What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior bowl day 2 practice, Solder and Brown

Meh Bannan and Brayton are average at best (4 of these guys were on one team). Hopefully we can double our # this year if Jalil, Jimmy, and Solder do well

Meh Bannan and Brayton are average at best (4 of these guys were on one team). Hopefully we can double our # this year if Jalil, Jimmy, and Solder do well

Avg current NFL players...but C'MON, seriously?

Bannan has played for 13 years and Brayton for 11 (and was drafted in the 1st round).....you gotta be good, very good, to stick around for that long.

Here is a list of CU players in the NFL. Some pretty good ones: Michael Lewis, Terrance Wheatley, Donald Strickland, Brian Iwuh to name a few not mentioned

Justin BannanDenver BroncosDefensive EndTyler BraytonCarolina PanthersDefensive EndMason CrosbyGreen Bay PackersPlace kickerJordon DizonDetroit LionsLinebackerJustin DrescherNew Orleans SaintsLong SnapperDaniel GrahamDenver BroncosTight EndAndre GurodeDallas CowboysCenterBrian IwuhChicago BearsLinebackerBrad JonesGreen Bay PackersLinebackerMichael LewisSt. Louis RamsSafetyTyler PolumbusSeattle SeahawksOffensive TackleDaniel SandersBaltimore RavensCenterDonald StricklandSan Diego ChargersCornerbackLawrence VickersCleveland BrownsFullbackTerrence WheatleyJacksonville JaguarsCornerback

Here's a nice bit from Wednesday:

North/A.M. Practice

It would have to go down as one of the most unusual sites of the week. Monster OT Nate Solder (Colorado) was leading a sweep to the left, all 6-8 ¼, 319 pounds of him in full pads. Coming up to try to stop the run was CB Kendric Bruney (North Carolina), all 5-9, 181 pounds.
But hand it to Bruney, he did not bail out of his run support. He engaged and bit Solder in the ankles … no I’m kidding there, but it would have been a great scene. Solder put his hand on Bruney’s shoulder and the cornerback fell to the ground. Luckily, Solder did not fall on him, because given the nearly one-inch and 138-pound advantage they may have needed a backhoe to come on the field to dig the little man out.
“That’s football,” Bruney said after practice. “You can’t run away from stuff like that. It’s what makes the game fun.”

Hate to say it, but Solder allowed an easy sack, and Jalil got burned at least once. I only got to see a bit of the 1st quarter before two antsy boys meant a switch to Finding Nemo. :huh:

1st Half:

Jalil gave up a big play but he actually had perfect coverage on an underthrown ball that the WR came back to and caught. He also has had very good coverage the other times he's been thrown to (2 incs - he played every snap) Jalil is playing special teams as well and made a nice tackle on punt coverage. Solder gave up a sack to Acho (got beat very badly) and recovered the ensuing fumble. He only played 3 series and 7 snaps in 1st half.

2nd half:

Solder looked lost on a QB read option play, got beat by Von Miller who got to QB. Also one play where Solder pulled too far on a toss left and the MLB got inside of him for an easy tackle. On most plays, Nate did his job pretty well. Solder really only had one "wow" play, where he got upfield a little on a WR screen and nailed a DB. Jalil played most of the 2nd half but wasn't thrown to that I could tell, looked good in coverage.

I guess I'd give Jalil about a B+ and Nate a B-.

Von Miller the best guy on the field. The QB play was not good, nor was the coaching (Bills/Bengals staffs).

Last edited:
Ugh. I ****ing hate Von Miller. I hope that dick breaks his leg before the Combine.

I just saw the end of the third and the fourth. From what I saw, they both looked good. Luckily or not luckily, the last TD against our side near the end happened against another CB. As a matter of fact, if Jalil had been in on that play, he'd have had a pick six. For sure. Not a doubt in my mind.

Solder also had a very dominating run block on the only running TD the North team scored. On whatever down and goal from the 1 yard line he ended up pushing his guy at least halfway through the endzone. They ran his direction and scored easily. Other than that, I didn't see it. They ran a lot of bootlegs away from him and on those plays he just kinda ran sideways and didn't hit anybody.

I don't think Solder helped himself very much today. This coming from somebody who's always been kind of a Solder hater. Still rooting for ya buddy, get drafted high by some retarded team ;)

Jalil Brown I thought played pretty well. He had a couple pretty good tackles, I thought he maintained outside containment on other runs pretty well. But he also struggled to get off a couple blocks and missed a tackle or two when he was coming into the middle of the field to tackle a RB.

The fact that the DBs were only allowed to play back 10 yards off of the LOS until they were inside the 10 puts a huge constraint on seeing the full abilities of the team. In rush support and passing.

Back