What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 17 - Colorado @ Colorado State (Denver)

I think its WAY to early to be making those types of judgments about Thomas. The kid didn't turn 19 until week 5 of the season last year. His release was slow last season because he struggled to recognize defenses at times. That's not uncommon for any young QB. I saw Thomas at the spring game and his overall game looks improved, he has a nice deep ball and he is accurate, which is something you can't coach. Time will tell how he improves to the point many CSU fans hope, but at this stage of his career, he is a smart and competetive kid who has a chance to take a nice step forward this year with some improved line play.

I will believe it when I see it. I saw him play in about 5-6 games last season and I did not see any hints of greatness there. I also think his accuracy (especially as shown by completion percentage) are misleading. He had a nice completion percentage as a freshman, but his YPA sucked.

As the resident Ram fan I will give you my two cents.

* QB - Pete Thomas is what he is right now. Very accurate when given time, but he holds onto the ball to long. If Fairchild has shown anything, its that he can develop QBs. I think Thomas will take a nice step forward this year.

Huh????? Fairchild's best year was with all of Sonny's kids. He what has he developed? 2-14 in conference play the last 2 seasons and 6-18 since he arrived.

Fairchild makes DII look like effing Vince Lombardi.

Anyone that can get the 2008 version of Billy Ferris to look like a competent QB and into an NFL camp deserves some props. I am not saying the overall results are great, but SF has shown an ability with QBs. You can't take that away from him.

CSU could be catching CU flat footed. If CU wins it's first two games, there's a good chance it'll be looking forward to the game against Ohio State the following week. That could be dangerous.

CSU could be catching CU flat footed. If CU wins it's first two games, there's a good chance it'll be looking forward to the game against Ohio State the following week. That could be dangerous.
With these coaches, doubt it.

I'd say this statement had some validity if HaLkins was still the coach.

Plus, you know they'll be fired up coming off a loss to Northern.

CSU is the bye week.

With these coaches, doubt it.

See how easy it is to make that mistake? McFrump, I see what you did there.

I'd say this statement had some validity if HaLkins was still the coach.

I just realized this when I was looking at CSU's results from last year, but they are coming into this season fresh off a 44-0 ass whooping from the hands of mighty Wyoming, WYOMING!!! OUCH!:lol:

I just get there really early. I'd rather wait in the stadium than in traffic.

We'll show up as soon as they open up the gates. For an 11:30 game, that probably means 8:00 AM. Gawd, I hate Invesco/Sports Authoritah/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit Stadium. HATE IT.

Usually this is a competitive game between the two schools but last year's game might have been a turning point in the rivalry since CU easily beat CSU last season. Given that a good number of starters are back this season, this year's game could be another easy win over the Rams.

Everything can look pretty promising in Ft. Collins but that 44-0 beating by Wyoming is a gentle reminder that CSU will probably have a new coach next season.

We'll show up as soon as they open up the gates. For an 11:30 game, that probably means 8:00 AM. Gawd, I hate Invesco/Sports Authoritah/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit Stadium. HATE IT.

I'll bring the Zima.

P.S. Is it now considered a tradition that someone at the sackygate drinks your victory beers before the Mile High game?

Ugh - I will be there at 8:15 then. At least it shouldn't be quite as hot.

Back