What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 17 - Colorado @ Colorado State (Denver)

I'm really not sure what to think about this game. It's definitely our last "winnable" game on the schedule. I'm just not sure what to think about how the team will perform at Invesco/Sports authority...whatever.

We've handled them pretty easily last season, but I never count them out of these games. It's their super bowl.

Normally I agree, but I am thinking the Buffs are going into this game with the mental edge. We are desperate for a win and don't like the lammies. I don't know why, and usually I don't feel this confident, but I am calling for a 2001 type ass-kicking.

I'm really not sure what to think about this game. It's definitely our last "winnable" game on the schedule. I'm just not sure what to think about how the team will perform at Invesco/Sports authority...whatever.

We've handled them pretty easily last season, but I never count them out of these games. It's their super bowl.

I'm with you....Buffs have yet to prove over a long period of time that any game is a guaranteed W....would love to see them absolutely annihilate the Rams, and with the injuries they've sustained this is every bit more likely, but until I see it really have no basis to be comfortable about this one.

Did the Rams really use a shot of Boulder to sell their university? :lol:

[video=youtube;TDMEkWKYW30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDMEkWKYW30&feature=related[/video]
[video=youtube;1yPe3U4HXuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPe3U4HXuk&feature=related[/video]

I wouldn't bet any money on any buff game ever
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

[h=1]Colorado Daily – CSU[/h] [h=2]Colorado State - 2011 Season[/h]
September 11th
Colorado State earns Pyrrhic victory over Northern Colorado
Colorado State is 2-0; Colorado is 2-0.

One has momentum borne from celebrating victory; the other has doubts borne out of the inability to close out a victory in the fourth quarter.

It was not all high fives in the Ram locker room Saturday, though, despite the 33-14 win over Northern Colorado.

Four Colorado State players, including star linebacker Mychal Sisson, suffered potentially season-ending injuries.

Starting fullback Austin Gillmore went down with a right knee injury on CSU’s first offensive play, defensive tackle Scott Carter also suffered what appeared to a right-knee injury, and even Gillmore’s backup, Jake Levin, left the game early with a knee injury.
http://www.cuatthegame.com/2011/colorado-daily-colorado-state/

So - CSU was already very weak at DLine, and now they've lost a DT and a DE for the season, as well as an LB? Additionally, their OLine is undersized and inexperienced if I remember, and they lost two FBs? That could have a big effect on protection for pistol pete - especially with the various blitz packages that Brown has instituted.

And they have a host of other players suspended? Are those kids going to be back?

So - CSU was already very weak at DLine, and now they've lost a DT and a DE for the season, as well as an LB? Additionally, their OLine is undersized and inexperienced if I remember, and they lost two FBs? That could have a big effect on protection for pistol pete - especially with the various blitz packages that Brown has instituted.

And they have a host of other players suspended? Are those kids going to be back?

I'm not sure about the suspended players, but I'd be careful getting too confident with all the DLineman that are going to miss this game. When they beat us in Folsom in 09, they had a very young line, and still managed to dominate the LOS.

I'm never confident about this game - but would still like to analyze it :smile2:

Back