What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo yesterday and the future

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Truthfully I was pretty disappointed with Sefo for much of the game. It was not his best game but of course our OL, especially Nembot was like a sieve on pass blocking. But between his turnovers, missing a wide open Spruce, a wide open PRich on another play and under throwing PRich on that touchdown pass in the redzone it is clear he still has a lot more work to become a proficient passer.

But what you can't deny is that Sefo is a natural leader and he loves this team and hates to lose. We haven't had a QB the team and the rest of us could really rally behind in a long time. If you haven't seen it yet, check out his very emotional post-game interview:

[video=youtube_share;FoIiww3VyZ4]http://youtu.be/FoIiww3VyZ4[/video]

I agree. He made some mistakes. He kind of crapped the bed with that last minute INT but... he did help lead the team back from a 21-0 halftime score. His problems seem mechanical. The announcers in the booth yesterday kept talking about how his front leg would lock up and that leads to sailed passes. Hopefully he works on his mechanics, adds some weight and becomes a top Pac12 QB. The intangibles certainly seem like they're there.

Maybe HCMM can secure him a trip to the Manning passing academy like he did with Wood...

I cannot believe how well spoken he is. The man is a leader (I don't care if he is 19, he is so well spoken you find it hard not to believe he isn't in the NFL with a fairly polished interview like that). He wants to win, he doesn't point fingers in the media, but you know he doesn't accept excuses from his teammates...or from himself. I am glad that he stayed and came to CU...I shudder to think where we would be if he had bailed after JE was let go. I look forward to the next three years with him leading this team. yes, he made mistakes. Mistakes that most QBs get to work out in practice while redshirting and then riding the bench for another year or two. He came out of high school and was thrust into the meat of our schedule against ranked teams and did pretty damn good (especially when you consider the OL issues he had in front of him) We knew weeks ago that the Utah DL was pretty good (after disrupting Stanford so much) and as expected, they gave our OL troubles. If CU can shore up the OL and DL, I think we already have some good pieces in place to make a bowl next year. Including a good piece..a real leader at QB. That is so important for him to set the tone, and I think he already was doing that for the team for the off season.

I think Sefo can be a decent PAC 12 QB, but I'm not convinced he can be a top 3-4 QB in this league. He really had a rough day yesterday but I admire his toughness after taking a pretty good pounding most of the day.

I'm not sure leadership and heart have been what this team has been missing from the QB position over the years - Cody and Hansen both had heart and were good leaders. What we've been missing is talent, vision, athleticism, and accuracy. Does Sefo have all those things too besides just being a good leader? I hope so, but still hope we're recruiting the position hard.

You always recruit every position hard. You could have the next biggest future NFL hall of famer.....and he gets a career ending injury. You always recruit like you amazing starter won't make it to the end of the next season. if you are smart.

If sefo can take a step forward on his accuracy then we will have ourselves a qb!... O-line might want to at least get in the way of somebody as we'll!

Great kid. He will leave CU in a much better place than he found it. IMO he did very well as a true freshman considering we all expected him to redshirt. We have some young talent on this team that will only get better!

I was definitely skeptical about this kid, but he's become one of my favorites on this team. Need to shore up the line in front of him and surround him with some more weapons, but happy to have him at the helm.

Really carries himself well. I like how he points out the dumbass question at around 1:40. I think he's got a lot of upside we haven't seen yet. I'm comfortable with him as our QB for the next couple of years.

Dude was getting destroyed and kept getting up. Awesome vid. He'll replace PRich as my favorite player if he leaves

At 6'4'' and about 212 I'd love to see Sefo add some weight. He could at least look like a prototypical NFL QB by getting up to 225 or 230 which certainly seems doable. Our S&C staff is drawing rave reviews and this is a system that took an undersized and unknown JUCO QB like David Fales and made him a legit draft prospect. Depending on his combine/pro day, Fales could possibly work his way up to the first round (unlikely but I've seen mock drafts that put him there.)

Anyway, by all accounts, Wood has been a great influence on Sefo. Instead of pouting over losing the job, Wood's worked with him and really taken Sefo under his wing. He'll be a great backup QB to have around next season and there's a chance Sefo gets to go to the Manning academy this offseason. I think the future could be pretty bright for him, considering how he played fairly well this season.

Overall I was pretty impressed. He was inconsistent and struggled at times (1st half of te last two games notably) but he also showed some good things...

1. He's a true leader and the team responds to him and respects him
2. He hangs in there hit after hit and doesn't seem to flinch
3. The game wasn't too big or fast for him
4. He looks to have a promising future

Get him in the weight room and put 15 pounds on him before fall camp, have him hold the ball on some runs because I do think that he can run a little. He's not going to be a dual threat guy, but I think he can make the defense respect him on the outside with 5 carries or so a game, work on his footwork and timing and we'll see big improvements. I'm excited to have Sefo as our QB of the future and I'm excited that we finally seemed to have hit on a QB.

I like him, but I hope we are able to out recruit him. I'm convinced of his leadership, but still have serious questions on his development. If this staff can turn him into a top third pac12 QB and he doesn't get hurt behind our crappy OL Ill then believe we have found the right staff to turn around this dumpster fire.

Hard to project a true frosh QB with our line and lack of playmakers besides one stellar WR.

I like him, but I hope we are able to out recruit him. I'm convinced of his leadership, but still have serious questions on his development. If this staff can turn him into a top third pac12 QB and he doesn't get hurt behind our crappy OL Ill then believe we have found the right staff to turn around this dumpster fire.

Hard to project a true frosh QB with our line and lack of playmakers besides one stellar WR.

You have questions about his development? Dude, he was a true freshman playing behind an awful OL.

For the love of God, get this kid an OL.

This is the absolute question for next year.

Go back and look at yesterdays tape. How many of Sefo's bad throws came with pressure around his legs. Most of his bad deliveries, not only yesterday but all season have come when he has had to improvise due to not having space to correctly step through his throws. On a couple of the long throws that missed badly he was contorted like a potato chip while throwing the ball.

Adding some recieving threats to help take some of the loss of PRich would be nice but ultimately next years offense will be determined by the guys up front.

You have questions about his development? Dude, he was a true freshman playing behind an awful OL.

And you are the biggest homer on this site. Maybe he develops and maybe he doesn't. I know as much as you do. Jack ****. Guy could
Be the next Elway or not. Still would like to recruit a blue chip QB, but that's not going to happen.

Exactly, he's a freshman so he hasn't developed much yet. Will he? Who knows, but it's hard to be convinced that he definitely will become a top QB in this conference based on a little over half a season.

And you are the biggest homer on this site. Maybe he develops and maybe he doesn't. I know as much as you do. Jack ****. Guy could
Be the next Elway or not. Still would like to recruit a blue chip QB, but that's not going to happen.

I am a homer, but Lindgren has a good record with developing QBs. Not many true freshman QBs start at the D1 level, let alone in one of the best conferences. He has everything you want mentally in a QB (leadership and toughness), he has the height and will add the weight, and he seems to have a good grasp of the playbook already. His issues were mainly footwork and timing, both of which can be improved greatly with a lot of reps and coaching.

Back