What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sent my email to Bohn

I sent Bohn an email and had a reply within 2 minutes. Mostly generic, but actually touched on some of the themes of my email. I have to say, while I'm not a fan of the football coach, I really do like Bohn as AD.

I sent Bohn an email and had a reply within 2 minutes. Mostly generic, but actually touched on some of the themes of my email. I have to say, while I'm not a fan of the football coach, I really do like Bohn as AD.

yep...me too. I'll re-post our exchange here. I sent it this afternoon and had a reply in 5 minutes. Thought it was interesting that he didnt mention the program being on the upswing like every other exchange ive EVER had with him. Also think the line about "the program is bigger than one individual" is pretty interesting.

First let me say, I hope I'm not getting a form letter response. My patience, willingness to essentially throw away money on monetarily worthless season tickets and support of all things CU should warrant a well thought out response at the minimum sir.

Being a young alum (fresh out of CU) coupled with the current economic climate that we face, buying season tickets is a tough sell to the girlfriend every year. CU season tickets take up a large percentage of my discretionary income. The only way I can justify this expense to my significant other is that I'll sell the games I dont go to and help get back some of our investment. That has not been the case this year with $10 ticket sales, 2 for 1 homecoming tickets, etc. My point of this email is not to complain about promotions, I want to see a full stadium every saturday and I fully appreciate that you are able to do that despite the marketability (or lack thereof) of this team (see 2-5). Thank you!

What I really want to dive into is the reason tickets have to be sold 2 for 1 for homecoming? The product on the field is awful and that boils down to its head coach. There is absolutely NO passion on this team. None. The team had a real chance to take the drivers seat in the North last weekend and couldnt have cared less. I think I saw coach doze off at one point. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. Lets stay out of football strategy and how there, for instance, is zero adjustments made at halftime under the current coaching regime, Hawkins treatment of the media and fans are absolutely unacceptable. I love our University, Mr Bohn,and would probably donate and buy season tickets consistently even if we were winless. It's not THIS years record that is challenging my support, financially and otherwise. Its the body of work that this coaching staff has put together, their attitudes towards the fans and media and the lack of passion that is displayed. I wont be renewing my tickets if Dan Hawkins is our coach next year, and it takes an incredible amount for me to say that.

Thanks for all that you do,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am in receipt of your note and fully understand your frustration. We will keep working hard to improve in all facets of the program. Loyal supporters and fans like you are integral to our success and I urge you to stay with us. Young alumni like you are important to us. The program is bigger that any one individual. Recruiting is going well and having a good solid base of supporters makes a big difference.

MB

interesting. here is my email and the response.

Mr. Bohn,

I have written you once before and you responded with a form letter. I therefore assume you are pretty busy so I will keep this very brief.

I am done attending games, watching games on television, buying licensed merchandise, paying for Buffs TV or donating to the school and the athletic department until Coach Hawkins is gone.

Sean Spradling
class of '95
----------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am in receipt of your note. We will keep working hard to build a program we can all be proud of. I fully understand your dissatisfaction, however, programs are built by many constituents and I urge you to stay with the Buffs for the long term. MB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some similarities but I bet he is having to reply to thousands of emaisl right now and may just be running out of **** to say

The fact that Bohn is even attempting to answer each email personally (and you can't do that and write much, and some will be slightly changed, somw will be the same-- how many different ways can you say the same thing?) gives me even more respect for him. I thought hawk was a home run hire-- he sure looked and sounded the part. Unfortunatly, he is all talk and no walk. Lesson learned for the next hire.

I bet Bohn isn't answering these e-mails. Want to bet there's some student sitting at a PC with about 10 different form letters that's being copied & pasted as answers.

2-3 years ago I sent Bohn an email questioning why the CU-KU and CU-CSU basketball game(s) in Boulder were always played at the end of the December holidays (first week or second week in January) when no students were on campus. he responded with that was something he'd approached the conference about (KU) in his first year vis a vis scheduling and it did, in fact, change.

however, the response i was in receipt of took 2-3 weeks. so, yeah, this stuff is form letter/minor league damage control from work-study or student interns in the AD.

You guys are seriously upset that he is not scripting completely different responses for each of your identical emails???

You guys are seriously upset that he is not scripting completely different responses for each of your identical emails???

Bohn in all likelihood has a separate email from the one you guys are using for day to day business since this debacle started. I care to guess his assistant is inundated trying to keep up with all these emails. You shouldn't be offended.

Back