What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Seven Buffs Earn USTFCCCA All-Academic Honors

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
NEW ORLEANS — The University of Colorado men’s and women’s cross country teams placed seven individuals on the USTFCCCA’s All-Academic Teams for the 2013 season.

CU placed two men and five women on the academic teams. Honorees must have compiled a cumulative GPA or 3.25 or greater and must have finished as an All-American or among the 15 finishers (or 10 percent) in their regional meet.

Read more...

Huge congratulations to all 7!!!

Notably,

Freshman Ben Saarel and junior Morgan Pearson were named to the men’s team. Saarel was one of five honorees on the men’s side to report a 4.0 GPA. He is majoring in engineering physics...

OK, freshman or not, Ben, when you pull off a 4.0 in engineering at an AAU school while competing on a D1 varsity team at national championship level -- I stand impressed.

The linked article doesn't make complete sense, though: it names 7 total Buffs receiving this honor, but states Ben is one of five men honorees with a 4.0, lists one male with < 4.0 and then mentions five women receiving it also (5 + 1 + 5 != 7).

Notably,

OK, freshman or not, Ben, when you pull off a 4.0 in engineering at an AAU school while competing on a D1 varsity team at national championship level -- I stand impressed.

The linked article doesn't make complete sense, though: it names 7 total Buffs receiving this honor, but states Ben is one of five men honorees with a 4.0, lists one male with < 4.0 and then mentions five women receiving it also (5 + 1 + 5 != 7).

Five of all of the men honorees had a 4.0, he is one of the five and the other four go to other schools.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2014/02/div...-and-individual-all-academic-awards-announced

Last edited:

Notably,

I agree, congrats to all!!! (Re your math question, I believe they are saying that Mr. Saarel was one of 5 male cross country recipients at colleges NATIONWIDE with a 4.0.)

Back