What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo's game today

That literally just happened. What do u think the point of the stats were?
To show how he was doing compared to other QBs around the nation? Never got the feeling that We was claiming Sefo's greatness.

I think he's a legit p5 qb. He needs to be a system guy which means he needs the right guys around him. I wouldn't put him in the top half at all in the p12. There are some really good individual athlete qbs in this conference. But I honestly think we can win with sefo -- we need at least one elite rb plus a power 5 te, plus a few more ol and at least one more wr.

I think he's a legit p5 qb. He needs to be a system guy which means he needs the right guys around him. I wouldn't put him in the top half at all in the p12. There are some really good individual athlete qbs in this conference. But I honestly think we can win with sefo -- we need at least one elite rb plus a power 5 te, plus a few more ol and at least one more wr.
so almost an entirely new offense?

We need a decent TE and speed at RB for this offense to take the next step.

So the game was completely uninspiring. The last series was awkward and dangerous. But there were some positives for sure. Sefo was one of those. He made a couple bad throws with the wind at his back, I think a couple may have sailed on him due to the wind though. He made some very pretty deep passes. That strike to spruce was beautiful.

The game should have been dominated from the beginning, but IMO something clicked for them in the 4th. Either our "depth" finally started wearing down UMass, or the stuff the coaches have been preaching started making sense. For example one play where a TE got wide open in the endzone, but UMass missed, Thompson chewed out Olugbode and after that play he really started doing some good things out there.

We are going to get crushed by ASU, but I saw some things turning in the 4th that I didn't expect to see. I am praying that some schemes and assignments are starting to click and that maybe a couple teams this year.

Sefo getting so love from Phil Steele...

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/SEP14/DBSep18.html

QB Sefo Liufau, Colorado – The Buffaloes have finally found a QB in Liufau who has attempted at least 39 passes per game in ’14 with an 8-3 ratio which included a 318 yard performance against UMass in week 2. Hawaii now makes their first trip to the mainland this season after 3 straight home games. In their last meeting with the P12 (Oregon St week 2) the Rainbow Warriors allowed 300 pass yds in their 38-30 defeat. With a plethora of solid WR’s at his disposal, Liufau should surpass that 300-yard plateau for the 2nd time this year.

Despite this thread and the one that 'Tini started, I can guarantee we haven't seen the end of people pointing toward Spruce's punt returns and Sefo's QB play as things they're pissed off about.

Despite this thread and the one that 'Tini started, I can guarantee we haven't seen the end of people pointing toward Spruce's punt returns and Sefo's QB play as things they're pissed off about.

Sefo is a damn good QB. Not a world beater, but a QB you can win with at this level.

Sefo is going to have ups and downs, but damn, I still can't believe that someone started a thread agitating for the backup quarterback. That is going to really piss me off during his Senior year when we win the South.

Sefo is going to have ups and downs, but damn, I still can't believe that someone started a thread agitating for the backup quarterback. That is going to really piss me off during his Senior year when we win the South.

When you say "his" do you mean Gehrke or Sefo?

Don't get the Sefo hate either. Great QB's have errant throws all the time, Sefo obviously not excluded.

Sefo could play on Sundays.
If he can throw 28+ TD's this year, I'm expecting a south title by the end of his career.

Everybody would love to have the next great QB, an Andrew Luck or even a Blake Bortles or Johny Football.

There just aren't very many of those guys out there.

In Sefo we have a guy who given support is good enough to win. Not great but better than a lot of higher ranked teams above us have at the moment.

No team wants to be without a decent back-up and Gehrke is showing signs that he can be that guy. Still, he is a long way from showing that Sefo should be benched in favor of him.

Not surprising though because we are 1-2 and the common refrain among fans when results aren't what you want is "change the QB." Happens at every level.

Everybody is fascinated with the dual threat QB in college football. I really think it clouds peoples judgment at times thinking "they" have to have a dual threat. Sefo will be a good QB in time.

I don't expect the south to stay weak forever. Usc will be down for a while, UCLA has ups and downs but could and should be better. Utahs in the no hoper category. Asu and Arizona have ups and downs. When we started the big XII, the north was much stronger. Things changed a lot. The same won't happen again to the same extreme, but I predict the south will get stronger over time.

I don't expect the south to stay weak forever. Usc will be down for a while, UCLA has ups and downs but could and should be better. Utahs in the no hoper category. Asu and Arizona have ups and downs. When we started the big XII, the north was much stronger. Things changed a lot. The same won't happen again to the same extreme, but I predict the south will get stronger over time.

So you're saying the South will rise?

Back