What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should CU schedule Fuskers in OOC?

Which OOC format do you favor?

• Total voters
One thing to remember, or understand, is that it is VERY likely that, once we begin in the Pac, we will only have three OOC games per year, not four. One will be csu. Our in conference schedule will be BRUTAL. The days of scheduling big boys in the OOC schedule should be over, for the most part. I'd say we play the rammies and a couple of less difficult opponents to prepare for the conference.

And in the future, who do you see CU beating in the PAC? Washington? Money isnt the solution to everything, look at ND. You need a real coach, good luck with that.

Your response reflects your narrow minded wishful thinking. You of course are right. After Dan Hawkins, CU could never possibly recover right? Just like the Fairbanks era with losses to Drake and fellow conference partners Nebraska and Oklahoma forever unstoppable we would never recover right? Southern Cal has stood at the pinnacle for years and could never be touched right? They are about the learn that even they can fall and fall hard. All it takes is the right coach, recruiting, and resources which Colorado is now going to have in relative abundance. Please keep up your daydreaming, because it is quite amusing.

And in the future, who do you see CU beating in the PAC? Washington? Money isnt the solution to everything, look at ND. You need a real coach, good luck with that.

The answer entirely depends on the coaching staff. It wasn't so long ago, NU was struggling with Callihan. Hawkins is our low-rent version of NU's previous coach. By the end of the game in Lincoln, the safe bet is that CU will be well on it's way to finding new, and better coach. It's a plumb job.

Over the long haul, CU will beat every single school in the Pac16. U$C just got penalized to such a degree that they are in reach. CU does pretty well in Folsom, and is always dangerous at home. CU has beaten many of the Pac10 teams in the past already. There's no reason to believe those historical trends will change.

Your response reflects your narrow minded wishful thinking. You of course are right. After Dan Hawkins, CU could never possibly recover right? Just like the Fairbanks era with losses to Drake and fellow conference partners Nebraska and Oklahoma forever unstoppable we would never recover right? Southern Cal has stood at the pinnacle for years and could never be touched right? They are about the learn that even they can fall and fall hard. All it takes is the right coach, recruiting, and resources which Colorado is now going to have in relative abundance. Please keep up your daydreaming, because it is quite amusing.

You're right, and I stated the same thing "You need a real coach, good luck with that". Then I hear all the extend Bohn talk now that he got you to the PAC, that would be great, the same guy that made a terrible hire in Hawk, then didnt fire him when he should have been. Yea, extend him, only good things will happen from that. :lol:

The answer entirely depends on the coaching staff. It wasn't so long ago, NU was struggling with Callihan. Hawkins is our low-rent version of NU's previous coach. By the end of the game in Lincoln, the safe bet is that CU will be well on it's way to finding new, and better coach. It's a plumb job.

Over the long haul, CU will beat every single school in the Pac16. U$C just got penalized to such a degree that they are in reach. CU does pretty well in Folsom, and is always dangerous at home. CU has a winning record against the Pac 10 already. There's no reason to believe those historical trends will change.

fify

Trust me, we still don't want Dan around. What people are saying is that even during the worst 4 years in our history we have still won significant games. Scoreboard? How bout TT. Twice. aTm. Shoot the only team in the Big 12 North Dan hasn't beat is Mizzou. Fuskers of all people should know that all it takes to turn things around is a coaching change.

I will agree with that. Good luck in the Pac and with your future coaching search.

Funny to hear smack talk from a school who has Dan Hawkins as their coach.

Kind of the point, isn't it? Even with flippin' Dan Hawkins coaching us, CU was still able to take down the #3 ranked team in the country.

Kind of the point, isn't it? Even with flippin' Dan Hawkins coaching us, CU was still able to take down the #3 ranked team in the country.

the same team that Bugeater fan is bragging about beating at #20 and finished unranked last year.

...and able to lose to Montana State :lol:

Yep. It's truly amazing that CU has been able to rise up at times and overcome the coaching of someone who was able to lose that game. Victories over #3 Oklahoma in '07, #21 West Virginia in '08 and #17 Kansas in '09.

Holy ****! I just realized that Hawkins has orchestrated a better list of impressive victories than Pelini has... and he's done it in one fewer seasons. :lol:

Nebraska hasn't beaten a top 20 team since Frank Solich was its coach.

Of course we're not pumping up Dan Hawkins. But as incredibly bad as his record has been, it's still .500 or better in the Big 12 against Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor and Iowa State. Everyone else has scoreboard on the Buffs under Hawkins, but I'm certainly not going to take any crap from any of those programs. If you couldn't have a winning record against CU during the first 4 years of Hawkins, you never will.

Geez you guys always have your fact wrong on this. You hear one thing and run with it.

2005 Alamo Bowl we beat #20 Michigan
2009 we beat #18 Missouri
2009 we beat #20 Oklahoma
2009 Holiday Bowl we beat #20 Arizona

Yep. It's truly amazing that CU has been able to rise up at times and overcome the coaching of someone who was able to lose that game. Victories over #3 Oklahoma in '07, #21 West Virginia in '08 and #17 Kansas in '09.

Holy ****! I just realized that Hawkins has orchestrated a better list of impressive victories than Pelini has... and he's done it in one fewer seasons. :lol:

One less season???? WTF are you talking about? :lol: Might want to check that one, Pelini has been at NU for 2 years.

Geez you guys always have your fact wrong on this. You hear one thing and run with it.

Now post the games you lost against ranked opponents.

Not trying to pump up Dan.
I'm simply pointing out that Nebraska is completely walking away from their Big 8 heritage, while CU is not. The Sooners are a more successful football program than Nebraska, and add more value to our new conf than the bugeaters. And CU has scoreboard on the sooners with one of the worst coaches in our storied history.

When you are watching all those classic Huskers games on the BTN with your box of tissues and bottle of jerkins, those images on the screen will be of current Pac16 members.

Enjoy the Con-Agra/Monsanto Conference!

See ya'. Wouldn't want to be ya'.

Nebraska is #4 all time in wins with 827. OU has 791 and most of their NCs came while on probation. Not sure if they should be considered a more successful football program but whatever. Enjoy the academic prestige of the Pac 10 being watered down with the likes of Texas Tech, OU and Okie Lite.

According to your own official web site (huskers.com):

2005: Michigan was unranked
2009: Missouri was ranked #24
2009: Oklahoma was ranked #20
2009: Arizona was ranked #22

Should I not use that site any more?

I was wrong. You beat #20 Oklahoma last year. I need to change my smack to "higher that #20".

But you're also wrong. That's the only one.

2009 Missouri was #18 in coaches poll
Arizona was #20 when we beat them 33-0 in the Holiday bowl. How did Dan do in his bowl game last year?

One less season???? WTF are you talking about? :lol: Might want to check that one, Pelini has been at NU for 2 years.

Yeah. I knew that as soon as I posted it. I was thinking "more Hawkins impressive wins than Nebraska has had since 2005" and typed that wrong.

2009 Missouri was #18 in coaches poll
Arizona was #20 when we beat them 33-0 in the Holiday bowl. How did Dan do in his bowl game last year?

When Hawkins gets run out of Boulder, let's hope there are not any death threats, as was the case during NU's last regime change.

According to your own official web site (huskers.com):

2005: Michigan was unranked
2009: Missouri was ranked #24
2009: Oklahoma was ranked #20
2009: Arizona was ranked #22

Should I not use that site any more?

Man you are so wrong. I don't really know how to help you. Google can be your friend.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2005/week/15
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/6
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/10
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/15

Since you are such a historian, tell me how many regular season games the huskers have played against the Big10? And what's the series record?

Seems like an interesting idea...

Ill 7-2-1
Indiana 7-9-3
Iowa 26-12-2
Michigan 2-3-1
Mich St 5-0
Minn 20-29-2
NW 3-1
Ohio St 0-2
Penn St 6-7
Purdue 0-1
Wisc 3-2

That does include bowl games, not reg season as you asked (but Im not bored enough to sort that out)

79-70 overall

Back