What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo

I know I'm saying nothing new here, and essentially repeating your point...

...but the ESPN agenda has become such a disservice to a great game.

Every Saturday great moments are lost and stories are untold, I'm certain, because they don't fit the convenient narrative.

100% agree.

Every Saturday great moments are lost and stories are untold, I'm certain, because they don't fit the convenient narrative.

EDIT: Which isn't to say that Brady and Harbs (JFC) tossing isn't a great story.

I'm really stating to loath ESPN. I'll watch the live games, but I avoid the rest of their programming and analysis like the plague.

EDIT: Which isn't to say that Brady and Harbs (JFC) tossing isn't a great story.
This. CFB should be about great stories about the kids. ESPN sucks...its all about the big names and predetermined narratives.

ESPN didn't even show teh USAFA uniforms when they played in the tiger squadron designs.
Horrible coverage by an 'elite' show.

Does espin perpetuate the widening gap between the have's and have not's? Do the big programs, especially the "espn" schools, benefit in the recruiting wars by the added publicity espn provides? I guess that for that to be true, recruits would have to be "impressed" by school recruiting them being highlighted on espn vs a school that is not. I guess what I'm asking is, how much does it hurt CU in recruiting that we don't get any national pub?

Here's some good pub from SB Nation, albeit with a few backhanded compliments thrown in there.
5. Michigan
Beating Colorado might mean something this year, since a 45-28 score doesn’t really reflect just how hard Michigan had to scratch just to get out from under an early Buffaloes lead. This is all a covert way to compliment Colorado in a losing effort, since Colorado being good is good for college football, something I just made up because I like any excuse to go to Folsom Field and stare at the Flatirons while watching a football game under the influence of nothing but life itself. What I’m saying is that Colorado might be pretty good this year for their standards, and sure, Michigan is a better team and rankings should reflect that.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...lle-cardinals-football-rankings-lamar-jackson

I think fans didn't understand how much his injury effected him. They blamed his slow release and accuracy on his ability to read a D and not on his inability to plant and throw. Hopefully they now see he hadn't regressed, but was just hurt. That said, fans will see what they want.

Actually they just like to bitch because anything less then 12-0 is always unacceptable.

I hope that this injury will finally convince him to protect himself a little more. Stop trying to run the ball like a fullback. Take what you can get and slide or get out of bounds. If nothing else try to slip the hit instead of taking it straight on.

Sefo is much more important to this team than the extra few yards he gets trying to challenge tacklers.

Now this is a legitimate on knock on him. He helps us more with his arm and those great completions we had then with his feet. Maybe we should give him shoes with no studs on them so he slips when he tries to run (kidding). I get it that it gives the opposing defense something else to worry about but whens he subtracted from the equation we lost the game.

I'm really stating to loath ESPN. I'll watch the live games, but I avoid the rest of their programming and analysis like the plague.

Yep. I havent watched sports center in a decade. I occasionally watch game day. But now that fowler is gone I kind of have given up on that too

Now this is a legitimate on knock on him. He helps us more with his arm and those great completions we had then with his feet. Maybe we should give him shoes with no studs on them so he slips when he tries to run (kidding). I get it that it gives the opposing defense something else to worry about but whens he subtracted from the equation we lost the game.

And I'm not even saying to stop running, just to be more careful with what happens at the end of the runs. Take the slide or the sideline. I'd rather have a 6 yard gain and a healthy QB than an 8 yard gain and scrape him up off the field.

As long as Lee "The Human Ass Clown" Corso is given any platform to spout his ignorance I wont watch anything they do on Gameday

As long as Lee "The Human Ass Clown" Corso is given any platform to spout his ignorance I wont watch anything they do on Gameday

I like Lee. It's more fun when he is on there. I used to be the other way, but I've learned to appreciate the guys like Vitale and Corso with their schtick. Realization hit me when Madden retired and I realized how dry and boring NFL broadcasts were compared to what he had brought. It's too corporate without the characters, even when their acts start to get tired. JMO

Rewatched the game again, man did our QBs start taking shots from the D from about 2nd half of 2Q thru the rest of the game (either right after or during release of the ball). O-line needs to hold their blocks just a little longer or something that's gotta hurt.

I have always like Lee as well but unfortunately he is getting to a point where he can barely put sentences together on camera anymore. Definitely time to move on but he is the kind of legend for game day that gets to pick when he leaves. It is also a spot that will be filled by Spurrier, Miles, Saban or Meyer, whoever has the best timing.

Man, that's pretty harsh criticism for a guy who really doesn't do anything but provide some humorous opinions on college football and create a "fun" spectacle when making his game picks. It's actually very weird that you seem to hate him so much.

I like Lee. It's more fun when he is on there. I used to be the other way, but I've learned to appreciate the guys like Vitale and Corso with their schtick. Realization hit me when Madden retired and I realized how dry and boring NFL broadcasts were compared to what he had brought. It's too corporate without the characters, even when their acts start to get tired. JMO

This. Corso is amusing. Certainly a clown but in a good way. He is, wait for it, an entertainer. Reese Davis, Al Michaels, are nice voices describing paint dyring.

Rewatched the game again, man did our QBs start taking shots from the D from about 2nd half of 2Q thru the rest of the game (either right after or during release of the ball). O-line needs to hold their blocks just a little longer or something that's gotta hurt.

Michigan might have been waiting for Sefo the INT machine show up. I guess they failed to factor in the shoulder injury when they watched last years film on him. So, they turned up the pressure when they went to plan B. Theyre lucky to have won that game. They werent doing much on offense.

I have always like Lee as well but unfortunately he is getting to a point where he can barely put sentences together on camera anymore. Definitely time to move on but he is the kind of legend for game day that gets to pick when he leaves. It is also a spot that will be filled by Spurrier, Miles, Saban or Meyer, whoever has the best timing.

Maybe,

ESPN has started to go on the cheap with talent. Many of the higher priced names have been encouraged to leave to be replaced with cheaper less known people. They are also stretching a lot of them thin with a lot more time on air.

If the price is right they would still take one of the guys you named but they probably wouldn't break the bank just to get one either.

I used to like Corso a lot, but he was a sad version of himself years ago when he first came back to the show. Unwatchable for me. I quit cable not long after that and haven't missed the gameday show.

Back