What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 29, 2007

I slept through that game. I was up most of the night before for work and I decided to rest my eyes for a few minutes as the game kicked off. I woke up that evening and saw highlights on Sports Center. D'oh!

That, along with the WVU and KU (when they were highly ranked) wins in Boulder were about the only good memories I had of CU football while I was a student.

Still can't forget the looks on the faces of the OU cheerleaders after that game winning FG.

Went to a concert at Farrand field the night before (Tea Leaf Green) and while laying on our backs we looked up and there was a ralphie cloud and right then we knew the Buffs were going to win.

Thought it was the start of something great. Nope.

One fan's perspective: at the time I had two season tickets on the 42 yard line east side, lower bowl (long story how I got them - dumb luck, really). I brought my 3 year old daughter to the game. She was standing on the bleacher, because she couldn’t see anything otherwise.

On the first play in the clip, when Hugh Charles broke the LOS, everyone stood up as it was obvious it was going to be a big gainer, causing the bleaching to rock. She fell to the cement straight on her right knee. Of course she starts wailing uncontrollably, and after a few minutes, I noticed. Won't stop wailing. Going bananas. Her knee is bleeding a bit, but not bad. I try to get her to settle down. No dice. Leave our seats and try to get a band-aid. Ask concessions, ask police, ask ushers. No one knows where I can get a band-aid. Still wailing uncontrollably.

I finally give up, and head back to the car and listen to the rest of the game on KOA radio driving home while she slept.

Good times!

Last edited:
One fan's perspective: at the time I had two season tickets on the 42 yard line east side, lower bowl (long story how I got them - dumb luck, really). I brought my 3 year old daughter to the game. She was standing on the bleacher, because she could see anything otherwise.

On the first play in the clip, when Hugh Charles broke the LOS, everyone stood up as it was obvious it was going to be a big gainer, causing the bleaching to rock. She fell to the cement straight on her right knee. Of course she starts wailing uncontrollably, and after a few minutes, I noticed. Won't stop wailing. Going bananas. Her knee is bleeding a bit, but not bad. I try to get her to settle down. No dice. Leave our seats and try to get a band-aid. Ask concessions, ask police, ask ushers. No one knows where I can get a band-aid. Still wailing uncontrollably.

I finally give up, and head back to the car and listen to the rest of the game on KOA radio driving home while she slept.

Good times!
Some serious birth control right here

One fan's perspective: at the time I had two season tickets on the 42 yard line east side, lower bowl (long story how I got them - dumb luck, really). I brought my 3 year old daughter to the game. She was standing on the bleacher, because she could see anything otherwise.

Good times!

If you would've ignored her, she would have stopped crying.

That will always be the Broomfield High School game to me. Two big special teams plays from former Eagles.

Back