What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 24, 1994...

Grew up in a household where the parents had the Texas A&M game on every Saturday but as the team was hit with a TV ban that year (which I don't remember at all), I was likely playing Super NES or attempting to build a fort in the backyard and ruining their fence in the process. Wish I could go back in time and see this live. For a regular season game, this and 62-36 are the tops.

I was 8, and had a friend's birthday party to go to during the game. I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when he picked me up from that party.....had this goofy "Wait til you see what happened" grin on his face. He taped it, and we went home and watched the ABC telecast-Keith Jackson's call still gives me goosebumps. I got to meet Michael Westbrook the week after the catch in Austin......had a picture taken with him. He's smiling for the camera with an arm around me, and I'm in awe of his hands-they were that freaking big.

Was watching the game in Alamosa while in college with a buddy of mine who is a big Nebraska fan and he was talking mad **** the entire game until that final play and then he heard about it until that stupid game in Lincoln

I was in a bar in San Diego (place in PB called the Daily Planet). The place exploded when the catch was made. So loud you couldn't hear the person shouting next to you. I remember one of the bar girls freaked out because she didn't know what happened and thought that someone was getting hurt.

Too young but heard about it from my dad who worked with a corn fan that he hated. I think he was extremely excited to go back to work on monday.

They showed it on 4 and interviewed Mac about it. He is still in awe of how far KS threw the ball. He said hardly any QB would even attempt to throw a ball that far these days. Just watching Kordell, with his back foot on the 27, launch that puppy and to see, again, the perfect spiral and perfect arch and perfect tip and perfect catch, just WOW!

You know, I think we've paid the price for that good fortune and the "5th Down" play. Time for the football gods to take their cleats off our throats and let us breath again.

You know, I think we've paid the price for that good fortune and the "5th Down" play. Time for the football gods to take their cleats off our throats and let us breath again.

Believe the same. Football Gods are close to this result for us. Not ready to call the bottom, but it sure seems like we might already be pulling the nose of the plane into a climb.

Especially for those who have never experienced anything else but mediocrity.

Heck we all could use some sunshine every once in a while :nod: Historic games attended CU 001.JPG

Last edited:
The key was a pack of CU fans down by the field going wild.
Priceless!

That was us. Unbelievable moment. The ball was coming straight at us. As it got tipped in the air I started standing up, saw Westbrook grab it and was screaming my head off before he ever hit the ground. We're on TV right at the end. That's me at 4:14, white T-Shirt, blue backpack, index finger in the air. Hard to believe it's been 20 years already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8

That was us. Unbelievable moment. The ball was coming straight at us. As it got tipped in the air I started standing up, saw Westbrook grab it and was screaming my head off before he ever hit the ground. We're on TV right at the end. That's me at 4:14, white T-Shirt, blue backpack, index finger in the air. Hard to believe it's been 20 years already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8

Wish I had a picture of that pod. You were way louder than the entire stadium. It was downright surreal. Ha! :bowdown:

I like the Nebraska game memorabilia. I have the same thing picture of the scoreboard, my ticket stub....but I also picked some grass off the field and kept it with my ticket. I've never rushed a field after a game but had to after that a** whipping. Whole game was surreal. I then went on to win tickets to the BigXII championship game on 850KOA, tickets, airfare and hotel. That game was fun too....Bill Owens sat behind us at the game. The Texas fans were appalled at us singing F em Up F em Up Go CU walking into the stadium.

I was living on Pleasant Street with 3 buddies at the time, in a ramshackle house, we had a party, maybe 20-30 people there. Keg of something, maybe Buffalo Gold? I was pretty ****faced by the end. When it happened, I jumped up and when I came down, my hiking boot punched a hole in our floor. Damn near broke my ankle. Thankfully my system was coursing with adrenaline, booze and weed. Didn't really feel it until the next day. People were pouring out into the street, screaming and yelling. Parties everywhere that night. I'm sure it was a crazy night but I don't remember much after the catch.

I was living on Pleasant Street with 3 buddies at the time, in a ramshackle house, we had a party, maybe 20-30 people there. Keg of something, maybe Buffalo Gold? I was pretty ****faced by the end. When it happened, I jumped up and when I came down, my hiking boot punched a hole in our floor. Damn near broke my ankle. Thankfully my system was coursing with adrenaline, booze and weed. Didn't really feel it until the next day. People were pouring out into the street, screaming and yelling. Parties everywhere that night. I'm sure it was a crazy night but I don't remember much after the catch.

I wonder how many of us lived in the same dorm room or house, just several years apart.

I wonder how many of us lived in the same dorm room or house, just several years apart.
I forgot who but there is someone on here that lived in the same room as me in libby pit west years before I arrived on campus.

Libby 2nd floor my first year. Then houses at 18th and Cascade, 10th and Pleasant and 18th and Goss (2 min walk to Liquor Mart!)

Had some donor Tickets scored by my buddy Victor. Family in that area. Was thinking of leaving just because of the badgering of a bunch of people that had been in those seats for decades. "Hey too bad you came all this way only to get your butts beat". Heard that from about 6 sets of long time season ticket holder couples next to us.

The one indelible memory that I will always have from that day is the sight of 106,000 stunned people remaining motionless and absolutely quiet for what seemed, at the time, like 20 minutes. It was probably more like 4 or 5 minutes before anyone started to head to the exits. I'm not sure if the scoreboard ever put the points up. It was truly one of the most surreal, exquisite, exciting, draining, ... few minutes of my life. Just an incredible thing to witness.

When the play happened I just wasn't sure it was valid. And they were all dead silent. For like 20 seconds. The key was a pack of CU fans down by the field going wild. I flat out yelled at each of those long timers until they literally scattered to avoid my screams.

Then we visited every bar and screamed every time they showed it on highlights all night.

Priceless!

This. The 20-30 seconds of stunned silence was compelling. I was down on the field and I turned around and looked up to see 100,000 people on their feet. Everyone of them had an :O face and were in shock.

The announcer didnt announce the touchdown for nearly a minute. They didnt update the scoreboard for a minute or two either.

Westbrook ran along the sidelines taunting the Michigan faithful because he was from Detroit and his childhood love did not recruit him.

It was soooooo epic.

Last edited:
The one indelible memory that I will always have from that day is the sight of 106,000 stunned people remaining motionless and absolutely quiet for what seemed, at the time, like 20 minutes. It was probably more like 4 or 5 minutes before anyone started to head to the exits. I'm not sure if the scoreboard ever put the points up. It was truly one of the most surreal, exquisite, exciting, draining, ... few minutes of my life. Just an incredible thing to witness.

correction....

there were only 105,990 fans there..... After I left the stadium (and I was arrested on the field), there were 10 Michigan fans tailgaiting about an hour after the game that had no idea that they lost..... And they did not believe me either when I told them that they lost......

one of the guys from Michigan asked me: "why are you so happy?".....

boy did did I enjoy the next minute of my life!

correction....

there were only 105,990 fans there..... After I left the stadium (and I was arrested on the field), there were 10 Michigan fans tailgaiting about an hour after the game that had no idea that they lost..... And they did not believe me either when I told them that they lost......

one of the guys from Michigan asked me: "why are you so happy?".....

boy did did I enjoy the next minute of my life!

CU MICH.JPG

It was in the early days of pay per view college football and Time Warner didn't select CU @ UM as one of the games you could buy. I had to find a bar in Jacksonville, NC that would televise off of their satellite dish... thanks Hawt for finding the bar... and joining me... and sitting on a bar stool for 3 hours while pregnant... and sticking with me even after I sang the CU fight song in a bar full of strangers after the Miracle happened.
Jacksonville? Were you at Camp Lejeune?

Personally, I watched the game at home with my Dad, also a CU grad. This and the National Championship game are 2 of the best father & son moments that I remember. My Dad is not a rah-rah guy but to see him going crazy for both those wins will always be a special memory.

Back