What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sh!t just got real with CU recruiting

Need a conference title in ‘19. Too-15 class in his first full class

Sure hope Tucker can recruit some ready to play OL right now.

MM's demise is directly related to his lack of recruiting OL combined with the cumulative effects of this sequence of events after the 2017 season: Isaac Miller medically retired, Lynott torn achilles, Grant Polley kicked off team, Morretti unable to overcome his injuries, Kanan Ray damaged, unable to convince grad xfers to come in, ...

I don't think Tucker will get near as much time as MacIntyre got. Need to get help in NOW! This is problem #1.

RB, S, CB, TE, NT, are problems 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, and 2e.

Tucker has made some things clear:

- recruiting is something coaches will do every day
- there will be no self-imposed limitations
- we will go after the best talent and it's not rocket science to figure out who they are
- we will focus on CO, TX and CA plus LA while opening up GA and FL for some talent
- he wants championships and isn't going to be interested in a recruit who can't beat USC
- he is confident he can sell Colorado to any top prospect, get him to visit and close

It's just like when McCartney went and got Sal when no one thought it was possible. CU is going to get back to going after it again. Tucker is going to build to be able to match talent with anyone and win championships in Boulder.

Get on board and buckle your seat belts, folks.

And forget everything you thought you knew about what CU can and cannot achieve.

It's on!

I think 8 wins isn't out of the question. I think after 5-0 this season most were thinking 8 wins was the floor. But I think that a completely different attitude instilled in players for 9 months that is far more aggressive opportunist will make a huge difference in the on-field product. As to the comment about not winning recruiting battles with the likes of UGA, USC, UDub, etc., I'm sure we'll pick up recruits that didn't get picked up by those schools who were close, and would love to bring that chip on their shoulder to CU to show what the other schools missed out on. I know there was a lot of talk about Tate wanting to win so badly against USC because so many of his friends went there and he couldn't. Who knows if Borghi holds resentment against CU for not offering, but I wouldn't put it past CU to get some very talented recruits that the other schools didn't pick up. And I'm not suggesting that those become the good gets, a la FHCMM, but rather those are the extras to the very good recruits that we also won flat out against other schools.

I think 8 wins isn't out of the question. I think after 5-0 this season most were thinking 8 wins was the floor. But I think that a completely different attitude instilled in players for 9 months that is far more aggressive opportunist will make a huge difference in the on-field product. As to the comment about not winning recruiting battles with the likes of UGA, USC, UDub, etc., I'm sure we'll pick up recruits that didn't get picked up by those schools who were close, and would love to bring that chip on their shoulder to CU to show what the other schools missed out on. I know there was a lot of talk about Tate wanting to win so badly against USC because so many of his friends went there and he couldn't. Who knows if Borghi holds resentment against CU for not offering, but I wouldn't put it past CU to get some very talented recruits that the other schools didn't pick up. And I'm not suggesting that those become the good gets, a la FHCMM, but rather those are the extras to the very good recruits that we also won flat out against other schools.
CU offered Borghi. He was actually committed to CU before things took a bad/weird turn.

CU offered Borghi. He was actually committed to CU before things took a bad/weird turn.

I thought the discussion after that game was that Borghi got away, as in he wasn't offered. That was before I was on AB so clearly I was uninformed. Curious as to what was a weird/bad turn?

I am thinking that we are a bit constipated at the moment....

49ArbzT.gif

This thread is turning into Buffnik’s B_Walk moment.

So all the ambitious assumptions presented as forgone conclusions that have been posted on here about Mel Tucker (such as this thread) are in fact just assumptions and not forgone conclusions? That’s crazy talk!

The title of this thread kind of reminds me of the one about celebrating bowl eligibility when we were 5 - 2. The only thing “real” about it so far is real ****ty.
You didn't like seeing the 4 other in-state recruits OV and confirm their commitments over the weekend? You didn't like seeing our highest rated recruit, Mangham, confirm his commitment after his in-home visit last night?

I didn't realize you were such a fan of Evans.

Y'all are a bunch of premature babies. **** is going to get real. If you thought Tucker was going to come in here and pull a Maclite and keep the entire incoming class, you are crazy. If you thought he wasn't going to lose recruits, you are crazy. The real question is how many bumps we hit this year. We need players to fill holes, stat. The early signing period could really hurt this transition class.

But it could also be the funnest recruiting period since 2016, if not 2008, once we push through the pain of early signing day. If it's a bust, then we can say things aren't going well.

Bunch of abused people around here!

Back