What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-24 Tracking History Thread

I am sticking with my Dallas prediction.

I just want him to leave CU as a winner. We need wins
It does feel like things are being set up for Jerry to make a run at SS if they don't have the season they want with Dak and if they can put together a reasonable package to move all the way up from the late teens. However, if Shedeur is a legitimate #1 overall pick candidate next year, I doubt Dallas would have the means to move up that far. They'd probably have to throw three years of 1s and 2s, plus Parsons and Lamb to move up that far.

It does feel like things are being set up for Jerry to make a run at SS if they don't have the season they want with Dak and if they can put together a reasonable package to move all the way up from the late teens. However, if Shedeur is a legitimate #1 overall pick candidate next year, I doubt Dallas would have the means to move up that far. They'd probably have to throw three years of 1s and 2s, plus Parsons and Lamb to move up that far.

It'll be tough to be in the running for a top 2 draft pick next year when the cowboys win 10 - 12 games.

If they want to send Dak our way this year for a 4th it might help. . .

It'll be tough to be in the running for a top 2 draft pick next year when the cowboys win 10 - 12 games.

If they want to send Dak our way this year for a 4th it might help. . .
Yeah, someone mentioned that they could include Dak in a trade to move up that far, but that's obviously not going to happen since he'll be a free agent, and why would any team with the #1 overall pick trade that for Dak in a year where there will be multiple franchise caliber QBs?

Yeah, someone mentioned that they could include Dak in a trade to move up that far, but that's obviously not going to happen since he'll be a free agent, and why would any team with the #1 overall pick trade that for Dak in a year where there will be multiple franchise caliber QBs?
Next year is weaker than this year.

After going through everything I could find on Bo Nix and his monster season at UO last season, I can't help but be excited for SS2 potentially having a monster season this year. Being thrown into a tough conference like the Pac-12 last season and putting up similar numbers he put up at JSU behind a junk OL is nothing short of impressive in its own right. I don't think the Big 12 is going to be as tough as the Pac-12 was last season and given SS2's motivations of being the first overall draft pick next year, you can expect a monster season from him.

What would a monster season from SS2 look like? I'm thinking 4,000 yards passing (3,230 last season), 70%+ accuracy (69.9% last season), 9 yards per pass average (7.5 last season), 35-40 TD passes (27 last season), and maybe 45-40 TDs overall.

After going through everything I could find on Bo Nix and his monster season at UO last season, I can't help but be excited for SS2 potentially having a monster season this year. Being thrown into a tough conference like the Pac-12 last season and putting up similar numbers he put up at JSU behind a junk OL is nothing short of impressive in its own right. I don't think the Big 12 is going to be as tough as the Pac-12 was last season and given SS2's motivations of being the first overall draft pick next year, you can expect a monster season from him.

What would a monster season from SS2 look like? I'm thinking 4,000 yards passing (3,230 last season), 70%+ accuracy (69.9% last season), 9 yards per pass average (7.5 last season), 35-40 TD passes (27 last season), and maybe 45-40 TDs overall.
I think a monster season would be 10 wins, and far, far, far fewer negative "rushing" yards, with moderate or no improvement to the passing stats.

I think a monster season would be 10 wins, and far, far, far fewer negative "rushing" yards, with moderate or no improvement to the passing stats.
This,

The pros know he is physically gifted, they know he is intelligent and that he gets along well with coaches and teammates.

What they want to see is him elevate his team to win games they wouldn't without him. They want to see his numbers in close games and against the better quality opponents, they want to see him produce TDs without turning the ball over. They want to see him adjust to changes opponents make in the game, adjust to unplanned obstacles like having a key teammate go down with an injury, see him attack an unexpected weakness in the opponents defense after a guy goes down or is kicked out of a game.

The pro game is played at a higher level physically than the college game but it is played at a much higher level mentally. They know that he is smart enough, they want to see if he can apply the mental skills in game when it matters.

With an improved line and RB situation, would we see a bit less yardage for SS due to RB play?

Back