What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Seismic policy shift frees Air Force Academy grads to pursue pro sports without 2-year commitment"

What rock have you been living under?

CU and AFA have a home & home football series scheduled for 2019 and 2022. It was announced, and widely discussed months ago...

Yes I do remember that.
I should have expounded upon my thoughts.

I think it would be cool to have some type of trophy/award that would be like the commander in chief trophy. Have all three teams play each other every year
with the award going to the one iwth the best record in those three games.

Do you think they are just going for more revenue to support other programs? I hope not.

Yes I do remember that.
I should have expounded upon my thoughts.

I think it would be cool to have some type of trophy/award that would be like the commander in chief trophy. Have all three teams play each other every year
with the award going to the one iwth the best record in those three games.
No.

Terrible idea, especially for CU. Terrible for AFA. Maybe good idea for Lammies.

CU only has 3 non-conference games a year, and you're seriously suggesting that they fill two of those with AFA & CSU every year?

AFA gets four non-conference games a year. 2 of those are Navy and Army, so they really only have 2, and you're really suggesting that they fill one of those with CU every year?

No.

Terrible idea, especially for CU. Terrible for AFA. Maybe good idea for Lammies.

CU only has 3 non-conference games a year, and you're seriously suggesting that they fill two of those with AFA & CSU every year?

AFA gets four non-conference games a year. 2 of those are Navy and Army, so they really only have 2, and you're really suggesting that they fill one of those with CU every year?

AFA's non-conference scheduling is: Army, Navy, 1 national highlight game vs P5, 1 patsy for homecoming. This scheduling format is so important to them that they were able to keep the MWC from going to a 9-game league game format. Zoomies would not agree to lock in CU every year as its national highlight game. They want to be able to mix in Notre Dame and others as they have historically done.

AFA's non-conference scheduling is: Army, Navy, 1 national highlight game vs P5, 1 patsy for homecoming. This scheduling format is so important to them that they were able to keep the MWC from going to a 9-game league game format. Zoomies would not agree to lock in CU every year as its national highlight game. They want to be able to mix in Notre Dame and others as they have historically done.
There are only two ways any service Academy ever agrees to a nine game conference schedule: 1. if another service Academy is also in the conference or 2. thirteen game schedule. It's a deal breaker for them, and rightly so.

This is all correct.

In addition the AFA with reason sees themselves as a national institution. The want their P5 game to be one that enhances their national profile both in terms of quality of opponent and of attention outside the Rocky Mountain Region. CU is not a fit for them.

Also we have been clamoring for years to get rid of the CSU game, a game which does much more for CSU than it does us.

Why would we want to lock ourselves into playing not one but two MWC schools each year that have much more to gain from beating us than we do from beating them.

I could go for the idea in basketball or something similar in terms of a Front Range Championship including CU, one MWC school (CSU,AFA, Wyo,) Denver, and UNC.
If you wanted to make it a little bigger you could add New Mexico State, UTEP, one of the Dakota Schools, and the top D2 in the region like Metro.

In football our non-conference games need to either provide us with a high national profile meaning someone recognized nationally or an easy win. CSU and AFA provide neither.

This will not sit well with the rank and file members of the academy that are a scholarship level talent. They get a very expensive free education, because they are among the best and the brightest, and in return they serve their country. Possibly making a career of it. I suspect that it will cause division and disrespect among the students. It'll be even more entertaining when an athletes career ends and he reports to duty with a superior officer or CO that was a classmate whose been working his ass off while he played football.

1. Mercenaries make great mercenaries.

2. If they join the Pac 12, then I'll update my "most hated school in the Pac" post.

3. At least we won't have to listen to announcers poop all over themselves while discussing the amazing sacrifice of the great young men on the field committed to defending the Constitution. 'Cause, you know, many will be there for perfectly selfish reasons.

What a horrible idea.
Fuch you

Back