What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sh!t just got real with CU recruiting

Had an old grade school friend that is/ was Army reserve. Engineer tasked with IED removal in Ramadi and Falluja back in 2005. He was attached to a group of Marines, and was highly complimentary of them, much more than the Army. Plus he also got the beers Marines get on their birthday.

Didn’t disparage pier queers except to call them pier queers.

Means something ...... or means nothing ;)

poYcH9n.png

Re: Brandon Turnage.... No way is correct. Tucker recruited him at UGA and they have a relationship, thus the "like".

Ouch! The truth hurts. I’m a Montez fan The only thing about him that is NFL ready is his arm strength. He has developed a bit of touch on Long passes but that is it.

I don’t put much of this season or last on Montez’s shoulders. Our Oline and play calling was so bad it is tough to tell how good he is, but I will say there are many QB’s in college football that are better suited for winning games at the college level. Fields is probably one of them.
Montez throws one of the best deep balls I have ever seen.

When he has the time.

Across the middle, however, is not his forte.

How many 5* QBs transfer in the first place?

Actually, a **** ton of them by percentage. Since 2010, there's been 19 5* QBs according to 247- Fields will be the 11th to have transferred (~58%). This article is from last year, but it shows each of the 16 QBs at the time it was published and their transfer status. Last year's class had 3: Fields, JT Daniels at USC, and Trevor Lawrence at Clemson; I doubt either of the latter two will transfer. The list really drives home how rarely a 5* QB transfer really works out all that well, though.

Year247Sports Composite 5-star QBsTransferred To
2010Phillip Sims, AlabamaVirginia
2011Jeff Driskel, FloridaLouisiana Tech
2011Braxton Miller, Ohio State
2012Jameis Winston, Florida State
2012Gunner Kiel, Notre DameCincinnati
2013Max Browne, USCPittsburgh
2013Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
2014Kyle Allen, Texas A&MHouston
2015Josh Rosen, UCLA
2015Blake Barnett, AlabamaArizona State, USF
2015Kyler Murray, Texas A&MOklahoma
2016Shea Patterson, Ole MissMichigan
2016Jacob Eason, GeorgiaWashington
2017Davis Mills, Stanford
2017Hunter Johnson, ClemsonNorthwestern
2017Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Montez throws one of the best deep balls I have ever seen.

When he has the time.

Across the middle, however, is not his forte.

I agree. I’m a Montez fan myself. His Oline play and play calling were atrocious and so it is hard to get a grip on how good he really is.

He tends to throw the ball without much touch and feel passes aren’t his strong point.

I think he has NFL like talents and will get a shot in the league. My point is that Fields may be better at winning games at the college level.

Actually, a **** ton of them by percentage. Since 2010, there's been 19 5* QBs according to 247- Fields will be the 11th to have transferred (~58%). This article is from last year, but it shows each of the 16 QBs at the time it was published and their transfer status. Last year's class had 3: Fields, JT Daniels at USC, and Trevor Lawrence at Clemson; I doubt either of the latter two will transfer. The list really drives home how rarely a 5* QB transfer really works out all that well, though.

Year247Sports Composite 5-star QBsTransferred To
2010Phillip Sims, AlabamaVirginia
2011Jeff Driskel, FloridaLouisiana Tech
2011Braxton Miller, Ohio State
2012Jameis Winston, Florida State
2012Gunner Kiel, Notre DameCincinnati
2013Max Browne, USCPittsburgh
2013Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
2014Kyle Allen, Texas A&MHouston
2015Josh Rosen, UCLA
2015Blake Barnett, AlabamaArizona State, USF
2015Kyler Murray, Texas A&MOklahoma
2016Shea Patterson, Ole MissMichigan
2016Jacob Eason, GeorgiaWashington
2017Davis Mills, Stanford
2017Hunter Johnson, ClemsonNorthwestern
2017Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good to know, hopefully HCMT is wary of this stat as we should be recruiting 5 stars in no time.

I’m not sure who to contact to make threads?! 4 star freshmen tight end Luke Ford is set to transfer from Georgia to. I’d think our guys would be giving him a call

I’m not sure who to contact to make threads?! 4 star freshmen tight end Luke Ford is set to transfer from Georgia to. I’d think our guys would be giving him a call
Anyone can make a thread.

I saw a tweet that he is still in the NCAA transfer portal. However, it also looks like he rejoined the UGA team for the bowl game after he had left the team, so I'm not sure if he's actually going to transfer.

Back