What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shoot for the moon - Hire Jim Tressel

I think there's a strong case for going after Jim Tressel if CU could get comfortable with the "show cause" issue. Under ordinary circumstances CU would not even be able to dream about hiring Tressel but because of the sanctions he won't have the same options he would have had otherwise.

It's a big risk, but Bohn's job is riding on this hire, so this would be the gutsy, go for broke move we have accused the administration of shying away from for years. It would bring instant media attention on the program, would give us serious credibility with recruits, and the local media would have a real hard time arguing that we would have been better off sticking with Embree for another year over someone with a record like Tressel. Oh, and the guy is one hell of a football coach which is what we need.

If Tressel and Bohn want to continue their careers in college athletics, then they both have a vested (pun intended) interest in keeping their nose clean.

I don't know what it would take for CU to feel comfortable hiring Tressel, but I really like the sound of him better than the other names floating around. This would be the ultimate brass ball move by Bohn.

I stand by what I said. Tressel with the show clause is too toxic for me.
Not to mention that the NCAA would be scrutinizing the CU program with a microscope as long as he was here. The NCAA doesn't like being lied to ... and is very vindictive in that regard.

Tressell will go to Tennessee before he ever goes to Colorado. The cash is not going to be enough to bring him to Boulder.

Tressell will go to Tennessee before he ever goes to Colorado. The cash is not going to be enough to bring him to Boulder.

You have no idea what you are talking about as usual. Cu has plenty of cash to hire whom they want. There is no way in hell they hire tressel however. Pull your head or go circle jerk with the fuskers.

Back