What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo out 6-8 months (initial report)

I have nothing but respect for the courage, toughness and competitive desire that Sefo exhibits. The kind of young man that you want to see succeed.

I hope he can come back and compete for the starting position again, and if he can't I hope he can remain a leader that helps the team in other ways.

This is sad on a number of levels.

One is that Sefo is such a warrior, if he isn't playing it means he is injured, not just hurt. It had to hurt a lot last night but there he was on crutches cheering on his teammates. Character guy and leader.

Second is that in the last few games it was starting to look like he was taking a step forward, waiting for his reads and letting things develop instead of anticipating getting hit and dumping or running.

You can't do much without healthy feet. Not only will he be out but it will be hard for him to work on much in terms of mechanics with a bad foot. If it is the foot he throws off that's worse because QBs put a lot of pressure on that foot when they throw it so if it isn't healthy it will impact his entire motion.

Seems like a lot of guys who have that injury start having other stuff as well. Hope he can recover fully and get back to it for us healthy.

He is one tough SOB. He wanted to go back in the game, MM had to say no. Sefo gets ragged on a lot here, some of it rightly so, but if he doesn't get hurt I truly believe we win that game. He was playing lights out and is the real leader on this team. Knowing his toughness I'd be shocked if he wasn't ready for next year. He'll just play through the pain.
He played a quarter. The loss wasn't due to Apsay. Loss was due to fumble and blocked FG that gifted USC 14 points.

What gas Sefo done on 3 seasons to believe he wins that game with those mistakes?

I rag on Sefo but that injury is something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. I hope he heels but best case is he is back fall camp.

This allows the coaches to give Mntez and Apsat the reps they need and to see if either is more fit to start in 2016. After 2.5 years with Sefo we know what we have. Competitive but still a L.

He played a quarter. The loss wasn't due to Apsay. Loss was due to fumble and blocked FG that gifted USC 14 points.

What gas Sefo done on 3 seasons to believe he wins that game with those mistakes?

I rag on Sefo but that injury is something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. I hope he heels but best case is he is back fall camp.

This allows the coaches to give Mntez and Apsat the reps they need and to see if either is more fit to start in 2016. After 2.5 years with Sefo we know what we have. Competitive but still a L.
Shocking to see the loss put on someone other than the qb.

Oh piss off Darth. I haven't put the loss all on Sefo this year. I would like to say on 4th and 5 there are only 4 guys I want catching a pass: Spruce, Lee, Fields and Lindsay. Thought that was idiotic.
heh, ok then. At least you are consistent in one thing

Why? I think it'd bring a ton of competition to the position in 2017 with Montez being a RS Soph, Apsay being a RS Junior, Noyer coming off his RS year and Sefo being a 5th year Senior.

Five QBs is bad roster management.

Umm alrighty then....Uh back on topic Sefo is a warrior and I hope he can get healed up by next summer. Apsay looked good last night. I wonder how he will do with a week of prep. Sometimes guys who just jump in cold play better than a guy who has a week to prepare.

Not sure what Sefo could do to use the down time to his favor, but maybe some Zen guru will figure out a way for him to improve the little things that would allow him to reach his potential. Anyone have Hawk's number?

I wish him a fast and full recovery.

I have nothing but respect for the courage, toughness and competitive desire that Sefo exhibits. The kind of young man that you want to see succeed.

I hope he can come back and compete for the starting position again, and if he can't I hope he can remain a leader that helps the team in other ways.
Am I the only one that looks at Sefo and thinks "could he be an H-Back?" Think about it. The trick play possibilities make me giddy. The dude is tough. Chip blocks and release for short passes, then level a LB or safety witht e ball in his hands.....

To follow up my last post -
My kid watched Kung Fu Panda a lot, and I tend to morph "Sefo" to (Master) "Shifu."

image.jpeg image.jpeg
So maybe we can leave Blue Collar Dan out of our QB's Zenful realignment.

Sefo, meet Shifu. Come back when you have achieved enlightenment.

Why? I think it'd bring a ton of competition to the position in 2017 with Montez being a RS Soph, Apsay being a RS Junior, Noyer coming off his RS year and Sefo being a 5th year Senior.
To me, at that point in time, that would mean we don't have a better QB. Not sure how I see the upside at all and would probably incline that the coaches have done a horrendous job of recruiting the position in a 4-5 yr period.

Reportedly Sefo was 13 yards short of the Buff career record for passing yards. If he recovers at all it shouldn't be a problem to get that. Quite an accomplishment to essentially tie the record with 2 games left in his Junior year. Cody Hawkins, the current record-holder, got a lot of passing yards against second-strings during 'mop-up' time; much of Sefo's passing yards were gained during competitive games.

Every time I am reminded that Cody is our record holder I cringe a bit. Another one of seemingly infinite reasons I wish him the best of luck in recovering. Sefo is tough as nails. I'm glad he's a buff.

I truly think the staff found what Sefo is good at the last month or so. He seemed to finally excel in the power QB runs and the pass plays they called. Saying that, I'd like to say we have bad luck, but that would be a disservice to bad luck.

Hate to hear this for Sefo. Bummer. Could be a small blessing in disguise for the team though. Now Cade, Gehrke can go work on their skill sets under live fire while nothing is on the line. Let these guys get some valuable game exposure / experience and lets have a true QB competition this summer/fall/spring. We truly need to field a QB that can make a difference next season. I am saddened this is the way Sefo has to leave, but forcing the coaches hand to make the change, might be just what the team needed. This way no-one comes across as the bad guy with the hook.

GO BUFFS!

Not sure what Sefo could do to use the down time to his favor, but maybe some Zen guru will figure out a way for him to improve the little things that would allow him to reach his potential. Anyone have Hawk's number?

I wish him a fast and full recovery.

He can watch film...lots of film...and learn where he can do better reads.

I hope he comes back. He looked very, very polished against USC. He wanted to win...he was moving the ball and showing USC he wasn't afraid of them.
I'm excited about Apsay's throwing ability, but the run with Sefo was starting to be fun, as well.

Heal up soon, gonna need you!

He can watch film...lots of film...and learn where he can do better reads.

I hope he comes back. He looked very, very polished against USC. He wanted to win...he was moving the ball and showing USC he wasn't afraid of them.
I'm excited about Apsay's throwing ability, but the run with Sefo was starting to be fun, as well.

Heal up soon, gonna need you!

I agree. Sefo doesn't need more practice snaps at this point as his main thing for reaching his potential. What he needs is to see the field like an OC. Being basically a coach through the winter and spring could do more to raise his game than being a full practice participant would.

Meanwhile, Aspay and Montez need as many practice reps as they can get.

Blessing in disguise?

I think it could be.
If he can see what we see in the games (open TE's, other options getting open) he can become THAT much better.
He's got the size and desire to win...even has the talent....but I think watching Apsay thow with confidence and accuracy
and watching game film can only do more to help than hinder his game at this point.

Sefo needs to hone his game on the mental side. The injury allows him to focus 100% of his effort on that. This may be a huge boost next year. At the very least it increases the capability of our QB depth, which can only be a good thing.

get well, sefo. you are a true Buff.

these cover my sentiments exactly! Get better Sefo!

Reportedly Sefo was 13 yards short of the Buff career record for passing yards. If he recovers at all it shouldn't be a problem to get that. Quite an accomplishment to essentially tie the record with 2 games left in his Junior year. Cody Hawkins, the current record-holder, got a lot of passing yards against second-strings during 'mop-up' time; much of Sefo's passing yards were gained during competitive games.
Ummm, first year, not really. And he has been kept in games against second stringers often and he also sat behind Hansen at times. Sefo has had just as easy of a time getting to near the passing record. My hope is Sefo recovers and gets it in mop-up duty next year with Montez leading CU to a big victory against CSU.

Back