What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo

Sefo runs this weekend, he's gotta know when to slide. He's getting hit too much. If he doesn't, y'all know what's most likely coming. He's gonna get pressured for sure Saturday, Michigan has some good dlinemen. Back end has some players too that will hit ya. Freaking slide,. It doesn't make you a pussy.

If Buffs get to a bowl game this year, it would probably be because Sefo plays smart and his leadership rallies the team. I would credit Sefo in his maturity that he may not have had if he did redshirt. Stuff happens for a reason. I think losing his redshirt in freshman year helped him mature much faster as a leader, getting voted Captain 3 yrs running. He probably also worked much harder this off season than if he didn't feel the pressure of this being his last season.

Unfortunately, leadership in a football team of course can't mask talent.

If Buffs fall flat again, it would probably be because of his turnovers. I would say it wouldn't have made a difference whether he redshirted or not. I would wish him the best and be happy this is his last year.

But honestly, why should we care? Only coz we might have a gap in QB talent for 2017. We will have only a true freshman, a redshirt freshman, and a redshirt sophmore with limited snaps. But that is life in college football. Starting QBs usually seldom last more than 3 yrs, either through graduation or going professional. Every school has to deal with uncertainty until the new season starts - so let's not waste time talking about "What if Sefo" till after the first game next year, when we can judge if the new QB can fill the shoes of a Pac 12 QB.

Sefo runs this weekend, he's gotta know when to slide. He's getting hit too much. If he doesn't, y'all know what's most likely coming. He's gonna get pressured for sure Saturday, Michigan has some good dlinemen. Back end has some players too that will hit ya. Freaking slide,. It doesn't make you a *****.
Flip ya for real?

Sefo runs this weekend, he's gotta know when to slide. He's getting hit too much. If he doesn't, y'all know what's most likely coming. He's gonna get pressured for sure Saturday, Michigan has some good dlinemen. Back end has some players too that will hit ya. Freaking slide,. It doesn't make you a *****.

Not gonna happen. Sefo is who he is, and all the coaches telling him to slide haven't had an impact so far and I don't expect them to start Saturday. I just hope he is the actual Samoan Achilles whose mother dipped him in the Pacific all the way to his ankles so the only vulnerable parts of his body are his feet.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. Sefo is who he is, and all the coaches telling him to slide haven't had an impact so far and I don't expect them to start Saturday. I just hope he is the actual Samoan Achilles whose mother dipped him in the Pacific all the way to his ankles so the only vulnerable part of his body is his feet.
Yeah that's my fear as well. I just hope he ends up listening. Have a feeling he'll get beat up a bit Saturday.

Not gonna happen. Sefo is who he is, and all the coaches telling him to slide haven't had an impact so far and I don't expect them to start Saturday. I just hope he is the actual Samoan Achilles whose mother dipped him in the Pacific all the way to his ankles so the only vulnerable part of his body is his feet.
Holy Greek mythology reference, Batman.

So...if sefo goes down this week. A bigger, stronger Montez comes in and guides buffs to victory. How could the story get any better?

So...if sefo goes down this week. A bigger, stronger Montez comes in and guides buffs to victory. How could the story get any better?

So you got what you wanted.... Not really.

Anything to add?

I'll add that Sefo is better this year than anyone could have objectively assumed, that the throw to Fields proves that he's an absolute warrior of the first quality, and that our season is ****ed without him.

I think we need to give more credit to Sefo's amazing performance today and be a little more realistic as to why he looked so much better than Montez.

Sefo has improved immensely from last year to this year. I'm guessing it's all the time he spent rehabbing, studying film, and practicing his mechanics since his surgery.

More importantly, Sefo's seen a lot over the past 3+ years. He's played against some great Pac-12 competition, a lot of fast defenses, and a lot of guys that are now playing in Sundays, or will be soon.

That experience against that kind of opponent in hostile environments is one of the things that allowed him to play so well today, I guarantee it. He's not necessarily Cool Hand Luke, but his experience has made him better in thise situations.

So then you take Montez. He's never played in a hostile stadium. He's never played against P5 competition, much less elite P5 competition. People want to say the playcalling was ****ty or the QB prep was ****ty, but I think that's a cop out. Montez was simply overwhelmed, which isn't actually all that uncommon when RS freshman QBs come into those situations, especially when the other team is more talented than his team.

Back