What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-24 Tracking History Thread

I give it a coin flip chance. If he had better protection, chances he’d come back would go up. Dude’s using up lives like a cat.
Shedeur will be a top 5 pick in the 2024 draft barring something wacky happening. Playing for pops isn’t as fun as creating his own legacy and making his own money.

I don't see either of them leaving after this year. They have been playing for "pop's" there entire life. Why leave with one year to go? CU will be better next year and a chance at the 12 team playoffs. Too much to give up. Also, big 12 next year.

For whatever reason, I had it in my head that Shilo was a 1-year grad transfer. Glad he can come back. I'm also glad that the covid year allowance is getting toward the end of its window because this sh*t gets confusing.

I don’t know whether to laugh, or to curl up and cry about this. Can the 21 and 22 seasons be stabbed in the heart, have the head chopped off, be wrapped in iron link chains be burned, the ashes be put into a box, then buried in salt…and never be brought up ever again ever?
I think we can petition the NCAA to have those seasons expunged.

Sheduer will be a top 5 pick. But is it worthwhile to get an insurance policy, and come back and try to be the #1 overall after next year?

That's what he will need to decide. I just looked at a couple years and it didn't seem like that big of a difference. So it seems like his better decision is to go but if he doesn't he will be just fine money wise.

*As of right now* I think Shedeur will stay for his senior season. Even though he's lighting it up this year, he's still the consensus third or worse QB in the 2024 NFL draft class behind Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. NFL teams can also make surprising decisions when it comes to drafting QBs and this QB class is DEEP. Ewers, Penix, Rattler, JJ McCarthy, Jayden Daniels, etc. are all legit prospects.

Coming back next year to continue to build what the Sanders family started makes a ton of sense. Heisman favorite along with Hunter, hopefully playoff contenders after another round of portal/recruiting, and contender for #1 overall pick. Hell, he and Travis could potentially go 1st and 2nd. All very real possibilities that would cement his legacy and elevate his brand even higher than it is now. Shedeur is obviously not hurting for money and coming back would be a big, but smart, bet on himself imo.

*As of right now* I think Shedeur will stay for his senior season. Even though he's lighting it up this year, he's still the consensus third or worse QB in the 2024 NFL draft class behind Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. NFL teams can also make surprising decisions when it comes to drafting QBs and this QB class is DEEP. Ewers, Penix, Rattler, JJ McCarthy, Jayden Daniels, etc. are all legit prospects.

Coming back next year to continue to build what the Sanders family started makes a ton of sense. Heisman favorite along with Hunter, hopefully playoff contenders after another round of portal/recruiting, and contender for #1 overall pick. Hell, he and Travis could potentially go 1st and 2nd. All very real possibilities that would cement his legacy and elevate his brand even higher than it is now. Shedeur is obviously not hurting for money and coming back would be a big, but smart, bet on himself imo.
This times 100. I think people are getting carried away with the top 5 pick stuff. I don’t see him going ahead of Penix. He’s making so much money this year that it’s no big deal for him to come back for another year with a better team. We’re just getting started and I think he wants some more of it.

This times 100. I think people are getting carried away with the top 5 pick stuff. I don’t see him going ahead of Penix. He’s making so much money this year that it’s no big deal for him to come back for another year with a better team. We’re just getting started and I think he wants some more of it.
Shedeur is currently ahead of Penix on nearly every draft board - he has better mobility and produces comparable numbers behind far worse OL support. He is not making top-5 pick money this year. He will only exceed fhat if he wins the Heisman. Prime wants him to come back because he gives Prime/CU the best chance to win in 2024. Shedeur will want to come back if he ends the year with a draft grade less than a top 3-5 pick. It gets complicated if he’s successful this year and has a chance to go in the top 3-5 players.

Diante Lee of The Athletic currently has Shedeur rated as a round 3-5 pick.

If Sanders is sharp in identifying what he’s getting, works quickly to get the ball out and stays off the ground Saturday, I’d feel comfortable with his name climbing in this quarterback draft class regardless of the final score. (I have him in the Round 3-5 range right now.)

The overall analysis in the piece is pretty decent. The notion that he’s a 3rd-5th rounder is not.
Baker Mayfield was once thought to be a day two pick. Draft analysis at this point in time is irrelevant. Shedeur will either play himself into the top 5 conversation, or there will be enough trepidation for the first round to be in doubt. At this time, there’s a 0% chance he’s selected ahead of Caleb Williams. We’ll see if that changes this evening

Baker Mayfield was once thought to be a day two pick. Draft analysis at this point in time is irrelevant. Shedeur will either play himself into the top 5 conversation, or there will be enough trepidation for the first round to be in doubt. At this time, there’s a 0% chance he’s selected ahead of Caleb Williams. We’ll see if that changes this evening
He doesn’t have to be selected before Caleb Williams in order to justify leaving.

Right. I think if he's a late 1st/ early 2nd, he stays. Higher than that and it's an NFL lean. Top 10 (especially Top 5) and it would be unprecedented that he'd stay to the point that I think he'd almost have to go.

The Cardinals and Bears will have the first two picks in the draft. With the amount ofNUL $ Williams and Sanders are making they have options.

He would go before Maye. Once teams interview and get Maye and Sanders on the big board, Sanders will easily surpass Maye. That said, I don't see how NFL teams pass on Williams. Probably the most talented QB prospect of all time. Ahead of Elway and Luck for me.

He would go before Maye. Once teams interview and get Maye and Sanders on the big board, Sanders will easily surpass Maye. That said, I don't see how NFL teams pass on Williams. Probably the most talented QB prospect of all time. Ahead of Elway and Luck for me.
Maye is pretty damn impressive. Love the snap and accuracy on his mid-range and deep throws. Has the prototype build & big arm to be perfect for a place like Chicago.

Back