plus, he's a tall gangly-type runner. Guys like that have to learn how to run.

From what I've heard Kaepernick was very similar coming out of HS: tall (6'5") and real gangly at 180 lbs. His second sport was baseball, he pitched. In contrast, Sefo's is basketball, where he was an All State level player. Kid's an athlete, he just needs time to mature, train and get coached up.

Wasn't Sefo playing hurt much of the year? Thought I heard that.
This rumor has been going around for months but I have yet to hear anyone verify it. I wish someone with inside info could give us the scoop on this b/c it would be valuable info. And they'd probably get lots of rep if they did :)

According to latest Rivals article Sefo is over 230 lbs. now! That is good news. That dude is already tough as nails but with a more filled-out body he has a better chance to last the whole season. Hope the OL can protect him better, and would certainly like to see him run a bit more if he has the ability.

According to latest Rivals article Sefo is over 230 lbs. now! That is good news. That dude is already tough as nails but with a more filled-out body he has a better chance to last the whole season. Hope the OL can protect him better, and would certainly like to see him run a bit more if he has the ability.

What was his playing weight last season and what is his 40 time now? Probably 4.3

:) I was writing from my iPhone and it showed up that way and I decided to press send b/c I kind of liked it. Unfortunately i can't claim to have come up with that spelling intentionally.

Someone asked what he played at last year. I don't know but I did see that when we recruited him he was 215. I highly doubt he was much heavier than that last season.

:) I was writing from my iPhone and it showed up that way and I decided to press send b/c I kind of liked it. Unfortunately i can't claim to have come up with that spelling intentionally.

Someone asked what he played at last year. I don't know but I did see that when we recruited him he was 215. I highly doubt he was much heavier than that last season.
I think he was listed at 210 or 215.

According to latest Rivals article Sefo is over 230 lbs. now! That is good news. That dude is already tough as rain but with a more filled-out body he has a better chance to last the whole season. Hope the OL can protect him better, and would certainly like to see him run a bit more if he has the ability.

Allbuffs FIFY.

Back